ContractHolder

Jack of All Streams
Oct 25, 2017
deadline.com

Disney Pitches 30-Year Expansion Plan To Anaheim Leaders, Projects “DisneylandForward” Will Create 2,200 Jobs

DisneylandForward includes two major expansions of the resort's parks and will will generate $253 million annually in economic output, according to one survey.

In the same week that Disney Parks & Resorts boss Josh D'Amaro announced the company was abandoning a new $1 billion employee campus in Orlando, the president of Disneyland Resort Ken Potrock hosted an OCForum meeting with local business and political leaders in Anaheim to discuss DisneylandForward, the company's 30-year plan for expansion and innovation in the area.

While DisneylandForward was first introduced in 2021, this week Potrock and other Disney executives revealed new details about the project, including a Disney-sponsored economic study from Cal State Fullerton estimating that, for every $1 billion Disney invests to update and renovate the resort, over 4,000 jobs and $1.1 billion in economic output would be generated during the 4-year construction period. Thereafter, according to the Los Angeles Times, that investment will generate $253 million annually in economic output, $15 million in tax revenue and 2,292 jobs.
Screen-Shot-2023-05-19-at-4.24.01-PM.png

Fat4all

Woke up, got a money tag, swears a lot
Oct 25, 2017
here
they gonna improve what they got, buy some surrounding land, or build up?

Saucycarpdog

Oct 25, 2017
Lmao.

Disneyland could use the money honestly. Feels like Disney World gets all the cool stuff.

And Bob Chapek won't be there to fuck it up.

PlanetSmasher

The Abominable Showman
Oct 25, 2017
How the hell is Disney going to EXPAND Disneyland? Are they gonna buy a huge chunk of Anaheim and bulldoze all of those residences and businesses?

Nov 5, 2017
Oh, hell yeah! About time they paid more attention to DL instead of DW! I would love to see DL expand to the same degree as DW and maybe even eclipse it in terms of importance to the company.

SilentSoldier

Oct 27, 2017
Disneyland is great. I've never had a bad time there. Granted, the last time I was there, fast passes were free.

Oct 25, 2017
Arizona
How the hell is Disney going to EXPAND Disneyland? Are they gonna buy a huge chunk of Anaheim and bulldoze all of those residences and businesses?
They've been consolidating parking lots into structures and moving office space off-site. Pre-Galaxy's Edge they had said they had enough space they could reclaim to potentially build an entire third park, but they seem to have decided on heavily bulking up the two.

AniHawk

No Fear, Only Math
Oct 25, 2017
i've never been to disneyworld but i always preferred disneyland because it isn't in florida.

Surakian

Shinra Employee
Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Hey, why not bring Disneyland to other countries, about damn time for expansion.
Shanghai just opened not that long ago.

Whole lotta room in tomorrowland if they free up the space from autopia, subs, peoplemover, etc.
I know the Parks & Resorts diehards would freak out if they ever do decide to revamp Tomorrowland, but it truly needs it. Keep Space Mountain, Buzz Lightyear, and Star Tours, but rip out the rest.

Autopia used to be great but it's a filler ride now lol People Mover continues to rot, and everything else is whatever.

Wraith

Jun 28, 2018
Countdown to The Ronald nationalizing Disney World. Or a J6-style storming of the grounds by his new army.

yellowfury

Oct 27, 2017
California stay winning

my only memory of Disneyland as a child is getting lost by the castle and crying for my parents

plagiarize

Unfurling New Wings
On Break
Oct 25, 2017
Cape Cod, MA
Disneyland is my favorite individual Disney park. It's awesome. Glad to see it's getting more love. Animal Kingdom is my second fave. Disneyland >>> Magic Kingdom.

fontguy

Avenger
Oct 8, 2018
I wonder if Disney looks back on the millions of dollars they donated to Florida Republicans, including Ron DeSantis himself, and thinks "Maybe this was stupid."

Tuck

Oct 25, 2017
Looks like theyre gonna repurpose the large parking lots on the west side of the site. Its a massive area - could theoretically expand the park grounds by 50%.

libregkd

Oct 25, 2017
There is a lot of dead space and underutilized areas they can work with. They also just need to turn more parking lots into multi-level parking structures and it'll free up space.
Yeah this is basically their plan. They want the city to loosen up zoning rules on land they own so that they can develop surface parking lots into into more usable space.
914d32_35a6d9e536d841d490afad6193f30f32~mv2.png

kIdMuScLe

Oct 27, 2017
Los angeles
Tomorrowland is a huge waste of space… Nemo is always breaking down, autopia can be restructured as it feels too long of a ride, that big dome of nothing next to it can be torn down , the old people mover and space rocket ride can be torn down also. Disneyland has a lot of space actually.

krazen

Oct 27, 2017
Gentrified Brooklyn
More I think about it, Desantis picked the wrong fight with the wrong executives. Iger played the fuck out of his replacement and sabotaged his career; dude may have the smiling face but he's a petty bastard.

Surakian

Shinra Employee
Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Tomorrowland is a huge waste of space… Nemo is always breaking down, autopia can be restructured as it feels too long of a ride, that big dome of nothing next to it can be torn down , the old people mover and space rocket ride can be torn down also. Disneyland has a lot of space actually.
Yep. There is a lot in Tomorrowland that is just rotting. Poor planning in that space overall.

If they want to still have Autopia and Finding Nemo, move it to DCA as revamped experiences. There is space next to Radiator Springs to work with. And tbh they need to overhaul Radiator Springs anyways given how often it shuts down. Redo all of Cars Land tbh. It wastes too much space. Everything is so spread out and empty for no reason there.

There is plenty of work they can do inside the parks and outside on their property to create a better experience.