Durden

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
t4xsxm6.jpg

Along with announcing Broly as the new raider. This is not only massive for this game, but potentially massive for Bandai Namco finally starting to implement cross-play more into their games!

View: https://youtu.be/YFJfLsJtVzM?si=okqmfq3yTeQA6ulT

DB-Breakers_10-28-23.jpg

This game is a fucking riot, and no better time to start playin. Come on through and steal a wish from Frieza or fight your way out of Buu's stomach

Note : Sounds like cross play will be coming sometime during season 4, not at launch

Last edited:

PlanetSmasher

The Abominable Showman
Oct 25, 2017
I genuinely didn't realize the servers were still up. I was sure this game would be dead already. All the Dragonball youtubers I used to watch dropped it after like two months.

That said, Super Broly feels like a weird choice for a Breaker raid boss considering he's...not evil, and even when he went berserk, he was entirely focused on fighting the people in front of him. This probably should've been Z Broly instead, since he actually seems to like blowing up planets.

Tailzo

Fallen Guardian
Oct 27, 2017
I never tried this. Was it free to play? PC, xbox and ps5?

(Edit: I see hhe platforms listed on the image now)

Jawmuncher

Crisis Dino
Oct 25, 2017
Ibis Island
Kinda of amazed it's getting this as an update.
Was like the biggest thing people said it needed since day one, so it's nice to see it getting this.

Since between all the platforms, there should be enough players to keep things going

Murlin

Feb 12, 2019
Hell yeah, I fell off shortly after season 2 started (I think some big games came out around then) but this probably gets me back in.

OP
OP
Durden

Durden

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Xenoverse 2 should teach us to never doubt how far B/N may go to support a DB game.

This really is huge line to cross though. I imagine they're using this game as a testing ground for cross-play technology moving forward. It's a good project for that, they can get tons of useful data off of a more experimental project like this.

Now the only things I still need is Steam Deck support (didn't work on there the last time I checked because of EAC, may be addressed. More important than ever now!), and the ability to play against friends as Raider. This was so much fun at the beginning but was unfortunately abused by certain players, but I'm sure they could figure out a way to make it work again.

brooklynb_jp

Jan 8, 2019
This is very good news. I haven't played in a while, but I'd like to give Broly a try. I hope this means Bandai Namco will start including cross play at launch for their multiplayer games. My Hero Ultra Rumble needs it too, and cross play has always been a bizarre exclusion