• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Miggytronz

Oct 26, 2017
Virginia Beach, VA
At this point I really hope BUNGiE is working on something new because D2 is completely flat to me but I feel like Activision will want to milk Destiny as much as possible. 10yr contract right?

OP
OP
JohnOfMars

JohnOfMars

Fighting Lion
Oct 25, 2017
Mars
Uncharted isn't trying to be a replayable loot based MMO shooter. You play Uncharted once (maybe twice) and you're done forever. In addition it has a lot of set pieces with moving environments. There's very little environmental variety that actually effects the gunplay in D2. They try to do it a little bit with the vex barriers but to little meaningful effect.

As for "new behaviors" there's only a single one that's tactically interesting that I can remember, the cabal slide out shield. Calling reskins "new enemies" is about as convincing as claiming the (yet again) reskinned strikes are "new strikes."

Cabal got the most love since they're the main campaign:
  • Dogs (new unit)
  • Incendiors (new unit)
  • Collossi now have stun missiles
  • Legionairies now have blade grenades
  • Phalanxes have the slide out shield as you said
  • Psions now have vaulting pulse grenades (a key mechanic in the Calus fight), new sniper rifle and jet pack along the ground
Fallen:
  • Wretch (new unit)
  • New 3 round launcher for Captains & Vandals
  • Wretches and vandals now scurry along the ground
Vex:
  • Laser-based weapon for Harpies and Minotaurs
  • Minotaurs now have crit spots
  • Fanatics are now a fully fledged unit, not just a special unit
Hive:
  • Fire grenade
  • Knights have 3 way fire gun
Taken:
  • Can't remember anything, tbh. But they're only in like 1-2 levels. Maybe I'm missing something.

I know I'm forgetting some stuff too.

So there definitely are new units and new behaviors. Much more than Destiny 2 is getting credit for.

Conkerkid11

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Oh boy, a chest on EDZ with no loot in it. I guess that's still a thing. Guess I'm exploiting by using my scout report, eh Bungie?

Nov 1, 2017
Up until yesterday, I was pretty much only playing Destiny 1 again. That's how awful D2 is. I went back to old content and was pleasantly surprised to find that it was populated in such a way that there's never a wait time to do any activity.
Ar7bq4X.jpg

Nov 1, 2017
At this point I really hope BUNGiE is working on something new because D2 is completely flat to me but I feel like Activision will want to milk Destiny as much as possible. 10yr contract right?

Third verse, same as the first.

Lord Brady

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Is this some meta-commentary about how Bungie continues to repeat and re-use content?

I KILL PXLS

Oct 25, 2017
Some of these requirements for the faction armor ornaments make me cry. I'd love to have a full set of something. Hopefully I can finish a few with the changes coming.

ZeoVGM

Oct 25, 2017
Providence, RI
Cool emote that should be a drop in specific part of the game. Broom should be a chance-drop if you sweep a team in trials. That way people would actually know what you had to accomplish to get that emote, which was one of the foundations Bungie said they built the game upon. Gear telling a story.

Could you imagine how much more satisfying Destiny 2 would be if the exotic emotes and especially Ghosts dropped randomly from activities with a low rate?

I imagine being in a strike with friends and seeing that or the amazing galaxy-looking Ghost drop at the end, knowing it was a rare drop. It would be like seeing a Gjallarhorn drop in Y1.

Destiny needs that again. I understand Eververse is here to stay but I think they had a fairly okay balance in D1. They went over the top here. There needs to be a mix of exotic and legendary Ghosts, Sparrows, ships and emotes that drop from both Bright Engrams and in-game activities.

RoboPlato

Oct 25, 2017
Could you imagine how much more satisfying Destiny 2 would be if the exotic emotes and especially Ghosts dropped randomly from activities with a low rate?

I imagine being in a strike with friends and seeing that or the amazing galaxy-looking Ghost drop at the end, knowing it was a rare drop. It would be like seeing a Gjallarhorn drop in Y1.

