Phellps

Oct 25, 2017
PREVIEWS

VG247

www.vg247.com

Dragon Age: The Veilguard is so much more than you think it is, and it channels BioWare’s best

Leaning on companions? Borrowing from the structure of Mass Effect 2 and 3? References to Final Fantasy 10 and 12 for RPG systems? Pinch me.

GameSpot
Text
www.gamespot.com

Dragon Age: The Veilguard Feels Like BioWare At Its Most Confident

Six hours with BioWare's next Dragon Age leave an encouraging indication that fans are in for a treat.

Video

- YouTube

Enjoy the videos and music you love, upload original content, and share it all with friends, family, and the world on YouTube.

IGN
Text
www.ign.com

Dragon Age: The Veilguard Preview: BioWare Finally Nails The Character Creator I’ve Always Wanted - IGN

Even after hours of gameplay, we still felt like we could have played for many hours more.

Video

- YouTube

Enjoy the videos and music you love, upload original content, and share it all with friends, family, and the world on YouTube.

Eurogamer
Text
www.eurogamer.net

After playing it all day, Dragon Age: The Veilguard feels like the series' Mass Effect 2 moment

There's a BioWare game I keep coming back to when I think about the several hours I spent playing Dragon Age: The Veilg…

Video

- YouTube

PCGamer
www.pcgamer.com

Playing 6 hours of Dragon Age: The Veilguard gave me the faith its trailers couldn't: This is the BioWare comeback fans want

Dragon Age: The Veilguard won me over with its combat and polish, even if the story won't stop holding my hand.

GamesRadar
www.gamesradar.com

I spent nearly 7 hours playing Dragon Age: The Veilguard and would like to spend 100 more in this RPG right now, thank you very much

Hands-on preview | It's been a long time coming, but Dragon Age: The Veilguard feels like it's worth the wait

Easy Allies

- YouTube

WCCFTech
Preview
wccftech.com

Dragon Age: The Veilguard Hands-On Preview - Rook Takes Queen, Checkmate

Bioware recently invited Wccftech out to their California campus at Electronic Arts to get an early hands-on with Dragon Age: The Veilguard.

Q&A
wccftech.com

Dragon Age: The Veilguard Exclusive Q&A - 'No Side Quest Exists Without Contributing to the Narrative'

We recently interviewed two members of BioWare's development team to discuss Dragon Age: The Veilguard, out next month.

Q&A Part 2
wccftech.com

Dragon Age: The Veilguard Roundtable Q&A - 'The Conclusion to this Game Needs to Matter'

Here's the full roundtable Q&A with BioWare's Corinne Busche and John Epler, answering all things Dragon Age: The Veilguard at the preview.

CNET
www.cnet.com

Playing Dragon Age: The Veilguard Made It My Most Anticipated Game of 2024

With spectacular visuals and incredible combat, I cannot wait for Veilguard to launch on Oct. 31.

GameRant

Gizmodo
gizmodo.com

Dragon Age: The Veilguard Is Ready to Bring You Back

io9 spent five hours playing BioWare's long-awaited action-RPG, and it shows a lot of promise ahead of its late October launch.

Polygon
www.polygon.com

Dragon Age: The Veilguard’s press preview gave me the reassurance I was looking for

We sat down for more than 6 hours of upcoming single-player RPG Dragon Age: The Veilguard, and the Inquisition sequel looked like BioWare at its best.

TheGamer

PCGamesN
www.pcgamesn.com

After playing seven hours, Dragon Age The Veilguard isn’t worth a decade of hype

Dragon Age The Veilguard brings Thedas to life in ways its predecessors could only dream of, but its combat and exploration are a letdown.

Kotaku
kotaku.com

Seven Hours With Dragon Age: The Veilguard: Has BioWare Learned The Right Lessons?

The decade since Inquisition has taught BioWare a lot about its past and future

Noisy Pixel
noisypixel.net

Dragon Age: The Veilguard Hands-On Preview: BioWare's Epic RPG Revival

Dragon Age: The Veilguard brings BioWare back to RPG greatness with a refined combat system, compelling characters, and a focused mission-based structure. Set after Inquisition, players follow Rook through a journey filled with mythic betrayals and epic battles. Releasing on October 31, 2024...

Collider

GamingTrend
gamingtrend.com

Dragon Age: The Veilguard final hands-on preview -- A return to form, a return to Thedas

It’s hard to know where to start for a preview for a game as big as Dragon Age: The Veilguard, as even with nearly 8 hours of gameplay, I feel like I’m just scratching the surface. We recently headed out to Electronic Arts for an opportunity to try to do just that. Like any good […]

Gameshub
www.gameshub.com

Dragon Age: The Veilguard Preview - Better than we imagined

Dragon Age: The Veilguard has a steep hill of expectations to climb after ten long years. Thankfully, it's well equipped for the trek.

Inverse
www.inverse.com

Ten Years After Inquisition, 'Veilguard' Is the Radical Change Dragon Age Needed

'Dragon Age: The Veilguard' feels drastically different from the rest of the series, transforming it into a new beast entirely. But that might be a good thing.

Destructoid

MMORPG.com
www.mmorpg.com

Dragon Age: The Veilguard Preview - BioWare's Latest Has Game of the Year Written All Over It | MMORPG.com

Dragon Age: The Veilguard is just a few weeks away. Will it live up to the hype? Find out in our comprehensive preview.

Fextralife

- YouTube

IMPRESSIONS OVERVIEW (Thanks MadLaughter)

SourceQuote
Polygon (Susana Polo)"Mythal'enaste, I think those crazy fuckers might just have done it. [...] Either way, to my personal relief, I'm really looking forward to finding out."
VG247 (Alex Donaldson)"Combat feels good - the Rogue is ridiculous. The RPG systems have surprising depth. The entire game is just giving more than I expected."
Gamespot (Tamoor Hussain)"I came away from my hands-on with Dragon Age: The Veilguard desperate to play more; thinking to myself, "BioWare might be back.""
IGN (Alyssa Mora)"I'm optimistic about The Veilguard and excited for it in a way I haven't quite felt about another game in quite some time."
PC Gamer (Lauren Morton)"I believe The Veilguard is going to be a great return to the world I've loved for 15 years."
GamesRadar (Rollin Bishop)"Roughly seven hours with Dragon Age: The Veilguard [...] has calmed whatever fears I had, and I suspect it'll do the same for anyone else in a similar boat at full release."
Easy Allies (Daniel Bloodworth)"They SHOULD be confident. This game right now, is running really well, it plays really well, it looks very good. [...] Everyone I talked to loved it."
Kotaku (Kenneth Shephard)"The Veilguard feels both like a calculated return to familiar territory and a bold declaration of what the studio should have been making these past 10 years."
CNET (Sean Booker)"I've only put a handful of hours into the past Dragon Age titles,but after jumping through several sections [...] it's become my most anticipated release of fall 2024."
GameRant (Joshua Duckworth)"After this preview, I bought a Steam Deck for Dragon Age: The Veilguard. I don't know what else to tell you. That's my final thought leaving the event: I can't wait to play and I don't want to stop playing the next time I can get my hands on it."
Sports Illustrated(?) (Ryan Woodrow)"I still have some questions about how the characters develop [...], along with the overall pacing of the game, but with excellent combat and a lot of narrative intrigue, I'm more excited than ever to get my hands on the full game"
Inverse (Hayes Madsen)"Nearly any worries or reservations I've had have vanished. This is a good old BioWare RPG that clearly has a unique vision, and has committed to it completely."
Gameshub (Steph Panecasio)"I kept coming back to the same verdict: Dragon Age: The Veilguard seems incredibly strong. Extremely strong. After ten years of waiting, it feels like fans are about to get a solid reward for their patience"
Collider (Maggie Lovitt)"Even after spending a meager six hours with only a handful of the companions in my party, it's safe to say that Veilguard has gone above and beyond by delivering memorable characters with deliciously messy backstories."
CGMagazine (Dayna Eileen)"Dragon Age: The Veilguard is, and you can quote me, EVERYTHING I have been waiting for over the last decade." Right now, there is no doubt in my mind that [it] will be a contender for Game of the Year."
Destructoid (Eric Van Allen)"Dragon Age: The Veilguard is real, and plays like a BioWare back in form, in a way we haven't seen in quite some time."
GamingTrend (Ron Burke)"From the excellent graphics, the fantastic new combat systems, and a return to writing form, it seems like Dragon Age: The Veilguard is firing on all cylinders."
Gizmodo (Justin Carter)"BioWare's newest title is very self-assured, and it might have the goods it thinks it does."
Paste (Kate Sánchez)"To put it simply, [DATV] feels like a game that has been in development for 10 years, and I mean that in the most complimentary way."
Digital Trends (George Yang)"If the first four hours are indicative of the entire journey, the result should hopefully be an RPG that looks as good as it feels."
MMORPG.com (Steven Weber)"Considering how well received Inquisition was 10 years ago, and the fact that Veilguard surpasses it in nearly every way, it only stands to reason that [DATV] not only lives up to the hype, but will be a serious contender for Game of the Year."
Noisy Pixel (Colin Buchanan)" So, is [DATV] the game that's going to restore this venerated team to its former glory? Based on the seven or so hours I've gotten to play so far, I think so."
But Why Tho (Eddie De Santiago)"I have never been so immediately hooked as I was on Dragon Age: The Veilguard."
Eurogamer (Robert Purchese)"As a cinematic action game, [DATV] roars with quality, and as a role-playing game it provides a welcome refreshment to the density of Baldur's Gate 3 [...]. Based on what I've played, I've absolutely no doubt [it] will be an enjoyable ride. My only concern is how much of a memorable one it will be."
GamePressure (Mike Manka)"I don't feel that Veilguard will be a breakthrough game, nor will it probably be the best game in Bioware's history. Despite this, it became a must-have point for me in October shopping list,"
TheGamer (Eric Switzer)"Ultimately my takeaway is that seven hours wasn't nearly enough to get a full sense of The Veilguard."
PCGamesN (Lauren Bergin)"If your aim is to play through the story and romance your favorite Dragon Age: The Veilguard companions, then I think you'll walk away satisfied. As someone who's waited a decade, however, my expectations are now muted."

