Banned
May 16, 2020
Rio de Janeiro
DJrmQ8yV4AA9JjX.jpg

Yuntu

Prophet of Regret Corrupted by Vengeance
Nov 7, 2019
Germany
Will the people on twitter shitting on DF for not instantly making this video apologize now?

(i know they wont, but i hate the shit DF gets thrown at em)

Bulby

Prophet of Truth
Oct 29, 2017
Berlin
Wish they had done a 30 second piss take video just to annoy the haters. Its a box, it has parts, go f yourselves.

Gestault

Oct 26, 2017
I think the intro hits the right tone, of appreciating what's there, but pointing out the partial void of useful info/context for the design.

FriendlyNPC

Oct 27, 2017
Heh, Rich does not seem to be all that impressed. That Toyota comparison made me gasp, fanboys will go to war for less 😂!

Jul 10, 2020
Conservative design....

That's an interesting thought....

Man I don't think this video is gonna help...

But what the hell do I know?

YozoraXV

Oct 30, 2017
They really should have waited till they were actually given the console because they will likely end up doing this again, when they do.

bbq of doom

Oct 25, 2017

Gestault

Oct 26, 2017
I'm still surprised how big the unit looks, even under ideal lighting/posing to minimize the size with matching white surfaces/background.

pIPlj6e.png

Dunlop

Oct 25, 2017
Great video, genuinely shocked 3 weeks to launch and they still do not have a console, I assumed it was under NDA.

Shopolic

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Can't wait to see this.
DF videos are among the few things on Youtube that I like before watching them!

Sia

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Jun 9, 2020
Canada
He almost sounds a bit peeved that Sony haven't given them a console or hands on yet lol. I can detect his thirst for PS5 just like everyone else.

Ramathevoice

Oct 26, 2017
Paris, France
Heh, Rich does not seem to be all that impressed. That Toyota comparison made me gasp, fanboys will go to war for less 😂!
I think he is impressed, but in a different way. Where Xbox went pretty far with the engineering in order to effectively cool the XSX to the detriment of build cost, Sony is tackling cooling in a more cost-effective way, sacrificing size.

RedHeat

Oct 25, 2017
Nothing new of course, but interesting to note he mentions Sony's build cost is probably noticeably cheaper than the Series X's.

bbq of doom

Oct 25, 2017
I mean, it's not like the warriors are gonna care about any of that though!

Toyota is what their grandma drives!

I'm also not sure it's really applicable considering Sony's approach with clocks--Toyota would never take that risk, IMO. But that's a different convo for a different topic lol.

Toyota's one of, if not the best, automotive manufacturer for a reason.

BoxScar

Jul 21, 2020
The compairson between the form factor of the SX and the PS5 despite having very similar specs is interesting, I love that both teams have really come up with inventive solutions to the same problems regarding heat, noise etc, but with different tech and different shapes.

Hopefully DF can get their hands on the PS5 soon.

Mar 8, 2018
Hopefully this ends the ridiculous talk of "DF is biased to Microsoft." They do such good work and have so much on their plate right now.

Deleted member 13077

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
The comment on build cost is interesting. Gives Sony some breathing room for a drop maybe if the thirst wears off quicker than they'd hoped.

Dunlop

Oct 25, 2017
As he touched on in the beginning, Sony doesn't need them to have one--their marketing is doing wonders with hype.
I didn't expect them to follow the MS route, but Digitial Foundry is a class of their own for this with over a million subscribers now so I assumed they were in the loop if anyone was.

gofreak

Oct 26, 2017
He almost sounds a bit peeved that Sony haven't given them a console or hands on yet lol. I can detect his thirst for PS5 just like everyone else.

Oh he totally is, not that it's necessarily unwarranted. I mean during the 1,000,000 subs stream you could sense some annoyance at this being dropped out of the blue, raising scheduling questions in terms of work, about when to cover this or not etc.

So it's nice that he did it, no doubt their audience wanted it, but without their own unit there's obviously a limit to what they can say.

The Nikkei had their own interview with the engineer who did the teardown, and it offers some of the deeper technical insight and reasoning for the design that Richard was perhaps looking for.

Gestault

Oct 26, 2017

Toyotas are considered solid, reliable cars, despite mass-market engineering (as opposed to cutting-edge/esoteric designs you might see from a German car manufacturer).

Orb

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
USA
I am so ready for people to get their hands on these consoles and start testing the hell out of them. Ready for the speculation to end.