Do you want to see more of younger, post RotJ Luke?

• Yes

Votes: 74 43.3%
  • No

Votes: 97 56.7%

• Total voters

SolVanderlyn

I love pineapple on pizza!
Oct 28, 2017
Earth, 21st Century
Old Master Luke is a different character, in my opinion, than the budding master he is in the years following RotJ. And not because I'm one of those who refuse to accept what happened in The Last Jedi or whatever - he has simply developed enough to function as a different character by that point, much like Child Anakin in Episode I as compared to Anakin in Episode III. So let's get it out of the way that I'm not decrying anything done to his character on that front.

kenneth-sofia-luke.jpg

In the EU that Disney scrubbed from canon, Luke was (understandably and obviously) the primary focus of most of the stories being told. Now, in Disney's canon, he has only shown up a handful of times - the two that I am aware of being once in the Mandalorian Season 2, and once in Battlefront 2 (which is canon, I think)?

The most obvious reason for this is that Mark Hamill isn't young anymore, and the best we can get is either an animated appearance or a CG appearance. CG appearances also understandably would have to be used sparingly, as I don't think the tech is there for anything past a low-key performance (I don't think a higher range of emotion would translate well).

I would personally like to see him in some form. I love all of the new stories being told, but Luke is the OG and I feel like he's become a more distant character these days despite Star Wars being as popular as ever. His post RotJ years are also still largely unexplored. By the time the sequels started, the timeskip had been so large that I felt as if we'd missed out on a major chapter of Luke's life. I was one who was a huge fan of his Mandalorian/Boba Fett appearances.

What do you think? Would you like to see more of him?

Enduin

You look 40
Oct 25, 2017
New York
I'm fine with cameos like we've gotten, but not full on storylines/series/films focused on Luke/Leia/Han in live action. Comics or books, go wild I guess.

It's a big galaxy, they've been very successful with creating new characters dealing with their own problems and conflicts. Stick with that.

Lukenukem716

May 20, 2022
I personally am not a fan of still using the same central characters for new media. Expanding more on new individuals just feels more fun to me

Qikz

Oct 25, 2017
I'd like to see an anime about post ROTJ Luke, doesn't matter what he's doing but Mark Hammil is legit one of the best voice actors in the business and giving him more voice work would be great.

Aug 31, 2019
No, I would like star wars to move on from regurgitating the same bloodlines and 'member berries. For a supposedly massive universe it feels so small.

Tathanen

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
I wanna see more post ROTJ luke played by Hamill yes. Gimme stuff in the years prior to the sequel trilogy, whatever it takes, Hamill's a national treasure.

Not interested in shambling CG corpse Luke.

THE210

Nov 30, 2017
The only old character I really wanted to see anymore of was Darth Vader. After Obi Wan I don't even know that I'd want that.
Give me something new or a Darth Bane story.

NickatNite

Oct 27, 2017
California
Yes/No

On one hand, Star Wars should move on from using the same characters again and again; on the other, a Pre-Last Jedi Luke played by Hamill would be interesting.

mephixto

Oct 25, 2017
Nope, they ruined the character on TLJ. It's hard to see him on anything knowing how stupid was his end.

Pois0n

Oct 10, 2021
I want to see SW get away from talking about the same damn characters/places/conflicts that they've been talking about since before I was born lol.

Gimme a podracing show, please.

MarcelloF

"This guy are sick"
Dec 9, 2020
No. He was dogshit in Mandalorian and Book of Boba Fett. I hate the deepfaked face and robotic AI voice. I hate the way he was written. There's nothing good about what they did with him in those shows. The Last Jedi is the only movie or show to get him right.

An animated version could be OK, if they get an actual actor to voice him.

Aug 1, 2018
There's a billion cool ass story lines in the Expanded Universe. I want to see more of those come to life.

Sep 5, 2021
I thought when Rebels was ending it was only a matter of time before they announced a new Star Wars CGI series that takes place after Episode VI starring Luke, Han and Leia, in the same style as Clone Wars but with the characters from the classic trilogy.

The series would continue the plots of Rebels, having Thrawn and the villains would be the remnants of the Empire, while it could have some tips from the sequel trilogy.

And I created a thread about it.

www.resetera.com

Am I the only one surprised they never created a CGI series that takes place after Episode VI starring Luke, Han and Leia?

I thought when Rebels was ending it was only a matter of time before they announced a new Star Wars CGI series that takes place after Episode VI starring Luke, Han and Leia, in the same style as Clone Wars but with the characters from the classic trilogy. The series would continue the plots of...