Destiny needs that again. I understand Eververse is here to stay but I think they had a fairly okay balance in D1. They went over the top here. There needs to be a mix of exotic and legendary Ghosts, Sparrows, ships and emotes that drop from both Bright Engrams and in-game activities.
This would be a good solution. Make the drop rates super low so they're surprising and fun. I doubt it would hurt the Eververse store much. Hell, I could see some strike specific ornaments being used instead of just strike specific loot. People like cosmetic chasing too.

TheGhost

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Long Island
Is the fix in to assign up to four different emotes?

tried that yesterday and nothing happened, just kept assigning salty.....as if the game knew...

Lord Brady

Banned
Oct 26, 2017

Strike, planet, raid, and crucible specific emotes, sparrows, shaders, ghosts etc etc etc would all be huge incentives to replay content imo.

ZeoVGM

Oct 25, 2017
Providence, RI
Some of these requirements for the faction armor ornaments make me cry. I'd love to have a full set of something. Hopefully I can finish a few with the changes coming.

It should be easier to get the armor itself once it comes around again, since we can buy them now.

I love how they're doing ornaments. I wish they introduced that for the planetary armor sets as well.

... Along with more vault space because I was forced to delete most of my planetary armor sets.

Parenegade

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
The Eververse company is such a massive downer. So many cool loot options just get shoved into it.

I'm amazed I put more hours into Destiny in my life than any other game (other than WoW) and here we are 1 expansion in...I'm not even playing.

Bungie what happened?

Xeno

Oct 25, 2017
Why are you quoting a post, then starting a completely different conversation? I reckon you're trying to change the negative tilt this thread has, but it has that negative weight for a reason.
I want to know what people like about the game they're playing and talking about.

What's your favorite gun to use in Destiny 2?

Nov 1, 2017
The user was warned for this post. There are better ways to respond to criticism than to dismiss another user's opinions in an overly antagonistic way.
The Eververse company is such a massive downer. So many cool loot options just get shoved into it.

I'm amazed I put more hours into Destiny in my life than any other game (other than WoW) and here we are 1 expansion in...I'm not even playing.

Bungie what happened?
Wait, it's Bungie's fault you bought into a circlejerk of online negativity?

TheRuralJuror

Oct 25, 2017
Cabal got the most love since they're the main campaign:
  • Dogs (new unit)
  • Incendiors (new unit)
  • Collossi now have stun missiles
  • Legionairies now have blade grenades
  • Phalanxes have the slide out shield as you said
  • Psions now have vaulting pulse grenades (a key mechanic in the Calus fight), new sniper rifle and jet pack along the ground
Fallen:
  • Wretch (new unit)
  • New 3 round launcher for Captains & Vandals
  • Wretches and vandals now scurry along the ground
Vex:
  • Laser-based weapon for Harpies and Minotaurs
  • Minotaurs now have crit spots
  • Fanatics are now a fully fledged unit, not just a special unit
Hive:
  • Fire grenade
  • Knights have 3 way fire gun
Taken:
  • Can't remember anything, tbh. But they're only in like 1-2 levels. Maybe I'm missing something.

I know I'm forgetting some stuff too.

So there definitely are new units and new behaviors. Much more than Destiny 2 is getting credit for.

The fact that the list is composed of the same races from the original was bad enough for me. Didn't want to fight the vex and taken for the billionth time after the first game. That small list of behavioral changes doesn't cut it imo.

Brian_FETO

The Million Post Man
Oct 25, 2017
Prometheus Lens

a 5........out of 5

Holy shit. It's like a grenade you can headshot people with

Uncle0wnage

Oct 25, 2017
Indianapolis, IN
I want to know what people like about the game they're playing and talking about.

What's your favorite gun to use in Destiny 2?
What's your end goal here? To defend destiny against the "haters"? Conkerkid11 brought up a valid point that they included a time limitation on chest gathering, which proves that the system they designed in the first place is flawed if the need to stop players from playing the game. You didn't respond to him, merely quoted him and proceeded to only ask for a positive about the game. Discussion isn't about limiting replies to positives.

I don't have a favorite gun, because to me, they are almost all underwhelming, especially compared to the guns in destiny 1.

