• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Lord Brady

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
I bought a decent amount of silver for D1 but I won't be buying for D2. I've made peace with the fact that I won't be able to get certain stuff (because that's true even if I buy silver in D2).
I bought a few emotes in Destiny 1 as sort of a "thank you" for all the enjoyment I had already received from the game and to fund the live team. And then the Live team started creating holiday events that basically forced you to pay real money if you wanted anything good, which was then followed by Destiny 2 which appears to be built solely to funnel gamers towards Tess and her loot boxes. Suffice it to say, I don't feel compelled to give Bungie any extra money. What a long, ugly trip it has been since the days of paying money and being able to choose the emote we wanted. Now we get to pay money for a slot machine roll to maybe possibly get the emote, sparrow, ship, armor etc etc that we want. Whoever said "slippery slope" when Silver was introduced, pat yourself on the back. You were right.

LiK

Oct 25, 2017
Yup, the only Silver I bought was for Halloween in D1 to support the game and get a few of the loot. But I haven't spent a dime in D2 because I haven't been satisfied with how it's going. I hate Tess and I hate Eververse. Just hearing her shill her shop pisses me off whenever I go grab my Bright engram drops. It's a real turn off. Unless they start putting in exclusive ships/ghosts/sparrows into more activities, Bungie can fuck right off.

Deleted member 4541

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I finally found a look I like for my Titan:

Oe6yXUB.jpg

I'm really digging the state of the game at the moment, for me at least. During vanilla (is it too early to call launch vanilla?!) I essentially ran everything in my Hunter & didn't really care to min/max my other characters, or even stock them with a variety of guns for that matter. Now, I'm actively playing & completing weekly milestones on all my characters & I have a "goal" to grind towards on each of them, i.e. Mercury gear sets & MW weapons. The game clearly still has issues, but these little things to work for have made this feel like Destiny again & I. Love. It. Hopefully the momentum will continue going forward & we will see good changes come with each update.

#bringbackBadJuju #bringbackDarkDrinker

Cornbread78

Oct 25, 2017
Northeast USA
Yea man, I miss 6v6 so much. 4v4 Mayhem is gonna be boring af. Not enough "mayhem".

Seriously, I;m not sure how they thought 4v4 would be good with the size of these PvP maps. Even the new Osiris maps are big enough to support even 8v8 gameplay if needed. Still multiple routes around the maps, lots of strategy can be used, but nope, it's 4v4, so everyone has to stick together and team shoot. blah.... All it's done is lead to garbage/boring gameplay that doesn't pander to anyone but elite 4man streamers.

Give me an 8v8 event on these maps bungie, give me some complete shooting maddness and fun.

LiK

Oct 25, 2017
Seriously, I;m not sure how they thought 4v4 would be good with the size of these PvP maps. Even the new Osiris maps are big enough to support even 8v8 gameplay if needed. Still multiple routes around the maps, lots of strategy can be used, but nope, it's 4v4, so everyone has to stick together and team shoot. blah.... All it's done is lead to garbage/boring gameplay that doesn't pander to anyone but elite 4man streamers.

Give me an 8v8 event on these maps bungie, give me some complete shooting maddness and fun.

Still waiting for a mode where we can go ham and equip exotics for every slot. They need to let people just have fun in some modes.

Amibguous Cad

Oct 25, 2017
I bought a few emotes in Destiny 1 as sort of a "thank you" for all the enjoyment I had already received from the game and to fund the live team. And then the Live team started creating holiday events that basically forced you to pay real money if you wanted anything good, which was then followed by Destiny 2 which appears to be built solely to funnel gamers towards Tess and her loot boxes. Suffice it to say, I don't feel compelled to give Bungie any extra money. What a long, ugly trip it has been since the days of paying money and being able to choose the emote we wanted. Now we get to pay money for a slot machine roll to maybe possibly get the emote, sparrow, ship, armor etc etc that we want. Whoever said "slippery slope" when Silver was introduced, pat yourself on the back. You were right.

I still don't get this. Eververse is plenty generous as it is.

Put it to you this way: if you had told me beforehand "We're going to remove sparrows, some shaders, ghost shells, etc. from normal activities, and instead make it so that you can earn random packs of them every time you level up, and can earn a currency to buy more of them" I'd have thought, "cool, now no matter what activity I'm doing now I'll always have at least something to work towards." Eververse fills an important niche in the Destiny economy even before you bring real money into it, and knowing that I'm at least working my way towards the next pack while helping out friends or wiping over and over in raids or farming public events has added more to my enjoyment of the game than the activity-dependent sparrows and the like. I can see someone coming to the opposite conclusion, but it's clearly a debatable design decision rather than unambiguously hurting the experience to monetize it.

