Slayven

Never read a comic in his life
Oct 25, 2017

Seems his only direction for Jupiter Ascending was to randomly adjust the volume on his voice

nonoriri

Apr 30, 2020
Jupiter Ascending is the only film I find him tolerable in, actually. And yeah, you're right, Danish Girl isn't great.

Oct 27, 2017
I'm assuming you mean "show" not "so"?
And yeah, but that's always been the case though. That's Michael Fassbender's career...

Eidan

AVALANCHE
Avenger
Oct 30, 2017
Yes. Most of the big name actors you're familiar with are objectively good actors. But the quality of their performance can very dramatically due to the script, the character, and the direction they're given.

HStallion

Oct 25, 2017
Unless you're Nic Cage that is. He eats bad scripts and directors for breakfast then puts on an Oscar worthy performance by lunch.

boxter432

The Fallen
Oct 28, 2017
coH4mlP.png

CloudWolf

Oct 26, 2017
Jupiter Ascending is a much better film than The Danish Girl though.

The Danish Girl is like really, really bad and offensive. Jupiter Ascending is just bad, but in a fun way.

FTF

Oct 28, 2017
New York
It really does. See Mark Wahlberg in Boogie Nights, The Fighter or The Departed vs The Happening or a Transformers movie, etc.

CloudWolf

Oct 26, 2017
Also, the Wachowskis are leagues ahead of fucking Tom Hooper.

It's kinda offensive that you're calling the Wachowskis bad compared to Mr. Cats.

gforguava

Oct 25, 2017
His performance in Jupiter Ascending is fantastic, one of his best even, and certainly better than what he won the Oscar for.

John Dunbar

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
he won an oscar when the academy decided it was all the rage to give statues to cis actors playing trans characters.

edit; oh wait, he was only nominated for the danish girl i think. won for theory of everything. neither was good though.

Deleted member 8579

Oct 26, 2017
Unless you're Nic Cage that is. He eats bad scripts and directors for breakfast then puts on an Oscar worthy performance by lunch.

Does he still take Oscar worthy, hate that but notable gigs or does he turn down directors a lot doing lots of other stuff? Not everything he does is bad but I'm surprised he hasn't worked with more big names more often in recent years.