steejee

Oct 28, 2017
Worst fucking timeline.

Also...how the hell does someone clip an ear at that distance? You'd need to be at a very specific angle and location to do that. Like what the hell.

BossAttack

Oct 27, 2017
Everybody rushing (and I mean rushing) to say "it's over" "he won" "...FUCK"

...I dunno. I just can't imagine going through life like that.

I'm out until we get further news developments.

It's not doom posting, it's simply a logical conclusion based on what just occurred. Unless the news development is Trump dropping out of the race due to his injuries, this can only improve his chances of winning. Who shot him no longer matters. You think Trump would stick to the actual facts of whoever shot him? No, he's going to claim it was the Left. And every time Biden makes a gaffe, he can point to himself as a gunshot survivor looking "fitter" than senile, old Biden. He can also use the event to further absolve himself of January 6th, "you think my side is violent? Your side tried to kill me."

It's not an automatic landslide victory, but today only improves his chances of winning.

Last edited:

sersteven

Oct 25, 2017
Philadelphia
People need to take a deep breath.

This is both shocking and certainly a galvanizing political moment. It will take time to see the aftermath of an event like this. A former president being shot is a historic event. Just wild. We live in scary times, and we'll need to see how this drives the country forward. People saying this won't have any effect, or conversely will single-handedly win him the election, both need to collect themselves, but I also don't blame anyone for having a knee-jerk emotional reaction in a situation like this.

Just shocking.

OrangeNova

Oct 30, 2017
Canada
Biden's trying to convince people he can stay awake and even survive another term meanwhile trump now has this photo of him surviving an assassination attempt.
It's wild how much this narrative has poured into leftist spaces, watching from outside of the US, and don't get me wrong it's seeped up here too... But yeah, he's old, but people are constantly just taking out of context clips, and any moment he mis-speaks to be like "He's done."

ramoisdead

Oct 25, 2017
I don't know why these people at the rally were panicking. It must have been one of those good guys with a gun.

Nepenthe

When the music hits, you feel no pain.
Administrator
Oct 25, 2017
This is the last news I expected to read today.

May 24, 2021
What I'm worried about are the people behind him. Must have come from an angle to his left or right. Either that or everyone directly behind him are crazy lucky.

Musubi

Unshakable Resolve - Prophet of Truth
Oct 25, 2017
"The Democrats tried to kill Trump but God saved him because he is the only one doing the right thing. The Democrats know they can't win without cheating so they result to trying to kill him instead. This is the future Democrats want, to kill us because we don't believe in their woke views."

That was going to happen anyway. This doesn't change their playbook.

Matush

Oct 25, 2017
Slovakia
If this won't win him the election, I'm not sure what else does. This is very similar situation at what happened in my country couple months back with attempted assassination on our PM.

Praxis

Sausage Tycoon
Oct 25, 2017
UK
Fucking hell

Also, those secret service guys have balls of steel, putting yourself in the way of the bullets without hesitation.

Oct 27, 2017
Dont get why people think this wont change anything. That pure Cope. Knowing the state of American politics and the mentality of right wingers this could really galvanise even right leaning moderates. Doesnt help Biden shouldnt be up on the big stage. You cant deny this is bad omen. Its not "doomerism" to be worried abotu Trump's election chances getting even better. You couldnt write a better script for him after Biden's terrible week.
Sure... this is all true.

But its 4 months to the election yet.

4. Months.

So much more crazy shit can happen between now and then- hell, neither Biden or Trump are even their parties' official nominees yet!

BarcaTheGreat

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
He keeps yelling fight while bloodied.. This shit will be used to escalate issues not like we have seen before. This is very scary

Henry Jones Jr

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
I would like to think this might change some minds on guns and how maybe we should do something to control them but… Lol

El Bombastico

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
That's what I told my wife, it don't matter what happened. Biden is probably going to get shot at now.

My whole thing is, if those were gun shots. Wouldn't people have been running for their lives?

I asked my friend that just now. He said most people don't actually recognize the sound of gunshots, especially smaller guns. They don't sound at all like what they do in movies.

Avitus

Oct 25, 2017
Sure... this is all true.

But its 4 months to the election yet.

4. Months.

So much more crazy shit can happen between now and then- hell, neither Biden or Trump are even their parties' official nominees yet!

One is a convicted felon and it doesn't even appear to matter. Trump will coast to a win off this while the media devours the weak Biden narrative.

ryan13ts

Oct 28, 2017
I don't understand all the posts saying he won. Are you suddenly going to vote for Trump?

Amazing how quickly liberals give up

No one is giving up, but if you think this isn't going to benefit him GREATLY (Especially now that he has a picture to wave around to project strength after an assassination attempt), you're beyond naive.

The idiot who did this basically turned him into a living martyr, and things were already dim before this.

tmac456

May 27, 2020
Extremely ridiculous to definitively say whether or not this will play a role in the election. If this was a legit assassination attempt like it appears to be, it could be dragged out for months in his campaign. The timing of this with the Dems starting to turn on Biden couldn't be any worse.

Boondocks

Nov 30, 2020
NE Georgia USA
Donald Trump's campaign said in a statement that he was "fine" after being whisked off the stage at a rally in Butler, Pennsylvania after apparent gunshots rang through the crowd.

"President Trump thanks law enforcement and first responders for their quick action during this heinous act," spokesman Steven Cheung said in a statement. "He is fine and is being checked out at a local medical facility. More details will follow."

The former president and presumptive Republican nominee was showing off a chart of border crossing numbers during his last rally before the Republican National Convention opens Monday when bangs started ringing through the crowd. Trump could be seen reaching with his right hand toward his neck. There appeared to be blood on his face.

He quickly ducked behind the riser as agents from his protective detail rushed the stage and screams were heard in the crowd of several thousand people. The bangs continued as agents tended to him on stage.

The crowd cheered as he got back up and pumped his fist.

His motorcade has since left the venue. His condition was not immediately known.

AP News

Fuchs

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Please everyone enlighten me, why this means that he'll win the presidency. No democrat will suddenly change their vote because of this.

Get your shit together and just mobilise everyone you know to go to the polls.