They're also doing a pretty shitty job funneling gamers towards Eververse. Even the rarest stuff isn't that rare, the game drops luminous engrams very quickly, and the currency system to buy what you want is pretty generous. The only time I've been tempted to buy some is as a tip, because I think they did a great job with D2 and I want to fund the live team. Has anyone here really felt that pressured to use Eververse?

Cornbread78

Oct 25, 2017
Northeast USA
Still waiting for a mode where we can go ham and equip exotics for every slot. They need to let people just have fun in some modes.

That's why I'm bummed they got rid of laser tag so quickly. Going all ghost busters out there was ridiculous, but a ton of fun at the same time...

damn, I've actually started to get a little better at PvP lately:

Last 25 matches:
80 % Won
20 - 5
0.87 K/D
187 / 216

Mango Polo

Nov 2, 2017
You will be able to earn a dawning engram per character every week of the event and every piece of armour will be featured for a week at some point if you want to just straight buy it instead of RNG. This is already a huge improvement over season 1's lolrandom.

Lord Brady

Banned
Oct 26, 2017

Put it to you this way: if you had told me beforehand "We're going to remove sparrows, some shaders, ghost shells, etc. from normal activities, and instead make it so that you can earn random packs of them every time you level up, and can earn a currency to buy more of them" I'd have thought, "cool, now no matter what activity I'm doing now I'll always have at least something to work towards." Eververse fills an important niche in the Destiny economy even before you bring real money into it, and knowing that I'm at least working my way towards the next pack while helping out friends or wiping over and over in raids or farming public events has added more to my enjoyment of the game than the activity-dependent sparrows and the like. I can see someone coming to the opposite conclusion, but it's clearly a debatable design decision rather than unambiguously hurting the experience to monetize it.

They're also doing a pretty shitty job funneling gamers towards Eververse. Even the rarest stuff isn't that rare, the game drops luminous engrams very quickly, and the currency system to buy what you want is pretty generous. The only time I've been tempted to buy some is as a tip, because I think they did a great job with D2 and I want to fund the live team. Has anyone here really felt that pressured to use Eververse?
They took all the cool cosmetic items from the game and made them slot machine rolls. And they got caught fucking with the XP needed to get an engram, and their response to getting caught was making it take even longer to earn one. But the core issue remains - instead of providing incentive to do specific strikes, raids, crucible types etc, they took all those items and hid them away behind random rolls of the dice. So what did gamers do? Yep, they played the one activity over and over and over that awarded the most XP. And what did Bungie then do? They secretively altered how much XP gamers were getting and then played dumb when they got caught. There's a reason Eververse gets so much shit - it's tremendously awful game design that is built to entice gamers to pay more money. And it blew up in their face, which perversely I'm enjoying a lot. You try to screw over your consumers, you deserve all the blowback.

treemonkeys

Banned
Oct 28, 2017

Eververse is fairly generous as far as these types of free to play loot box mechanics can go. The problem is not the difficulty in getting stuff, it's how the game has been changed to accommodate it. Getting my sparrow from vault of glass was a more valuable and rewarding experience than the handful I've gotten through eververse. Now all sparrows come from eververse. You used to be able to get ships from the shipwright, leveling up vendors, strikes, crucible, iron banner, plus raid ships. Now all eververse. Getting an exotic ornament would be much better as some in game accomplishment, rather than a loot box RNG. Ultimately they should have expanded on the cosmetic rewards you got from in game stuff in D1, instead they scaled it back for eververse. What does having an exotic sparrow or ship even mean? They are just yellow in game, offer no real advantage, and were not earned through any in game challenge. But yay, it's yellow.

Oct 27, 2017

Combined Arms I miss the ;__; not many ppl liked it in d1 but it was my fav thing in destiny..you could snip ppl and it didn't feel like you was shooting in a closet. You could use your sparrow the get on the other side of the map super quick....
Real shame bungle abandoned it it was the closest thing the btb from Halo...:/

treemonkeys

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Combined Arms I miss the ;__; not many ppl liked it in d1 but it was my fav thing in destiny..you could snip ppl and it didn't feel like you was shooting in a closet. You could use your sparrow the get on the other side of the map super quick....
Real shame bungle abandoned it it was the closest thing the btb from Halo...:/

Yeah I really wish they would have expanded on the big vehicle maps rather than drop them, I mean they made a big increase for vehicle use in the campaign.

