• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

m_shortpants

Oct 25, 2017
Can someone explain or look combo notation for this have? I know SF but have no idea how to read these inputs you guys are posting

Oct 28, 2017
Oh wow, he's not even leveled up there?

What happens if you alpha counter the multi-kicks?

Just tested it in training mode because I was curious too. If you guard cancel tag while the j236H is still active the tagged in character gets caught for a full launch for 3.8k at minimum (I just did a basic 5M->3H launch). At best you do it after the j236H and Gohan is completely safe whether or not the jM following lands. So that's looking like it's pretty much hold that shit central unless I'm missing something.

EDIT: you can actually guard cancel mid screen and it'll win at certain timings, though it's still heavily in Gohan's favor. In the corner it's airtight.

Oct 28, 2017
Also, I was blocking. Still got hit by something though and that was the last time that character got to do anything. From 100% to dead.
All that teaches me is that I was right to hate fighting games in the past.

FluxWaveZ

Persona Central
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
It seems like the only real zoner in this game is Frieza. That's kind of a shame. Though, in a game where everyone has good zoning capabilities, I guess that evens it up.

hypertails

Oct 25, 2017
anyone got any cool 18 combos or advice for using her command grab? It seems to have too much startup to combo into it

In the corner you can get a relaunch with most assists by doing 2m 5m jc jmh assist 214m 2m 5m jc etc.

Depending on the speed of the assist, you'll need to call it earlier or later. With adult gohan's assist I hit the button at the same time as the jh, but with SSJ goku I have to hit it with the jm to get it to combo. The timing linking the 2m after the 214m will also vary from assist to assist, depending on how high the opponent gets launched by the assist. Obviously assists that persist like SSJ vegeta make the timing much easier.

I finish the combo with jlm jc jlm2h 214m superdash jl. autocombo to get the hard knockdown. Off of a 2m starter, the combo will do around 4.5k meterless with 1 assist, and 5.5k meterless with 2 assists while building somewhere between 1.5 to 2 bars of meter.

Full combo notation would be 2m 5m jc jmh assist 214m 2m 5m jc jmh assist 214m 2m 5m jc jlm jc jlm2h 214m m+s jlll into mixup/super etc.

Spinosaurus

Oct 25, 2017
Also, I was blocking. Still got hit by something though and that was the last time that character got to do anything. From 100% to dead.
All that teaches me is that I was right to hate fighting games in the past.
Could you go in to detail a bit? Were you getting hit by Dragon Rush, an unblockable attack?

If you have any replays of that saved it'd do a lot to pinpoint what we could help with.

Karsticles

Self-Requested Ban
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Horrible sarcasm aside, you know for a fact you could have been more helpful. See HardRojo's post for example. You were just being the same arrogant ass you always are.
If he would have posted a video or described a situation, I would have given a more detailed response to help him - see the many other helpful and useful posts I make here. :)

I agree I am often an ass, but I don't think I am arrogant. For example, you said I am "not very good" (which is just a random insult that has nothing to do with my post, by the way, you nasty person!), and I completely agree! I think the only fighting games I am/was good in are Smash 4 and Marvel 3. I'm somewhere around novice level in every other fighting game I play, and I'm fine with that. My goal is never to be good, it's to keep getting better. I'm trash at DBFZ right now and loving every minute of it!

Just tested it in training mode because I was curious too. If you guard cancel tag while the j236H is still active the tagged in character gets caught for a full launch for 3.8k at minimum (I just did a basic 5M->3H launch). At best you do it after the j236H and Gohan is completely safe whether or not the jM following lands. So that's looking like it's pretty much hold that shit central unless I'm missing something.

EDIT: you can actually guard cancel mid screen and it'll win at certain timings, though it's still heavily in Gohan's favor. In the corner it's airtight.
Honestly, I was surprised when I found out that we don't have pushblocking in this game. I also expected that the alpha counter would be invincible, since it is in other ASW fighters with weaker pressure than this game. I keep thinking that we must be missing something, but that thought is starting to evolve into a general feeling of unease about some of the pressure tech coming out.

It seems like the only real zoner in this game is Frieza. That's kind of a shame. Though, in a game where everyone has good zoning capabilities, I guess that evens it up.
ASW hates zoners! Even Frieza's keepaway is atrocious. He can't cancel anything into anything, so you have to commit to a bunch of special moves with massive startup or recovery over and over (exempting 236 moves). Hell, Frieza's level 3 gives him double air dashes...which are best used for approaching and mixups.

I also had my first match tonight where I was downright annoyed by the ending penalty for Frieza's level 3. I got Arthur'd as my opponent was comboing me with SSGSS Goku, and I'm not sure if it wore off during the combo and put me in hard knockdown afterward automatically or if it wore off just as the combo ended, but I went from getting hit by Goku's ultimate skill into crippled state, which gave my opponent a free reset on me. It definitely feels like bullshit, and I really don't understand why a level 3 install that gives a 20% stat boost deserves that kind of drawback. He could have easily won, but I got lucky and he dropped his combo, which led to me finishing him off. Even though I won, my salt levels were high.

