Ug9kzv6.jpg

── MCU 28 ──

FR​
UK​
US​
May 4​
May 5​
May 6​

In Doctor Strange in the Multiverse of Madness, the MCU unlocks the Multiverse and pushes its boundaries further than ever before. Journey into the unknown with Doctor Strange, who, with the help of mystical allies both old and new, traverses the mind-bending and dangerous alternate realities of the Multiverse to confront a mysterious new adversary.

── Cast & Crew ──
Director​
Writer​
Producer​
Composer​
Sam Raimi​
Michael Waldron​
Kevin Feige​
Danny Elfman​

Actor​
Character​
Benedict CumberbatchDr. Stephen Strange
Elizabeth OlsenWanda Maximoff / Scarlet Witch
Chiwetel EjioforKarl Mordo
Benedict WongWong
Xochitl GomezAmerica Chavez
Michael StuhlbargNicodemus West
Rachel McAdamsChristine Palmer
Topo WresniwiroHamir
Mark Anthony BrightonDaniel Drumm
Patrick StewartThe Poop Emoji
Julian HilliardBilly Maximoff
Jett KlyneTommy Maximoff

iXhpmzX.jpg
L3jmoFX.jpg
5IgLmnn.jpg

Ld07tMz.jpg
KtgGGYL.jpg
OcZ46Yp.jpg

ceOzOoL.jpg
mqTlnjG.jpg
ehI1Gl6.jpg

── Reviews ──
79% (140 reviews)​
62 (47 reviews)​

Last edited:

RedHeat

Oct 25, 2017
Unfortunately it's media and discussion blackout for me for a few more weeks because I feel like this movie is gonna draw a lot of toxic bullshite from different groups, but I'm interested to talk about it when the time is right.

Feb 16, 2022
This is the first MCU movie that doesn't come out on a Wednesday in my country since the first Avengers. A bit bummed, since it coming out on May 5 means I can't go since where I work, twin dates(5.5, 6.6, etc.) are always the busiest days of the year.

Catching a Friday afternoon viewing instead. Hopefully I don't lose my mind waiting for a whole day.

I saw what's been happening to Xochitl Gomez on her social media accounts. It's really, devastatingly awful that she has to go through that. Not just the usual bigots, but also droves of toxic fans blaming her for the movie being banned in their countries.

Wrexis

Nov 4, 2017
Great OT.

I'd legitimately hang that poster in my den as I think it's one of the MCU's best - with the exception of the horribly photoshopped America Chavez.

Lukar

Unshakable Resolve - Prophet of Truth
Oct 27, 2017
Jesus Christ I didn't realize it was coming so soon. This somehow snuck up on me. And I still haven't caught up on... literally anything in phase four except for WandaVision. 😫

EDIT: Or No Way Home, which I somehow forgot I saw, lol

Last edited:

Milennia

Prophet of Truth - Community Resetter
Oct 25, 2017
Seeing it on the 6th

Last edited:

KtotheRoc

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
From a throwaway joke in Spider-Man 2 to actually directing a Dr. Strange movie.

What a wild ride it has been for Sam Raimi.

Ashes of Dreams

Fallen Guardian of Unshakable Resolve
May 22, 2020
Wandavision made Scarlet Witch one of my favorite MCU characters. I'm really excited to see where this goes. Still not doing theaters so I'll be waiting for whatever digital release it gets first but... hope it turns out good.

Cross

Oct 25, 2017
I hope Raimi stays and directs Doctor Strange 3 with Nightmare as the villain, seems like the perfect character for Raimi's style.

Lukar

Unshakable Resolve - Prophet of Truth
Oct 27, 2017
So what is most likely going to be recommended viewing prior to watching this? WandaVision, Loki, What If, and No Way Home? What about Shang-Chi and Eternals? Trying to figure out what I should prioritize in the next week.

B.K.

Oct 31, 2017
So what is most likely going to be recommended viewing prior to watching this? WandaVision, Loki, What If, and No Way Home? What about Shang-Chi and Eternals? Trying to figure out what I should prioritize in the next week.

Also, all
the Fox X-Men movies. All of them!

OP
OP
ZeoVGM

ZeoVGM

Oct 25, 2017
Providence, RI

Taking some notes for future OTs I'm making. Nice job btw!

Thanks!

Wait...no early embargo for this? Or critics twitter reaction?

They're being secretive with this one. Social embargo lifts after the world premiere on Monday night. The review embargo lifts the next morning, May 3 at 6 AM PT.

Zookfoodle

Oct 25, 2017
I couldn't get a wednesday showing in the US, but snagged my tickets for Thursday after work. Can't wait for the guy who voiced the poop emoji!

GambitPool

Nov 27, 2020
Wooo. I'm doing the same as I did for No Way Home. The very first showing on the first day in Korea. The power of being one of the first (regarding release date) to see a big, surprise filled film is intoxicating!

Cuburger

Oct 28, 2017
I'm excited, but I can't lie, the amount of leaks (actual leaks and stuff that may be made up) has made me exhausted, especially with the amount of leaks we got with NWH and Eternals that ended up being true. This is more exhausting for me than NWH, if you can believe that, because most of the NWH leaks weren't even that much of a surprise.

I just hope this turns out good.

Oct 30, 2017
Your Imagination
In for this thread! I have my BFI IMAX tickets booked for first thing Thursday morning; I told work that I have a hospital appointment….technically, I am going to see a Doctor…

I think I might have to avoid visiting ERA after Monday, I just know some rando member is going to post some spoilery thread title before Thursday that I'll see and/or have no fortitude to avoid clicking-into.

With NWH, I pretty much knew every beat and how it was going to happen before I walked into the cinema, but this time, there are only a few tidbits and rumours that I am aware of, or totally in the dark about like everyone else, for example when it comes to characters or castings.

Watchtower

Oct 27, 2017
Dangit didn't realize the OT name was already set.

Would've gone with "MCU Everywhere All At Once" personally. 😂

Pastel Melon

Jan 2, 2020
Germany
Once the film releases in the UK on May 5, this becomes an open spoiler zone. Spoiler tags will not be necessary.

Dumb question but why not make it the 6th since it will release there in US? I'd say a good portion of the users in here come from the US (I do not) .

Not really critisism but I found it odd to not take the "latest" date from the 3 you put in OP.

Khanimus

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Greater Vancouver