Amalthea

Dec 22, 2017
I bet she does it solely to spite the original cast. Hope it bombs spectacularly
From what I've gathered that was WB's Zaslavs idea because he seems to think the road to success is to simply repeat everything that was popular 20 years ago and that he had to personally visit her multiple times because she was too busy with 'other things'.

andymoogle

Oct 27, 2017
Hell yeah. Tennant being awesome as usual. It's so important that a beloved actor stands up against those fuckers.

Kagari

潜在能力解放
Oct 24, 2017
Very disappointed in the Succession alumni jumping on board Joanne's HBO reputation makeover (and HBO obviously...) in contrast to this.
Shame on them for signing on and platforming a dangerous transphobe whose behavior is anything but just 'an online conversation'. There's no way they didn't know at this point with all the mainstream news coverage this year.

Sheev

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
UK
Shame on them for signing on and platforming a dangerous transphobe whose behavior is anything but just 'an online conversation'. There's no way they didn't know at this point with all the mainstream news coverage this year.
Looking forward to seeing all the actors whose work I can safely ignore when the casting starts.

Sadire

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 31, 2017
Tennant is a great guy, never had any doubts.

Boiling some bigot piss is pretty nice as a bonus. Fuck Rishi and fuck Rowling.

ChrisP8Three

Oct 26, 2017
Leeds
doctor-who.gif
Why was this 24 posts in?

Best Doctor proving why he's the best again!

I mean honestly the 'spin' the Torries are trying to put on this is absolutely ridiculous, but it changes nothing. People with more than two brain cells to rub together agree with him, and their base supporters get the soundbite they want

Wish they would all just F right off back in the holes they all used to hide in before it became okay to publicly be a biggot

aloner

Jun 30, 2021
Australia
Interesting to see how Mark Mylod can go from Succession to The Last Of Us S2 to… this - im guessing HBO were desperate for Succession people to be all over this to lend it credibility and backed up the cash truck

Naijaboy

The Fallen
Mar 13, 2018
Drawing irk from those two assholes is a win in my books.

Doctor Who is blessed to have so many good people take the role as The Doctor.

Spagward

Apr 24, 2024
Capaldi is great as well

View: https://x.com/BollockFaceOn/status/1729933067090063815

www.thenational.scot

Scots legend urges politicians to be ‘bold and brave’ with climate crisis

VOTERS in blue wall areas across the UK ‘overwhelmingly’ support climate and nature policies, a survey conducted on behalf of Greenpeace has…

Conservative Who fans are hilarious. Recently they're surprised RTD, a man who laid out that future human society has insanely fluid sexuality, is willing to have gay, non-white, and trans rep on the show. I honestly think they're more delusional than conservative Trek fans.

Coldman

Oct 25, 2017
I think between McCoy, Tennant, Capaldi and Gatwa, only Scots should be allowed to play the Doctor now

Doctor_Thomas

Oct 27, 2017
Doctor Who is blessed to have so many good people take the role as The Doctor.
I think the nature of the character, especially in the modern era (which I am familiar with), requires compassion, understanding and, ultimately, respect for other people.

It's acting, of course, but it's a role that represents so much to so many people and it needs the right people.

PlanetSmasher

The Abominable Showman
Oct 25, 2017

Honestly the fact that even the old Doctors are lining up to back Tennant and speak in favor of human rights is really inspiring. I always have this little nagging fear that someone like Baker (either of them) or McCoy could just not get it, but so far to my knowledge none of them have really put their foot in their mouths about this subject, which is a relief.

Kagari

潜在能力解放
Oct 24, 2017
Interesting to see how Mark Mylod can go from Succession to The Last Of Us S2 to… this - im guessing HBO were desperate for Succession people to be all over this to lend it credibility and backed up the cash truck
No doubt about that, it feels desperate. Hope they're ready for the shit show they're walking into since Joanne is there as Executive Producer.

The Unsent

Oct 25, 2017
Honestly the fact that even the old Doctors are lining up to back Tennant and speak in favor of human rights is really inspiring. I always have this little nagging fear that someone like Baker (either of them) or McCoy could just not get it, but so far to my knowledge none of them have really put their foot in their mouths about this subject, which is a relief.
Unfortunately, Peter Davison was concern trolling about women playing the Doctor.

CosmiKu

Jul 9, 2023
Badenoch is rancid. So is Sunak. And especially Rowling. Fuck the lot of 'em.