Lamonster

Nov 1, 2017
St. Louis
Me too. We've been talking about this since the early D1 days. Diablo 3 added Kanai's Cube which allows you to equip 3 "exotic" powers on top of your existing armor. Must have been a nightmare to test and QA but the end result is awesome.

watham

Oct 30, 2017
Alabama, USA

Oe6yXUB.jpg

I'm really digging the state of the game at the moment, for me at least. During vanilla (is it too early to call launch vanilla?!) I essentially ran everything in my Hunter & didn't really care to min/max my other characters, or even stock them with a variety of guns for that matter. Now, I'm actively playing & completing weekly milestones on all my characters & I have a "goal" to grind towards on each of them, i.e. Mercury gear sets & MW weapons. The game clearly still has issues, but these little things to work for have made this feel like Destiny again & I. Love. It. Hopefully the momentum will continue going forward & we will see good changes come with each update.

Beautiful guardian. I wish my alt looked half as sleek. :^P

I like the Osiris update for the most part. Well, not so much the Osiris bit but the QoL updates that came with.

Working for Masterworks for some of my primary weapons and it just feels good!
Hated the "god roll" grind of a perk system in Destiny 1 but I get why people enjoyed it. Masterworks have been a happy medium IMO.

LiK

Oct 25, 2017
Me too. We've been talking about this since the early D1 days. Diablo 3 added Kanai's Cube which allows you to equip 3 "exotic" powers on top of your existing armor. Must have been a nightmare to test and QA but the end result is awesome.

Yea, I would love it as one big mess. I'm also curious what everyone will look like equipped with all exotics.

Lord Brady

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
I'd be hard pressed to find exotic weapons that are better than the legendaries I roll with. I don't even have a single one equipped on any of my characters.

Niceguydan8

Nov 1, 2017
The problem is not the difficulty in getting stuff, it's how the game has been changed to accommodate it.

I disagree. The problem is getting one individual piece of something that a player wants. It either needs to show up on the weekly list that Tess has available or the player needs to rely on luck. There are so many pieces of loot in there (different colored Sparrows with the same model, same thing with ghosts as well) that it's pretty unlikely that the player gets any individual piece of gear that he/she wants and has no solid way of increasing his/her chances by doing a given activity.

LiK

Oct 25, 2017
I really want the Sweet Business ornament from Dawning. Looks badass. Gonna delete a bunch of shaders and ships that give dust for it.

optimus8936

Oct 25, 2017

Literally none of this is accurate.

The map size works just fine for 4s. They're about the same size as D1 maps, which were too small for 6s to begin with. The maps are far more well designed than 95% of maps in D1.

And nobody actually sticks together like that in QP. I pretty much only play an aggressive solo playstyle and it works just fine so ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

I really think people over exaggerate team shooting. It's not as important as people think.

Vic_Viper

Thanked By SGM
Oct 25, 2017
Is there a maintenance planned today? Want to hop on before work for a bit after the update/reset.

Deleted member 11976

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Can anyone on PS4 help me win 1 Trials match tonight, at maybe 9 PM EST? I want to get rid of that thing on my Milestones list to get Spire access.

PSN: souItron

I'm absolutely average at PVP, if I had to asses my own skills. I did OK in Trials on D1, got close to Lighthouse but always 1 or 2 wins away. I remember playing with friends from work when D2 Trials went live and we couldn't even win a single match. Mind you, we went in with a FT with 0 MIDAs.

Sh0k

Oct 27, 2017
Still there is no way to recover your dismantled Sparrows, Spaceships and Ghosts? I would like to have a kiosk that handles this, space for 9 of each kind of sucks.

Solid Shake

Oct 28, 2017
So I saw some completed pictures of the new trials ornaments on Reddit the other day and oh my God they look so much better than the OG trial sets.

Guess I have to start doing Trials on PC now...