A part of me kind of hopes that Cooler replaces Frieza on my team...but Frieza is also my son's favorite character. -_-

Last edited:

Love Machine

Oct 29, 2017
Tokyo, Japan
This game is amazing. Finding time for both this and Monster Hunter is hard!

My current team is Nappa, Hit and Android 16.
Nappa is my "download" character, just to see who I'm up against and build some meter. Nothing fancy; if there's an opening just aim for the hard knockdown and get cheeky with saibamen.
Hit is the middle-man to keep them guessing. I'm still getting to grips with all his possibilities, but when you find a rhythm with him it's so satisfying.
16 is the anchor. Such a fun grappler-hybrid. Even by himself he has huge comeback potential with some crazy Sparking combos. Also busting the 1hko out against clueless mashers is always hilarious.

I get blown up by people who can use assists properly (to cover their entry/extend combos) and have a great low-high game, but every loss is a learning experience.
Still can't believe this game exists. Sometimes I'm looking at replays or YouTube videos and wondering how we've come to deserve such a perfect rendition of the anime in such a great fighting game package.

Kishido

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
The game is amazing... But somehow I still ahve problems linking my combos and all because of the fast speed over the top action with a lot of mechanics...

But alway had this problems with ArcSystems games so I need to try harder.

Jintor

Saw the truth behind the copied door
Oct 25, 2017
also i don't think there's any 100% combos in game discovered yet right? Seems to max out at about 60-70%? i didn't watch the latest tournie tho.

Mind you as someone who played MvC3 obsessively, you can still truck on in dbz for a surprising amount of time after you get touched usually

Spinosaurus

Oct 25, 2017
also i don't think there's any 100% combos in game discovered yet right? Seems to max out at about 60-70%? i didn't watch the latest tournie tho.

Mind you as someone who played MvC3 obsessively, you can still truck on for a surprising amount of time after you get touched usually
So far every TOD combo uses all resources (7 meters and Sparking)

Jintor

Saw the truth behind the copied door
Oct 25, 2017
i kinda feel like the fighting game experience is about 60% getting bodied

Karsticles

Self-Requested Ban
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
i kinda feel like the fighting game experience is about 60% getting bodied
If you're new, it's probably more like 95%. Which is why the genre will never explode competitively 1v1. People can't handle it - they want their video games to make them feel good about themselves.

But that's why I think it's important to have a mindset about improving, not being good. Every day I play I set a small goal for myself that I know I can accomplish. Today, I set two goals:
1) Learn Beerus' optimal bnb.
2) Learn Kid Buu's mixups off of his 236M ender.

Then I dropped Beerus from my team anyway. :-P

If I were new to fighting games, I would set smaller goals for myself like "Don't drop any combos in one match" or "punish a super dash with 2H today". Which isn't to say that I accomplish them consistently, either....

FluxWaveZ

Persona Central
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
What is jmh? I know most of the other stuff means, but google hasn't given me any answers on what jmh means. Or jlm.
I assume it's M+H while jumping, but even I don't know what that is with the pad hotkeys. Better notation can be made for these.

">" is important to denote links. "xx" is important to denote cancels. If it's not gonna be "8" for jumps, putting "j." with the period can help readability. Etc.

triple

Banned for use of alt account
Nov 10, 2017
User was warned for: Personal insults towards another member
If he would have posted a video or described a situation, I would have given a more detailed response to help him - see the many other helpful and useful posts I make here. :)

I agree I am often an ass, but I don't think I am arrogant. For example, you said I am "not very good" (which is just a random insult that has nothing to do with my post, by the way, you nasty person!), and I completely agree! I think the only fighting games I am/was good in are Smash 4 and Marvel 3. I'm somewhere around novice level in every other fighting game I play, and I'm fine with that. My goal is never to be good, it's to keep getting better. I'm trash at DBFZ right now and loving every minute of it!

We played MVC3 multiple times, you aren't good. And you are an ass. And you are arrogant. It wasn't random, it was targeted. I honestly wish you stayed at the other forum.

Since I was reported - I want to be clear, I do not condone Karsticles' harassment of new players, and if this forum and its mods do, then please do not let me hold you back from removing me as part of your community.

Last edited:

Owl

Oct 25, 2017
California
Does anyone know how to cancel Trunk's autocombo for the cross up mix ups? I can't seem to cancel it to just do the cross up dash into his mix ups.

ElBoxy

Oct 25, 2017
How the fuck are you suppose to do Adult Gohan's 8th combo? The timing on his back attack is so strict.

Edit: Wow, ok. So it turns out instead of using the medium button the combo works best if you use the grab button. WTF.

