GrantDaNasty

Oct 27, 2017
They announced it now to get the heat off the HK issue. It seems to have worked looking at the announce thread, the rest is minute details in Blizzard's plan.

piratethingy

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Yeah the gameplay looked super super early. Some of the animation transitions looked a little jerky and judging from D3 you know it won't be that way at launch. I'll wait.

Watchtower

Oct 27, 2017
If you were trying to not make it look like this announcement was just to take people's minds of the HK mess, whew this ain't it chief.

hideousarmor

May 9, 2019
Gameplay looked kinda rough. You could tell some areas were way more developed than others
Also combat looked super slow for some reason, like attacks having more windup time

Caleb187

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Colorado
Rushed reveal due to the Hong Kong backlash? Probably. Those graphics will be outdated by late 2021 due to the next gen console releases.

jviggy43

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
.......lol couldnt be any more obvious you brought this to satiate the hongkong issue

nelsonroyale

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
I am trying to figure out how these games take so long to make? I mean Diablo 3 felt pretty archaic when it released. This at least looks more impressive, even for its time. I am looking forward to it.

Deleted member 3010

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
As I thought, the announcement was there only to dissipate the negative cloud around Acti-Blizz during BlizzCon.

Guess what it worked lol.

Wanderer5

Prophet of Truth
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Somewhere.
They announced it now to get the heat off the HK issue. It seems to have worked looking at the announce thread, the rest is minute details in Blizzard's plan.

It was going to be revealed with or without the HK issue lol.

Do some of you really think that they whipped this up in the last month or so? They have a demo on the floor too. It would make more sense if this was a response to last year outroar regarding the mobile game if anything.

rude

Oct 25, 2017
Why are people acting brand new in this thread? It's customary for them to announce games that are years away from release. They didn't do this to distract people. If it wasn't already obvious, they don't care about the Hong Kong situation.

hurroocane

Oct 25, 2017
Germany
It was clearly announced to confront the Hong Kong backlash

I actually kind of doubt that. Last year there were rumors that D4 was supposed to be announced and they pulled it last minute because it wasn't ready resulting in the disaster that was the Diablo Immortal announcement.

Would have made sense to announce the mobile game together with a mainline game.

Deleted member 8166

Account closed at user request
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
I actually kind of doubt that. Last year there were rumors that D4 was supposed to be announced and they pulled it last minute because it wasn't ready resulting in the disaster that was the Diablo Immortal announcement.

Would have made sense to announce the mobile game together with a mainline game.
exactly. they even had a freaking diablo statue in the blizzcon goodie box last year.
something must have happened that they canned the announcement last year.

Oct 27, 2017
Why are people acting brand new in this thread? It's customary for them to announce games that are years away from release. They didn't do this to distract people. If it wasn't already obvious, they don't care about the Hong Kong situation.
Yeah, I'm sure that the massive backlash they received last year for not announcing it years ahead of release and the blow back from their stance on China had nothing to do with it. /s Everything these companies do is calculated, quit acting like it isn't. People called the leaks before they happened as a way to get the heat off their backs, and guess what, we got a very leaky year. It's not a conspiracy, it's pr.

Moldiver

Nov 1, 2017
Scotland
Yep, this whole thing sounds like damage control in regards to recent events BUT Diablo 3 was revealed like 3/4 years before release so who knows.

Last edited: