entremet

You wouldn't toast a NES cartridge
Oct 26, 2017

Very nice. Would love to play this somehow but Nintendo is gating these HD Wii ports to the Chinese market. Heck, release them on Switch, jeez lol.

I loved DKC Returns, but the best version is not available to most people. Oh, Nintendo lol.

Raide

Banned
Oct 31, 2017
Damn that title is an emotional Rollercoaster. Mostly straight down...

BlueManifest

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
I don't understand what kind of deal they have going on, I'm surprised any of these games are coming shield, but nintendo Is allowing it but then they lock it to only China, just doesn't make sense to me

Mugy

Oct 28, 2017
I wonder what its holding back Nintendo for releasing these kinda of titles on Switch. I wouldn't mind a DKCR on the go, even if the only feature is just up scaled resolution

Red

Oct 26, 2017
I wonder what its holding back Nintendo for releasing these kinda of titles on Switch. I wouldn't mind a DKCR on the go, even if the only feature is just up scaled resolution
It must be a contractual thing. Not sure what other reason would keep these from the eShop.

Dark Cloud

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I saw this earlier and refrained from posting it because I'm tired of seeing these games coming to China and friggin Nintendo won't get these games coming to Switch.

Deleted member 3010

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Nintendo loves to sit on Money, I don't get how all those Shield ports aren't carried to Switch, it shouldn't be much of a job since the two things are basically identical in architecture.

Megasoum

Oct 25, 2017
Since this is basically an android version of the game... I'm surprised that those Nintendo games haven't leaked? Or maybe they have? I never looked into that stuff.

OP
OP
entremet

entremet

Oct 26, 2017
They also have Super Mario Galaxy lol.

No motion nonsense is nice.

Deleted member 2145

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
1Vcluto.png

Oct 25, 2017
Coolest part is nvidia using their AI to make new textures for Twilight Princess look nicer.
Really hoping they use this tech when these games eventually make it over.
Not sure what they're waiting for, or if they can use it at all.

aisback

Oct 27, 2017
This is annoying.

I wish we got this over here.

I also want galaxy too.

Come on Nintendo

TAKE MY MONEY

OP
OP
entremet

entremet

Oct 26, 2017
Coolest part is nvidia using their AI to make new textures for Twilight Princess look nicer.
Really hoping they use this tech when these games eventually make it over.
Not sure what they're waiting for, or if they can use it at all.
I wonder what's the difference between that and the Wii U version.

or you could import one...

or... does Dolphin work on the Nvidia Shield?

I have no issue with emulation, but I'd rather have those on official Nintendo hardware. The Shield is basically a Switch. The have the same guts. Very strange we're still stuck with goddamn NES roms as the retro strategy for the Switch.

logash

Oct 27, 2017
They are gonna have such a great prebuilt GC/Wii library when they bring these to Switch... They are gonna eventually bring these to Switch right... Right!?

Oct 25, 2017
I don't get people saying Nintendo should launch these games on Switch when we know it's Nvidia porting to their platform. Also, even if some of the components are equal, that doesn't mean the games would "just run" on Switch. Nintendo probably made a deal with Nvidia to raise awareness of their IP in China or Nvidia wanted the rights to ports these Wii games to their Shield platform in exchange for some deal in the Tegra chips. Who knows. Doubt Nintendo has the rights to take Nvidia ports and launch on Switch and also think that if they launched these games on Switch, they wouldn't be budget releases but rather $60 HD remastered aka Twilight Princess HD.

Nere

Dec 8, 2017
Meanwhile we are still getting shitty NES games instead of VC, fuck Nintendo.

Joqu

Oct 25, 2017
The Waffle Kingdom
This one probably looks nicer, but doesn't have QoL improvements.

Hm, does it? The Wii U version added stuff like Ambient Occlusion and its textures were recreated manually. The AI results are impressive but I'd still expect that the manual approach made for the superior result.

I love this stuff tho. Really disappointing that they haven't done anything with this outside of China.

Secretofmateria

User requested ban
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Seriously, these ports piss me off so much because of their utter disinterest in releasing these ports outside of china and on THEIR OWN HAND HELD... like its baffling. Its like nintendo just doesnt want your money

Nere

Dec 8, 2017
I love how people are saying "It's not Nintendo porting those games, it's Nvidia". Yeah Nintendo has nothing to do with those games, it's not like they are their own IPs and games. If Nintendo cared they could port them to the Switch too, this "it's Nvidia porting them not Nintendo" is bullshit, especially since we know how protective of their games Nintendo is.

OP
OP
entremet

entremet

Oct 26, 2017
I do wonder if Nintendo thinks these Wii games would cannibalize their Switch releases, which sell at full price.

You have mainline Zelda, Mario both 2D and 3D, Mario Kart, and a DK game. All of those have Switch equivalents.

I love how people are saying "It's not Nintendo porting those games, it's Nvidia". Yeah Nintendo has nothing to do with those games, it's not like they are their own IPs and games. If Nintendo cared they could port them to the Switch too, this "it's Nvidia porting them not Nintendo" is bullshit, especially since we know how protective of their games Nintendo is.

Yah, weird argument. Nintendo fully owns the rights to these games lol. They can do whatever they want. They may not be able to use to Nvidia ports as is.

But they can port these games themselves or hire a studio to do it.

Nintendo is extremely protective of their IP--look at how they go after fan projects and ROM sites. To say Nvidia is preventing them from porting these games to the Switch is silly.