Last edited:

Grailly

Oct 27, 2017
Switzerland
How the fuck are you suppose to do Adult Gohan's 8th combo? The timing on his back attack is so strict.

Edit: Wow, ok. So it turns out instead of using the medium button the combo works best if you use the grab button. WTF.
I was trying that last night and my conclusion was that I was terrible at the game and that I might have to stop playing. Happy to know that I'm not alone on having trouble with that combo

Oct 25, 2017
I assume it's M+H while jumping, but even I don't know what that is with the pad hotkeys. Better notation can be made for these.

">" is important to denote links. "xx" is important to denote cancels. If it's not gonna be "8" for jumps, putting "j." with the period can help readability. Etc.

j = jump or jumping
l = light
m = medium
h = heavy

So jmh is jump, hit the medium button, then hit the heavy button.
Got it, thank you.

Oct 28, 2017
Can someone post the rank order for the skill indicator colors again? I can't seem to find it anywhere.
White for when you haven't played enough for the game to decide. From that, from low to high it goes dark green, light green, yellow, orange, and pink. It may go lower than dark green, other ASW games have blue below it, but I haven't run across any yet. It's probably too early for the skill pool to deviate that strongly.

FluxWaveZ

Persona Central
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
White for when you haven't played enough for the game to decide. From that, from low to high it goes dark green, light green, yellow, orange, and pink. It may go lower than dark green, other ASW games have blue below it, but I haven't run across any yet. It's probably too early for the skill pool to deviate that strongly.
I've seen blue.

Trace

Oct 25, 2017
Canada
Anyone have any decent BNB videos for Hit/Android 21/Goku Black? Android 21 and Goku Black combos seem similar enough but Hit kinda throws everything out the window.

Durden

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Man, with the way this game's dashes work, I might actually switch from stick to pad. Seems like it would be easier to do instant air dashes on pad. I wore out my hand practicing them tonight on stick. Either that or maybe I should replace my square gate with an octagonal gate that lets me find forward easier.

ffvorax

Oct 27, 2017
I was wondering if I replay the story, the difficulty is harder?
I finished already the 3 arcs... if I start again one of these I do keep my levels and so do the enemies have higher levels? (and I hope better AI)

Deleted member 419

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
So what do you do if you're literally getting annihilated in a corner by a high-level player?

I've never had this issue as bad in any other fighting game. I can hold my own unless I get in the corner, then it feels like I might as well put the controller down.

ElBoxy

Oct 25, 2017
I was trying that last night and my conclusion was that I was terrible at the game and that I might have to stop playing. Happy to know that I'm not alone on having trouble with that combo
Don't let these combos judge your skill at the game. Most of them are difficult for no reason.

Riska

Dec 20, 2017

Man I've been trying to get that down on and off for days -- read this, did the whole thing first time. God damn.

PontyfaxJr

Oct 28, 2017
Ireland
I just made Super Saiyan last night. I don't understand how the game distributes points, I have been getting 3000 points for beating people at Android level but got 15000 points for beating another Frieza Clan player last night.
I don't really care about the points themselves, just confused by the inconsistency.

Also I forgot how angry I get playing fighting games online sometimes, I need to figure out a way to wire my PS4's internet.

Love Machine

Oct 29, 2017
Tokyo, Japan
Full combo notation would be 2m 5m jc jmh assist 214m 2m 5m jc jmh assist 214m 2m 5m jc jlm jc jlm2h 214m m+s jlll into mixup/super etc.

Very helpful. I was gonna start incorporating assists into pressure/combos soon, so it's good to see the timing in writing.

This is great. Best Hit combo video I've seen yet (mainly because they bothered to include notations).

Jimnymebob

Oct 26, 2017
Also I forgot how angry I get playing fighting games online sometimes, I need to figure out a way to wire my PS4's internet.

Yeah, getting a wired connection will help so much, for both you and your opponents.
I get around 3 frames in average (usually fluctuates between 2 and 3), and ignoring the whole online system being screwy, the actual matches are fantastic. I had lots of trouble in both betas, and GG Xrd was never that great for me, but this has been as close to perfect as you can get.

ElBoxy

Oct 25, 2017
One important thing I learned with Hit is to occasionally incorporate the auto combo into your setup.

SnakeyHips

Oct 31, 2017
Wales
One important thing I learned with Hit is to occasionally incorporate the auto combo into your setup.
Yeah Max Dood's combo video shows how a combination of auto and manual combos should be used in order to get the max damage. Auto combos kind of move you closer to your opponent more than manual combos in order to ensure the auto combo hits which can be used for your advantage.

OP
OP
donkey

donkey

Sumo Digital Dev
Verified
Oct 24, 2017
So close to unlocking 21. Not even sure I'll play her but I need to fill that hole.
1hQDpxk.gif

Lifejumper

Oct 25, 2017
I like the character moments and cutscenes in the story. Everything else tho...

Hope they do better in the sequel :)

Status
Not open for further replies.