Dec 25, 2018
Starting 10/23/24 for DLR and 10/30/24 for WDW.

Disneyland: $400/per person per day for Disneyland for the rest of 2024, and it is $300 to $400 per person in 2025. Pricing varies depending on the day.

Disney World: It is only available to guests staying in deluxe resorts. At launch, prices will range from $129 to $449 (per pass, plus tax), with the highest prices falling on a limited number of days over peak travel periods.

Pretty wild stuff, although it was to be expected.

edit: easy to read comparison.

img_3022-jpeg.820844

Last edited:

Lkr

Oct 28, 2017
lol

I almost bought the 3 ride pass, and then they pulled the chair out from under me by explaining I can only pick 1 of the popular rides for it

thewienke

Oct 25, 2017
And you still won't be able to get on some rides unless you're booking that shit at 7am while at the specific Disney resort (Galaxy Cosmic Rewind)

Skies

Oct 25, 2017
Wait... Are they doing away with paying for individual lighting lane access?

Those prices are insane in comparsion..

Mar 11, 2020
Nice how the rich can just skip a line by paying prices like this which is a drop in the bucket.

I get that disney is mostly for the well off to begin with but some families save a ton to go there.

Cruxist

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
It was only a matter of time.

Really starting to separate the park guests into the haves and the have-nots. I mean, since they changed the fast pass system beyond the physical tickets, it's always kind of been that way, but jeez.

Ultron

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
That's so wild to see just listed out there. There's the price (times your number of family members) to have your perfect day at Disney. I'm sure people will pay it, because Disney still has the "right of passage family trip" thing, but damn I wish there'd be more pushback from customers for how much they've monetized every little bit of an already extremely expensive thing. Until people take their money elsewhere it's not going to change. And I love going to Disney. It's really fun, but damn it was already expensive as hell just for two adults. It really sucks that people will now spend years saving up to take their family on a huge trip, and then get shunted into the non-premium experience because they didn't save up 50% more to get have truly the best day. So then they either have to go in debt to go that extra mile for the family, or resign themselves to a sub-par experience.

Skies

Oct 25, 2017
No, they are staying but this is another option for the already incredibly confusing naming they chose for this service.

I see. Thanks.

Went to the link And it looks like the other big "benefit" with this pass is you can ride whenever you want (once). You don't have to pick a window.

I'm good for paying for one if absolutely needed with a window. Definitely not interested in paying for all but hey more options are good I guess.

BennyWhatever

Oct 27, 2017
US
"At launch, prices will range from $129 to $449 (per pass, plus tax), with the highest prices falling on a limited number of days over peak travel periods."

So it sounds like pricing varies based on when you go. The lower end of that isn't too bad, considering you get access to every ride. I would never get this if it was like $200+. I really don't know how I feel about it in general.

And you still won't be able to get on some rides unless you're booking that shit at 7am while at the specific Disney resort (Galaxy Cosmic Rewind)

From the FAQs, it sounds like a major perk is that you don't have to do that. You just go straight into the lightning line without a booked time.
"With Lightning Lane Premier Pass, you don't have to choose arrival windows for Lightning Lane attractions and experiences—so you can enter Lightning Lane entrances for the experiences you want, when you want (subject to availability). With other Lightning Lane passes, you must choose an arrival window for each Lightning Lane experience."

Nola

Oct 29, 2017
We went the other year after having not gone for quite some time and man, did everything about the experience just feel so much worse these days.

Not just the absurdity of having to get up on time to book rides, or the clearly jacked up pricing, but the lack of free airport shuttle services added another layer of planning, no meal plans anymore, and it really feels like they have made Disneyworld into a very expensive high end carnival experience in the worst way. As it just now feels so obvious that literally every experience is geared to extract money and layers in add ons to raise the total bill. It was always this way to an extent, but it's just the whole experience now it seems.

Will probably just stick to Universal until Disneyworld really makes it worth it to come back.

Icebergslim

Feb 19, 2021
Or, take your family to Great America pay 1 time and ride ALL the rides for free. I dont think there is any "ride" at Disneyland worth paying 500$ to get on.

OP
OP
jukeboxhero2396
Dec 25, 2018
"At launch, prices will range from $129 to $449 (per pass, plus tax), with the highest prices falling on a limited number of days over peak travel periods."

So it sounds like pricing varies based on when you go. The lower end of that isn't too bad, considering you get access to every ride. I would never get this if it was like $200+. I really don't know how I feel about it in general.

Pricing varies on park, animal kingdom begins at $129. Begins at $329 for MK, posted a graphic to summarize things better. Sorry about that.

Dr. Mario

Oct 27, 2017
Netherlands
I was at Disney World in 2011 I think, when this stuff was free. Now my family would have to pay $2200 per day, lmao. Absolute tossers. And then when I went recently to Disneyland Paris the park was still completely full. Filled to the brim with marks (myself included). It's not even that there aren't any very similar theme parks here in Europe for one third the price without any shenanigans.

nicoga3000

Oct 25, 2017
Honestly, we own DVC at Beach Club and Grand Floridian, but we prefer Disney Cruises anymore. Disney prices have gone so far beyond what the average income family can regularly afford.

Cruxist

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
It's hilarious that Hollywood Studios is the higher end of the price tier. It has less stuff to do overall, that's why the lines are always long as hell.

Kenai

Oct 26, 2017
This is a meme right? Put a lightning lane in your lighting lane so you can line up within the line within the line.

That price seems incredibly ridiculous to me but I will say you can just not buy it? I certainly won't be!

Jul 1, 2020
I kind of figured that this would be the end game after the last round of changes. It's probably better to do this if you want to ride everything instead of battling with the app to get a chance at getting the rides you want. They are tipping the scales toward on site guests even more this time. It's not surprising at all.

RobotHaus

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Mars University
I feel like this is an instance of Universal winning just by doing nothing. Here in Central Florida I know so many more people who go to Universal over Disney solely for the fact that you can afford to go multiple times without being nickel and dimed at every opportunity.

Qvoth

Oct 26, 2017
visited disneyworld for my honeymoon in February 2023, didn't use any of the lightning lane bullshit
longest queue was probably an hour or so?

Shadybiz

Oct 27, 2017
Haven't been to Disney since like 3rd grade. ...It honestly sounds a lot more like work than fun nowadays, like you almost have to be a Project Manager to get the most out of it.