ghostcrew

The Shrouded Ghost
Administrator
Oct 27, 2017
news.xbox.com

Connect Your Worlds – Discord Voice Chat Comes to Xbox Consoles for Xbox Insiders - Xbox Wire

All your friends and communities in one place Get ready to connect with your Discord friends and communities on Xbox! Discord Voice chat is coming to your Xbox Series X|S and Xbox One consoles. You will be able to chat with anyone on Discord via voice channels or group calls directly from your...

Launching today for Insiders. NICE!

Discord-Roster-Final-d7d8455346ea56666198.jpg

Polyh3dron

Prophet of Regret
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
User banned (1 month): Console war rhetoric, prior bans for similar behavior
This instantly makes the PlayStation a second class citizen in the multiplayer space until they get this as well.

vixolus

Prophet of Truth
Sep 22, 2020
Wow this is quite surprising. I was thinking Sony was going to get this first or exclusively given their partnership recently? I know it's only insiders so maybe they end up launching around the same time?

Either way awesome! No need to do some weird two way discord on my phone chat thing

Zebesian-X

Dec 3, 2018
Ohh awesome

People are gonna fixate on PS but I'm sure it'll get support for this before long. I'm more curious about Switch

Fatmanp

Oct 27, 2017
I honestly thought this is what PlayStation was going to get. I imagine MS just wanted to beat them to the announcement.

AuthenticM

Son Altesse Sérénissime
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Super sweet. Here's hoping that the PS5 gets it too soon.

Once they introduce video streaming, all will be perfect. Sometimes I just want to stream my game for one friend and not the whole world.

Consequence

Oct 27, 2017
Per The Verge:
Discord voice chat on Xbox works by essentially transferring voice chats from Discord to an Xbox, and it's supported on both Xbox One and Xbox Series S / X consoles. That means you can't directly join Discord calls from an Xbox, and there's no dedicated Discord app on the console. Instead, you always use the mobile app to sling calls across, and they integrate into an Xbox Party-like interface.
A bit inelegant but still nice!

Classy Tomato

Jun 2, 2019
Oh wow, this is BIG!

I hope it's coming to PS too soon. It makes it easier for me to chat with my friends. Also, share screen too.

Streusel

▲ Legend ▲
Dec 28, 2017
this discord saga has been funny.
microsoft almost bought them, then sony soon after announced discord integration which has not arrived yet and now xbox is getting it first?

Dest

Has seen more 10s than EA ever will
Coward
Jun 4, 2018
Work
That's fucking awesome. Glad to see this on consoles, it's just better than Xboxs system/sounds way better.

Also incredibly embarassing on Sonys part given that they went out of their way to announce their partnership with Discord and all we've got was game status in Discord.

Feb 27, 2019
Awesome. It's kinda weird that there's still no native app and you need to hand it off through your phone. Hopefully at some point they just launch a native app.

That said, it's still a huge upgrade.

jon bones

Oct 25, 2017
NYC
stuff like this and crossplay is so good. going to make hardware irrelevant - just play games with your friends!!

darkside

Oct 26, 2017
Cool but this is so cumbersome I don't think I'll ever use it. Glad I have a headset that has 2 device pairing

Mattmo831

Featuring Mattmo831 from the Apple v Epic case
Oct 26, 2020
The second you can stream from console to the discord voice chat... that will be the best. I NEED that

XSX

Oct 31, 2017
Thank fucking god it didn't end up being some Sony exclusive nonsense, should be on everything, hopefully ps5 is next. Doubt switch ever gets it tho lol

Huntersknoll

Oct 25, 2017
This is huge. Since the days of Ventrilo and TeamSpeak I've wished someone would bring something like that to consoles. When I saw discord come along I knew it would only be time until that happened. Took a bit longer but it is here.

Helix

Mayor of Clown Town
Jun 8, 2019
yeah.....I need this on PS5, all my discord peeps are there lol.

this is such a useful feature to have.

monketron

Oct 27, 2017
More choice is always nice but not having a native app is a really weird choice. It's similar to how Whatsapp use to do their PC version, via your phone and I hated that too.

TheZynster

Oct 26, 2017
LOL

How the fuck does Sony announce a partnership and somehow blows getting the voice chat first?

This is fucking huge

SwampBastard

The Fallen
Nov 1, 2017
One of these days I really need to figure out how Discord works and why I should use it. The only time I've ever tried it was when a friend and I were using it to voice chat because PSN is so shitty.