VaporSnake

Oct 28, 2017

That's why I'm bummed they got rid of laser tag so quickly. Going all ghost busters out there was ridiculous, but a ton of fun at the same time...
I'm the complete opposite. I think D2 PVP is pretty engaging and fun, very, very far way from being "garbage/boring". Thought lazer tag was a total embarrassment. How anyone could have fun in that mess is beyond my comprehension.

s3ltz3r

Banned
Nov 12, 2017

They better not bring back Bad JuJu or Dark Drinker. I don't want to see yet more recycled content from Destiny 1. What happened to creativity? Is it laziness? Is it just lack of creativity for new weapons and armor? This is another huge issue with D2, besides Bungie being scummy.

Cornbread78

Oct 25, 2017
Northeast USA
What are some of the best stat sited for PvP/PvE?

I was using https://destinytracker.com/ but I know there is a better one out there for both individual and clan stats.

I'm the complete opposite. I think D2 PVP is pretty engaging and fun, very, very far way from being "garbage/boring". Thought lazer tag was a total embarrassment. How anyone could have fun in that mess is beyond my comprehension.

Melting dudes and having laser beams fly all over the place was a great break from the normal meta Antiope/Mita/Uriels gameplay. The battle between rockets/grenades/lasers was just a unique and fun experience. I wouldn't want it everyday, but it was good stuff and caused a lot of laughs in PvP

Oct 25, 2017
I'd be hard pressed to find exotic weapons that are better than the legendaries I roll with. I don't even have a single one equipped on any of my characters.
Yeah that's me as well especially with MW weapons generating orbs. Honestly so few of the exotic guns feel like they are worth using once you start getting 335 legendary guns. I really want crimson mostly because i think i would actually use it lol.

optimus8936

Oct 25, 2017
They better not bring back Bad JuJu or Dark Drinker. I don't want to see yet more recycled content from Destiny 1. What happened to creativity? Is it laziness? Is it just lack of creativity for new weapons and armor? This is another huge issue with D2, besides Bungie being scummy.
lol

There's nothing wrong with bringing back old content. Triple A games do this all the time. Why leave what you did for the last 3 years to rot?

Calling it "scummy" is comical and it's funny how much people praise D1, but despise it when we get D1 stuff in D2.

demi

Oct 27, 2017
All D1 exotics are nerfed to the ground to fit D2's chuck e cheese ballpit environment anyway. Go nuts

Imagine bringing back Saint 14 Helm in an environment when bubble is absolute garbage LOL

Solid Shake

Oct 28, 2017

I don't mind seeing old stuff come back.

I do mind seeing old stuff come back in place of new stuff that should also be there.

Deleted member 4541

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
The user was warned for this post. The "lazy devs" rhetoric is incredibly toxic and dismissive, and therefore is frowned upon here.

Yes. They're the laziest of lazy.

IMO, the original exotics shouldn't have been taken out of D2 anyways. D2 takes place in the same world as D1, so it's always been weird to me that these guns just VANISHED.. all of them. I imagine having to re-earn them all from the beginning would have resulted in the same shit storm that presenting old exotics as new content has received, but at this point, I don't think anyone is going to praise Bungies decision making. Then I take into account having to balance/code ALL those weapons & I start to understand why they aren't there, but damnit how does that shit just disappear?

EDIT - I'll put /s next time so that everyone knows I don't think Bungie is lazy, far from it.

Last edited:

Solid Shake

Oct 28, 2017
All D1 exotics are nerfed to the ground to fit D2's chuck e cheese ballpit environment anyway. Go nuts

Imagine bringing back Saint 14 Helm in an environment when bubble is absolute garbage LOL

Yeah...

If they going to keep bubble the way it is S14 could do with some love, I don't even have a titan on PC but even I know that it got guttered.

It's like the Graviton Forfeit, poor thing gives an extra second or so of invisibility which is only effective on one subclass. WHY. Just make it where dodges make you go invisible.

s3ltz3r

Banned
Nov 12, 2017
lol

There's nothing wrong with bringing back old content. Triple A games do this all the time. Why leave what you did for the last 3 years to rot?

Calling it "scummy" is comical and it's funny how much people praise D1, but despise it when we get D1 stuff in D2.

Why can't Bungie just create...new and refreshing exotics. Fresh new exotics can just breath life into a game that already has issues. Putting in in recycled content just adds to the blandness. I might as well just play D1, when Supers were fun and Exotics actually felt like exotics. People praise D1 because it felt fresh and new, and it was. D2 should have taken the Destiny franchise into another level, but it didn't.

And my scummy comment was in reference to Bungie's behaviors towards the players (nerfing XP, 3oC...etc. No transparency.)