Darryl M R

The Spectacular PlayStation-Man
Oct 25, 2017
I'm not a huge fan of most of the armor at the moment. I might want the Tess set for my Hunter.

Also as a Hunter with the STOMPE exotic boots the infinite forest is pretty cool. It's like playing a game of The Floor is Lava and just running and jump pass all of the enemies.

speiky

Prophet of Truth
Oct 28, 2017
Wait, it's Bungie's fault you bought into a circlejerk of online negativity?
It's Bungie's fault for not communicating with their dedicated community. Bungie's fault for being deceptive and trying to make ppl buy silver for bright engrams by purposely crippling XP gains, and when caught saying oops not working as intended. Bungie's fault for delivering a lackluster paid DLC three months in that locks a lot of the nice looking gear, emotes, etc. behind the said bright engrams.
Why do you read into his post and reply with such BS?

optimus8936

Oct 25, 2017
What's your end goal here? To defend destiny against the "haters"? Conkerkid11 brought up a valid point that they included a time limitation on chest gathering, which proves that the system they designed in the first place is flawed if the need to stop players from playing the game. You didn't respond to him, merely quoted him and proceeded to only ask for a positive about the game. Discussion isn't about limiting replies to positives.

I don't have a favorite gun, because to me, they are almost all underwhelming, especially compared to the guns in destiny 1.
all he is doing is asking a question to get away from the salt mine that this place is. Didn't realize positivity was such a bad thing.

-PXG-

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
NJ
I dunno "homie", you seem like you're really trying to damage control about yourself after making a bad faith argument about lazy developers and getting checked into the boards for it. At some point the people who are throwing themselves into the wall over the D2 progression/structure need to make a definitive call about whether they want to continue playing because it's a long way to go until the next content drop and it's clear Bungie doesn't have a watertight solution for any of you.

I honestly don't know what your deal is.

Liking the game, yet being critical aren't mutually exclusive. I'll ultimately decide if I want to continue supporting the game or not. Until then, I'll still play it, yet voice my concerns regarding how I feel the game should be fixed over time.

If you enjoy the game as is, great. I'm not trying take that away from or anyone else.

Last edited:

Xeno

Oct 25, 2017

You said "almost"! Which ones aren't underwhelming?!

Nov 1, 2017
This is the kind of toxic nonsense we don't need.
I think someone who posts an anecdote about how they played Destiny 1 in a thread about Destiny 2 DLC is actually more distracting to the discussion than anyone pointing out that the negativity in here is ridiculous. This is like FFXV thread on the old site-tier of sodium overdose.

Deleted member 5745

Account closed at user request
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Got Graviton Forfeit to drop. I loved it in D1. I still like it, and it definitely works well with the Nightstalker perk tree that has the invisible smoke, but I just don't know if I want to use it over Orpheus Rig.

Uncle0wnage

Oct 25, 2017
Indianapolis, IN
all he is doing is asking a question to get away from the salt mine that this place is. Didn't realize positivity was such a bad thing.
Calling it a "salt mine" is handwaving any negative criticisms of the game. I'm sure there would be more positive talk if Bungie actually announced major changes to the core gameplay that would bring things far closer to destiny 1. As of now, there doesn't seem to be much to be positive about, and if you can't handle criticism of a game, and are unable to discuss said criticism, then quoting people and trying to change their discussion isn't helpful for anyone.

renzollama

Self-Requested Ban
Banned
Oct 29, 2017
The inability to use sparrows on mercury just makes it feel like an annoying mission from the base campaign except running to a location never gets less tedious...even moreso because it's clearly some elementary-school psychology attempt to convince me that the location is bigger than it is. Thanks for permanently inconveniencing me for the sake of a laughable attempt at masking your content effort guys.

Deleted member 29249

User requested account closure
Banned
Nov 1, 2017
So any stand out legendary weapons yet? the auto rifle from Ikora reward seems good. Still working my way thru the story just got the the first "strike mission" (already played it in strike playlist).

No luck on exotics yet, only got 1 new thing and it makes invso last 2 seconds longer, don't see my self using it.