Last edited:

CloseTalker

Oct 25, 2017
Fingers crossed! Other than AC Shadows this is probably my most anticipated game for the rest of the year

Also, I'm not going to spoiler tag information that's in previews. If people care about not being spoiled from preview information, why would they be in a preview thread

Last edited:

Mifec

Oct 25, 2017
Did you run this by the mods? Because requiring ANY amount of spoiler tagging in a thread where you'll collate info from all the public previews is just counter productive to how forums run. If you wanted no spoilers you could have made a separate spoiler free thread. Should have done that instead of color coded presentation you put up there.

OP
OP
Phellps

Phellps

Oct 25, 2017
Did you run this by the mods? Because requiring ANY amount of spoiler tagging in a thread where you'll collate info from all the public previews is just counter productive to how forums run. If you wanted no spoilers you could have made a separate spoiler free thread. Should have done that instead of color coded presentation you put up there.
You're free to create an open spoilers thread for those who don't care about it? I didn't make one because I'm not willing to take care of a thread of open spoilers. That simple.

I only did this out of growing concern in the Dragon Age Community thread, I don't see how this is a bad thing.

Fuchsia

Oct 28, 2017
I really want this to be a win for BioWare. Hope previews are positive and build excitement. Looks like there's a lot of love that went into this game.

bitcloudrzr

May 31, 2018
Here's my officially revealed and confirmed character spoiler.

Leliana is best girl.
the-simpsons-simpsons.gif

Mifec

Oct 25, 2017
You're free to create an open spoilers thread for those who don't care about it? I didn't make one because I'm not willing to take care of a thread of open spoilers. That simple.

I only did this out of growing concern in the Dragon Age Community thread, I don't see how this is a bad thing.
Having half of your OP in a thread that's supposed to aggregate previews be taken up by what can and can't be talked about freely is wild and shouldn't have been done for the main previews thread. If you can't see the issue with it then I can't help you, I will however voice my opinion on how ridiculous it is.

Tremendo

Jun 9, 2024
So far most of my doubts have been dispelled; the RPG elements seem robust, its not hyper-linear like Mass Effect 2 and 3, combat seems engaging, etc. Hopefully the previews will continue that trend.

I would like to see more exploration gameplay and NPC interactions, not just with companions. Hopefully its taken a step up from Inquisition in that regard.

Given how much info is about to release however, im quite sure that there will be something "controversial" that the community will latch on to.

Greywaren

Jul 16, 2019
Spain
Not watching this, but I have such high hopes for this game. Everything I've seen and read so far seems super promising and I think I'm going blind until launch.

Kinthey

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
The mass effect comparison doesn't seem too out of line. Two companions, abilities wheel and when you shoot a bow it's straight up third person shooting.

Edit: Damn Eurogamer Preview straight up saying " It doesn't even feel like an RPG anymore" though they like the action focus

Yerffej

Prophet of Regret
Oct 25, 2017
From PC Gamer

"Though it isn't immediately obvious as I work through the training wheels tutorial combat—in which Rook and Varric trek through Minrathous fighting the spirits ransacking the city—I realize quickly after that the combat is fun. Like, 'I'm having a good time playing a warrior and I never play a warrior in a Dragon Age game' kind of fun."

I need to hear this. Inquisition was not fun for me. And I trend towards warrior types in these more action focused games.

theCioro

Jun 16, 2023
RO
Dunno. I'm really not sold on the combat. Like the art style but those useless movements when dodging and the big particle effects distract me from what's happening. Will look at more videos tomorrow though