Raigor

May 14, 2020

ANNOUNCING RIPPLE EFFECT STUDIOS™

The smallest idea can change the world.

The smallest idea can change the world.
At Ripple Effect Studios, we believe that true transformation in the game industry begins with small moments, like an enlightening conversation in a hallway or a prototype yielding unexpected results.
Our ambition is to become a studio that excels at everything — not just making games but also the process of how we make them. We want to reach a super level of quality in everything we do, no matter how big or small. This philosophy applies to everything, from constantly refining our development process, to cultivating a positive company culture and growing a thriving community.

"We're so proud of our work as DICE LA and the DICE team will forever be a part of our DNA, but over the past eight years, we've developed our own culture and our own way of doing things," says Christian Grass, GM of Ripple Effect Studios.

"We're excited to look towards the future, expand the team and establish our own identity."

In addition to overseeing Respawn Entertainment, Respawn founder Vince Zampella is also managing Ripple Effect. Together he and Christian are focused on bringing in an influx of talented developers, artists, and engineers to make our vision a reality. "The talent here has a great track record of producing high-quality titles, and the studio's set to make even more incredible games in the future," says Zampella. "With an amazing new campus coming to Los Angeles and remote positions available, now is a great time to consider joining us."

Deleted member 10675

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Madrid
logo_valveindex.png

ToddBonzalez

The Pyramids? That's nothing compared to RDR2
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Not a great name lol. But I am excited to see what they come up.

Theorry

Oct 27, 2017
Always will be remembered by me as the studio that saved Battlefield 4 when DICE Stockholm just stopped and moved on to Battlefront.
Then DICE LA took over and made BF4 solid, great and regained trust from the fanbase

Last edited:

FusedAtoms

Jul 21, 2018
Pretty interesting that the Respawn founder, Vince Zampella, is helping manage the studio but that name and logo are pretty bad. Excited to see what they work on though.

Pls help develop a new Titanfall... pls

DeoGame

Dec 11, 2018
Dreamworks Studios to EA LA to Danger Close to DICE LA to Ripple Effect. Crazy history. Maybe they're doing Dead Space? I mean, until recently Motive was busy with the "AC killer".

Micro

Oct 28, 2017
Dreamworks Studios to EA LA to Danger Close to DICE LA to Ripple Effect. Crazy history. Maybe they're doing Dead Space? I mean, until recently Motive was busy with the "AC killer".

Was about to say lol. They've rebranded so many times in their history. It's crazy how they've survived under EA's umbrella for so many years. There have been ups and downs in their library, but a solid developer that knows FPS games more than anything.

As someone already said, I'll forever remember them saving BF4.

Vico

Jan 3, 2018
I actually like the name.
Also, it's great when a studio gets to establish its own identity, so it's a win in my book.

Always will be remembered by me as the studio that saved Battlefield 4 when DICE Stockholm just stopped and moved on to Battlefront.
Then DICE LA took over and made BF4 solid, great and regained rust from the fanbase

How is gaining rust a positive thing now?

Joking, I ❤ you

Deleted member 17184

User-requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Changing the name makes me think they're working on non-DICE IPs. I imagine they'll still be multiplayer, though.

lazygecko

Oct 25, 2017

That's just scratching the surface. You forgot when they were briefly renamed into a BioWare subsidiary, among other things.

Onlywantsapples

alt account
Banned
May 13, 2021
"We're currently working on a player-inspired experience for Battlefield 2042"

What does that mean
they're working on the 3rd mode in Battlefield 2042, that has been referred to by Dice as a "love letter" to fans, and according to leakers is a mode comprised entirely of remakes of maps from past Battlefield titles.

RisingStar

Banned
Oct 8, 2019
They could've just cut the studios and left it as Ripple Effect.

It is what it is, better to have your own identity than being "DICE LA".

platocplx

2020 Member Elect
Oct 30, 2017
Great to see a team branch out and have their own identity. Will be interested to see what they work on after battlefield etc.

The_R3medy

Jan 22, 2018
Wisconsin
Good for them. Hoping for the best from the studio, and that EA let's them flourish a bit.

Even if their first project isn't perfect, give them time to grow.

LycanXIII

The Fallen
Oct 26, 2017
Ripple Effect because EA is going to use them as a support studio on whatever's hot at the time.

Milennia

Prophet of Truth - Community Resetter
Oct 25, 2017
Florida
So Vince is out at Respawn? that's the main question I have about this, I assume so if he's heading this studio

Or does overseeing it mean something else

ILikeFeet

DF Deet Master
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
So Vince is out at Respawn? that's the main question I have about this, I assume so if he's heading this studio

Or does overseeing it mean something else
Now, Zampella will help reshape DICE LA back into a studio which creates its own games - while continuing to oversee Respawn at the same time.

www.eurogamer.net

Respawn boss Vince Zampella will oversee EA's DICE LA studio

Vince Zampella, boss of Apex Legends and Star Wars Jedi: Fallen Order developer Respawn Entertainment, has taken on an …

SeanBoocock

Senior Engineer @ Epic Games
Verified
Oct 27, 2017
Austin, Texas
There was that period of time where EA seemingly wanted every studio to be a Bioware subsidiary (Bioware Mythic anyone?)

That was Victory Games, briefly BioWare Victory. At that time EA LA consisted of two HD studios, Victory Games and Danger Close. When Danger Close was shut down, some of that team came over to help on Command & Conquer development. Several of them went back, as well as a few from Victory, when Victory Games was shut down and DICE LA started.

Vinc

Oct 25, 2017
EA seems to be doing a lot of interesting things lately. I wonder what game they'll be working on. Between a Dead Space remake, Jedi Fallen Order, Skate 4, Mass Effect 5 and Dragon Age 4, there's a lot of things I'm excited to see.

This is just another avenue for something I might be interested in, as someone who doesn't care much about Battlefield (great series and the new one looks amazing from the outside looking in, but I'm not much of an MP person!)