Lukar

Unshakable Resolve - Prophet of Truth
Oct 27, 2017
If you care about Destiny's story and being surprised by the trailer, try not to look at the video thumbnail or read this thread until you watch it.

- YouTube

Enjoy the videos and music you love, upload original content, and share it all with friends, family, and the world on YouTube.

video description said:
We're here now.
Wherever here is.

Tune into the Destiny Showcase to learn more.
August 22, 2023.

What the actual hell is happening in the story

Last edited:

super-famicom

Avenger
Oct 26, 2017
Hey it's that guy

image.png

neoak

Oct 25, 2017
I hope you change the OP once Bungie uploads their video, because that stream capture looks rough

OP
OP
Lukar

Lukar

Oct 27, 2017
I hope you change the OP once Bungie uploads their video, because that stream capture looks rough
I'm going to, I waited a few minutes to see if they'd upload it but decided to just go ahead with this for now.

Funny that they no longer have OG voice actor for either character.
Are you sure? That sounded like Nathan Fillion to me, not Nolan North.

North only voiced Cayde in Forsaken because Fillion had scheduling conflicts iirc. For them to bring them back now... I can't see them not making sure they got Fillion back on board for his return.

Dalek

Oct 25, 2017
I always knew they would bring him back.

But will he be Cayde-7?

So inside the traveler is some other dimension/world?

ThatMeanScene

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Miami, FL
I missed most of this so I'll catch a direct feed when its up. That being said even Cayde won't get me back into Destiny with how boring and repetitive its become.

Edit: I have to see something different in terms of gameplay and progression with better stewards at the helm of the game.

etrain911

Oct 27, 2017
Does the Final Shape mean this will be the final expansion or is the name just related to the lore?

ZeoVGM

Oct 25, 2017
Providence, RI
Does the Final Shape mean this will be the final expansion or is the name just related to the lore?

This is the final expansion of The Light and Darkness Saga, which is the name given to all of Destiny 1 and Destiny 2 up through The Final Shape. It's similar to The Infinity Saga for the MCU.

After this, there will be a new expansion in 2025 that begins a new saga.

OP
OP
Lukar

Lukar

Oct 27, 2017
It's the final part of the story arc that began with the original Destiny, though it won't be the end of Destiny 2. They've said they're going to continue with a new story in the game (not a third Destiny) after it.

It does also tie into the lore though. The final shape has been a thing since the early days, and it's been coming to a head recently.

Sosukae

Oct 25, 2017
Cayde might get me back to see how this is all going to end. Nathan in halo and destiny was always good so hopefully this actually improves on where we are at with the destiny story.

Kemal86

Oct 25, 2017
huh. so the question is, is it just Cayde on the other side of the portal or do all dead guardians go there.

psynergyadept

Shinra Employee
Oct 26, 2017
Im so fucking happy to see Cayde back!!! I've been preaching for years he was making a return!! I hope that nail it with "Final Shape"

Lightfall's campaign was pretty meh imo.

OP
OP
Lukar

Lukar

Oct 27, 2017
"I wish you could have been there." "Me too, kiddo."

Hell, man. :(

I really wonder what they're going to do with Zavala...

iFirez

OT Speedrunner
Oct 25, 2017
England
Really glad they got Nathan back for this, shame it isn't Gina voicing Ikora anymore but still.

huh. so the question is, is it just Cayde on the other side of the portal or do all dead guardians go there.
My guess is that this is "The Garden" just like we visit the "Black Garden" that the vex made and made a failed version of the Veil there - this will be the real garden not the dark version of it. I also think all those bound by light end up here or can be communed with from here. - Just my weird destiny theory dump.

OP
OP
Lukar

Lukar

Oct 27, 2017
so, having been away from D2 for years, is there no D3 in the works?
No. Every time they've talked about Destiny continuing after The Final Shape, they've always specified that Destiny 2 will continue. They aren't going to make a third game.

Plans could change, but that's how they've referred to it for two or three years at this point. I think they'll eventually drop the 2 from the title, but they aren't moving on from this iteration of the series. They're going to keep updating it.

Last edited:

coma

Oct 28, 2017
Considering their other attempts at creating memorable characters...bringing Cayde back is probably the right call. Cool they got Nathan back.

ThatMeanScene

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Miami, FL
They really just plan on dragging D2 for another 8 years? I'd really love to see more Destiny but in a new game with new weapons, new environments, and concepts; not just small zones, strikes, etc all over again. Its so boring.

Carn

Oct 27, 2017
The Netherlands
I missed most of this so I'll catch a direct feed when its up. That being said even Cayde won't get me back into Destiny with how boring and repetitive its become.

Edit: I have to see something different in terms of gameplay and progression with better stewards at the helm of the game.

My way to play Destiny turned from daily play (in the first game) to now just get the expansions during a sale, play through the main quests for a few hours and park it for another few months.

Ringten

Nov 15, 2017
Hm interesting that they're ending the story with this. Their DLC must sell well, because I can't imagine a D3 not doing great.

I rather have a D3 so we can start fresh (ish?)