A shame there's no mainstream political party speaking up for our trans friends, so it has to fall on other mainstream figures like Tennant.

Jakenbakin

"This guy are sick" and Corrupted by Vengeance
Jun 17, 2018
Someone should call Rowling a fucking WAAAAHmbulance. Cry more fucking loser.

The Unsent

Oct 25, 2017
Didn't he get a talking-to about that and recant that statement?
In a recent interview with the Telegraph, he still tried to explain his position, comparing the Doctor to Don Quixote and questioning the changed dynamic, but he should let that position go. Women should be allowed to be cast as the Doctor without people cross-examining it

Volimar

volunteer forum janitor
Oct 25, 2017
In a recent interview with the Telegraph, he still tried to explain his position, comparing the Doctor to Don Quixote, but he should let that position go. Women should be allowed to be cast as the Doctor without people cross-examining it

A female led Don Quixote could be amazing.

LV-0504

Oct 6, 2022
Conservative Who fans are hilarious. Recently they're surprised RTD, a man who laid out that future human society has insanely fluid sexuality, is willing to have gay, non-white, and trans rep on the show. I honestly think they're more delusional than conservative Trek fans.
Conservative Star Trek fans are a thing? How? It's possibly the most liberal tv series ever.

PlanetSmasher

The Abominable Showman
Oct 25, 2017
Conservative Star Trek fans are a thing? How? It's possibly the most liberal tv series ever.

"Cool spaceship"
"You realize this entire series is about politics and economics and finding ways to work together towards a brighter future for all, right?"
"Nope. Cool spaceship. I wanna be a captain."

Shatner himself doesn't even fucking get it.

LV-0504

Oct 6, 2022
"Cool spaceship"
"You realize this entire series is about politics and economics and finding ways to work together towards a brighter future for all, right?"
"Nope. Cool spaceship. I wanna be a captain."

Shatner himself doesn't even fucking get it.
Yea, Shatners been a lost cause for decades, he never should have lived this long.

Katbobo

May 3, 2022

My dad literally said to me last year "I stopped watching Star Trek once it got too political" since he used to watch the original series and TNG when he was younger.

Star Trek has literally always worn its politics on its sleeve, it's not the one who changed here.

LV-0504

Oct 6, 2022
My dad literally said to me last year "I stopped watching Star Trek once it got too political" since he used to watch the original series and TNG when he was younger.

Star Trek has literally always worn its politics on its sleeve, it's not the one who changed here.
I remember as a child my older brother explaining to me why men would sometimes wear women's clothes after I saw it in one of the first TNG episodes and asked him about it. They were basically championing trans rights back in the late 80's.

Sheev

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
UK

The general public as a whole is severely lacking in media literacy, I find. Even if it's staring them right in the face. Hell, look at how chuds worship characters like Homelander and Patrick Bateman who are clearly presented as completely irredeemable pieces of shit in their respective media.

Alpheus

Oct 25, 2017
Yea it's awesome to see.

Maledict

Oct 25, 2017

The best and brightest of humanity join the military, where they are the most morally pure and righteous in the world - and in conflict with a bunch of thinly disguised racial stereotypes in the original series. They are constantly held back by bureaucrats and meddling desk jockeys in command who don't understand the reality of life, and they should be free to make life and death decisions themselves because they're always in the right.

Trek can be read as a conservative show. It's effectively the same as those novels about 18th and 19th century wooden warships, transplanted into space, in many ways.

There's a reason so many Trek "fans" were disgusted with Discovery when it had a black woman lead and gay people actually existed.

lokiduck

The Fallen
Mar 27, 2019
Washington
Tennant continues to be fantastic.
Most people in here probably already know this, but he often wears a Trans flag Tardis badge in media appearances too. (You can buy one here if you want, the profits go to charity, the person who makes them also has a ton of other really good and nerdy LGBT badges)
Doctor-Who-David-Tennant-Trans-TARDIS-badge.jpg

View: https://twitter.com/JamieBGall/status/1727798919789224404
He also wears a few different pro-trans t-shirts quite often in media appearances too.
F0vsqSsWcAAMoW-.jpg

He just seems like a generally good guy.

Thanks for posting the link, I def plan to get a bi tardis and am now debating their Star Trek ones D: they all look so cool

Lashley

<<Tag Here>>
Oct 25, 2017
Always loved tennant.

Funny how dumb fucks like rishi and Joanne spout free speech until its about them and their hateful ilk.