Ché

Oct 14, 2022
Canada
The OT3 need to be in the Filoni movie, it wouldn't make sense otherwise. One last outing at least

Oct 25, 2017
Only if they recast him and give him the treatment he deserves as an actual character and not a CG puppet for cameo points.

Luke Deepfaker is about as big of a miss as I can imagine for the character and they need to stay the hell away from that approach if they want the audience to respect future developments they slip in between the OT and ST.

(Also recon the ST while you're at it..)

GuessMyUserName

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Toronto
It's frustrating how strong Luke is tainted with the "move on from the Skywalkers" sentiment when his character personally hasn't had much exploration at all in the current canon.

He's specifically the one that I've been waiting decades to explore his adventure but all we ended up with is TLJ & Rise that are about his fall. Although now I'm less interested in post-RotJ knowing it all just leads into the ST's mess so it's hard to be excited for what we know to be an incompetent era for the character. Sure you can say he has time to rise before the fall, but Book of Boba has already shown he's already overzealous to the old Jedi ways.

Pancracio17

▲ Legend ▲
Avenger
Oct 29, 2017
Theyre never doing anything cool with him ever again after TLJ so he can never show up again for all I care.

Anth0ny

Oct 25, 2017
The evolution of deep fake technology will make it so

(praying they just cast someone new)

Jawmuncher

Crisis Dino
Oct 25, 2017
Ibis Island
Need more stuff like Star Wars Visions honestly.

Let this world breathe and give us more unique stories and characters. Don't have it all tied to the films considering the sheer size and flexibility of it.

Stath

Saw the truth behind the copied door
Mar 4, 2022
I love the glimpses we've gotten of this post-RotJ Luke and it's something I've wanted to see more of in live action since I was a kid, but I wish they'd recast so that Luke can get a dedicated series or more involvement. The de-aged, CG look has improved a lot, but I'm sure it's a whole-ass ridiculous process to plan things out specifically with it in mind, and that alone could be the death-knell for the idea. A whole recast for Luke's not going to happen anytime soon though, unfortunately.

Nope, they ruined the character on TLJ. It's hard to see him on anything knowing how stupid was his end.

lol ok

brinstar

Oct 25, 2017
If he actually has narrative utility, sure. If it's just so he can be a walking power level then no.

Otakunofuji

Oct 27, 2017
I kinda don't want to see any of the original characters ever again, to be honest. There are so many other stories to be told.

WedgeX

Oct 27, 2017
With how they wrote Luke's trying to build a new Jedi order blowing up in his face? Nah, I don't think I want to see it.

WildGoose

Oct 27, 2017
Unsure. I wouldn't be opposed to a recast but it looks like that ship sailed, and they missed their chance to do all the interesting post-ROTJ Luke stuff when they erased the old EU from the canon tbh.

Lari

Oct 25, 2017
Brazil
No Luke's story is the main movies, every other time they drag him back *cough*mandalorian*cough* has been really bad.

roguebubble

▲ Legend ▲
Aug 8, 2018
Books, comics, audio dramas, video games and animated shows: sure

Live action movies and TV: hell no

Strike

Oct 25, 2017
I want to get away from the baggage of the Skywalker saga altogether. There's a whole universe to explore. Other eras.

Duane

Unshakable Resolve
The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
I thought when Rebels was ending it was only a matter of time before they announced a new Star Wars CGI series that takes place after Episode VI starring Luke, Han and Leia, in the same style as Clone Wars but with the characters from the classic trilogy.

The series would continue the plots of Rebels, having Thrawn and the villains would be the remnants of the Empire, while it could have some tips from the sequel trilogy.

And I created a thread about it.

www.resetera.com

Am I the only one surprised they never created a CGI series that takes place after Episode VI starring Luke, Han and Leia?

I thought when Rebels was ending it was only a matter of time before they announced a new Star Wars CGI series that takes place after Episode VI starring Luke, Han and Leia, in the same style as Clone Wars but with the characters from the classic trilogy. The series would continue the plots of...

That's basically what's happening in live action, just without Han/Luke/Leia.

Jun 24, 2019
With the CGI, deepfakes, and god awful writing in the past decade...hell nah!

upd: wouldn't mind Hamill doing more voice work tho

Brickhunt

Feb 4, 2018
Brazil
I had voted yes, but stopping to think...I can't think of anything exciting.

What excited me the most was Luke creating a New Jedi Order, joining with new canon characters. However, because of the sequel trilogy, he is doomed to fail. Any new character that joins him, such as Grogu or potentially Cal (haven't played Jedi Survivor yet), will either die or will leave him. The task has been passed to Rey.

Whatever threat he stops is kind of irrelevant, considering the First Order will come up anyway.