Votes: 191 23.9%
  • I do not

Votes: 608 76.1%

• Total voters

AuthenticM

Son Altesse Sérénissime
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
I was browing some mods on Nexusmods, and I kept seeing comments asking if the mods would disable Steam achievements. It reminded me of the fact that Steam has achievements. It's been years since I cared about achievements at all, and my interest in the Steam variety didn't even last half a year back then. I am certainly not stopping myself from using mods if they disable achievements, I'll say.

How about you?

Tohsaka

Nov 17, 2017
I never did, because they're not universal and because of how easy it is to just unlock them with a program. They don't have any value to me.

Jamesac68

Oct 27, 2017
One word too many in this poll, second to last. I said No, but it's only mostly true. In any game, PC or console, if I really like it and the achievements are designed well enough to give me something new to shoot for, then yes, I do care. Not many games do that though.

Splader

Feb 12, 2018
Never have.
But for whatever reason I do care for Xbox Achievements and Playstation Trophies. Dunno why I don't for Steam.

Talos

Mar 5, 2019
I care less about them than PS4 trophies or Xbox achievements because they are so easy unlock via cheats. Makes them meaningless.

JazzmanZ

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Virtual Achievements matter less in a world where real ones are so hard to come by.

hwarang

Oct 27, 2017
only when I was in High School. Don't care for trophies or achievements at all anymore. Time becomes so much more valuable and stringent as you grow up.

ascii42

Oct 25, 2017
I've found myself going for them in the Civilization games, which are about the only games I play on computer. So, I guess I must? Or, rather, they give me specific challenges to go for rather than just playing a random new game.

AshenOne

Feb 21, 2018
Pakistan
Honestly, not specific to this thread, but i feel as a gamer insulted whenever i get asked this question.. i mean generally as gamers iam sure a lot of us still quite appreciate when they earn a PSN Trophy or an Xbox Achievement.. why Steam is different? Just cause there are programs with which you can automatically earn all achievements without making any effort? Sure there exists such programs but do people still believe majority of the people use these to earn achievements on steam? Sure there are people in each platform camp that do not care about achievements AT ALL, why keep bringing up steam? Ok sure PC has more people that don't feel like achievements are not important to them but the amount of times this question gets asked is incredibly annoying on a personal note. Its like making PSN trophies or Xbox achievements feel like nothing to your face by other people even though you worked hard and spent days on earning them.

Also again OP this is not aimed at you or at this thread specifically just generally speaking, I absolutely HATE when someone asks me this or says to my face how my achievements are worth nothing just cause there is some program on the internet that you can use to earn achievements...cause if we go that way then we have trainers and other cheating programs that let you beat the game with the help of a few button presses or make you straight up invincible but no one brings THAT up...then why this?!

Last edited:

dlauv

Prophet of Truth - One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
I try to complete games I especially like.

Rirse

Jun 29, 2019
Only one I cared about was the one for Stanley Parable for not playing the game for five years.

sredgrin

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Achievements on everything are a "oh that's sort of nice" thing at most to me, so generally speaking, I don't care about them much, though not any less than anywhere else.

I do remember at the old place a few people that went ballistic because Klei wouldn't add Steam achievements into their games even after console ports, because Klei clearly didn't like doing them and I found that amusing.

Duxxy3

Oct 27, 2017
USA
Sure why not. Gives me something to do if I want to keep playing a game, but not sure what to do next.

Also, kudos for matching your poll to your thread title. We've been getting a lot of strange poll questions/answers lately.

Cantaim

Oct 25, 2017
The Stussining
I mostly use it as a way to see how many of my fellow players progressed through a game with me. I like seeing if more then 20% of all players crossed the finish line ya know?

Rosebud

Two Pieces
Apr 16, 2018
Yeah I like to get them.

I don't care about other people achievements, so the fact you can unlock them easily doesn't affects me.

Dec

Prophet of Truth
Oct 26, 2017
never cared about any achievements/trophies. Except for the ones in-game that rewarded things.

Werd

The Fallen
Oct 28, 2017
I mean I've barely ever mentioned or shown an achievement to a game to anyone else in my life that I can think of... but, I do enjoy having what I've played cataloged/tracked with hours played and achievements I can look back at.

Jan 11, 2018
Dunedin, New Zealand
I guess I care about them in games I care about. The idea of them have less value than other achievements implies that any achievement system has value, nobody cares about your achievements except you.

Tagyhag

Oct 27, 2017
Never cared about them, but good on those who can use them for extra gameplay hours.

I do care about cards though, show me the money!

Oreoleo

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Ohio
I care about them a healthy amount. I like to see them pop and compare with my friends etc but I'm not going out of my way to 100% games or anything approaching that.

But very recently I opted not to enable some QOL options in D:OS2 because they disable Steam achievements.

VaporSnake

Oct 28, 2017
Same feeling I have about achievements in all games, don't give a shit, but if I love the game something fierce I'll pay attention to them, but mostly don't care.

Ojli

Chicken Chaser
Oct 28, 2017
Sweden
Never did on Steam. Used to care on Xbox, but not anymore. Xbox achievements are only there for me as a way to get Microsoft reward points

Tobli

Oct 30, 2017
I don't usually care about achievements on Steam. I have been paying a bit more attention to them recently because I have been playing Dark souls 3, and seeing the player completion rates of the different bosses has been interesting.

Ruu

Oct 28, 2017
I have never cared about any achievements anywhere. When I first heard about Xbox achievements I thought it sounded cool because I thought they were pitched as a currency you could use to get stuff but since they never really happened I never really saw the point. If a game has in game achievements where you unlock stuff I'll sometimes go after them but I don't give a crap about system wide achievements.

Lethologica

Oct 27, 2017
I never did in the first place. The only ones I cared for were (and still do, if only a little bit) Xbox Achievements.

Mentalist

Mar 14, 2019
They are a nice bonus, since I am something of a completionist; but at the same time, if I feel the achievement is asking for something ridiculous/not achievable without TONS of extra gameplay time/replays then I'm perfectly happy to ignore it.

Deleted member 3196

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Nah, I don't care about them in consoles either. Where possible, I turn notifications off for them on every platform as much as I can, so they're practically invisible to me.

Skade

Oct 28, 2017
Never gave a single fuck about achievements, on Steam or anywhere else. What's the point ?

I want to play a game and have fun, not try to complete a checklist who ask me to do things i would never consider in said game.

BasilZero

Oct 25, 2017
Omni
I do

I mean not obsessed with it but I do like seeing a pop up and having a statistic go up cause of it

Patapuf

Oct 26, 2017
I don't but that's not unique to steam.

Unless i'm looking for an excuse to play more of the game, achievments don't matter to me.

chrominance

Sky Van Gogh
Oct 25, 2017
Sure. I like having them and seeing how many other people did the same things I did. I don't usually go out of my way to get them anymore but well-crafted achievements act like virtual mementos of the experience I had with a game.