Votes: 207 12.6%
  • Thor: The Dark World

Votes: 354 21.6%

• Total voters

Deleted member 32679

User requested account closure
Banned
Nov 12, 2017

Dunkey thinks the game is a failure and an embarrassment for Kojima. Also some light spoilers included.
1/5

Last edited:

Deleted member 44122

does the video spoil or show anything that we havent seen in any trailers yet?

IronFalcon1997

One Winged Slayer
Jun 11, 2018
This is gonna be good. (Both the video and the inevitable salt from everyone who loved it saying that he's objectively wrong)

Dyle

One Winged Slayer
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Well it definitely isn't on the same level as Knack, I think we can all agree on that

GMT Master

Oct 3, 2019
I usually agree with him and he is right.

Easily the worst thing Kojima has ever made. At least with the MGS games you had great genre defining gameplay and memorable boss fights that worked around stories and characters that seemed like they were written by an edgy teenager.

Death stranding takes the absolute worst parts of Kojima's shitty writing and storytelling and combines it with the worst game design he's ever created.

I'm starting to think that Konami kept this dude's bad impulses in check and when he was given complete control, this was the result.

VaporSnake

Oct 28, 2017
"sometimes you fall over for no reason" shows clip of him falling on terrain the game explicitly tells you'll trip on.

Rowsdower

Shinra Employee of The Wise Ones
Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Canada
When the truck gets stuck in the ravine lol.

Happened to me so many times. That area is cursed.

srtrestre

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
"the goal of death stranding is to build structures for other players, and the most satisfying structures to build are zip lines because these allow other players to skip the entire video game of death stranding"

tenor.gif

Jangowuzhere

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Can't really disagree on the writing. This is probably the worst writing in a Kojima game.

The core game itself is incredibly designed (not so much the combat though.)

ScOULaris

Oct 25, 2017
Haha, man. I know that this video doesn't paint the game in the most flattering light, but damn. What's in this video alone is enough for me to know that the game looks absolutely fucking terrible by every metric for which I enjoy games.

And I'm somewhat of a diehard Kojima fan.

--R

Being sued right now, please help me find a lawyer
Oct 25, 2017
Praying for the day he decides to stop making these.

Oct 25, 2017
it seems like he played the game as terribly as possible just to make a pissy review about it which is exactly dunkey's style also thanks for the spoilers dunkey

TheModestGun

Banned
Dec 5, 2017
This is gonna be good. (Both the video and the inevitable salt from everyone who loved it saying that he's objectively wrong)
I mean.. video games are subjective sure, but this game is by no means a failure. The game is perfectly functional, no glitches, beautiful art, amazing sound design and music, crazy story, and for me, some of the most compelling gameplay I've experienced this generation.

Dunkey is entitled to his opinion completely. But I'm deeply skeptical of anyone that gives hyperbolically bad reviews to any game that is perfectly functional and well produced.

Charamiwa

Oct 25, 2017
Dunkey loves system driven sandboxes like MGSV and BotW so I really thought I might like that one.

The thing that really baffles me about Death Strnding is why it doesn't use ragdoll and physics for the falls. So much of the game is based on climbing and the terrain and yet it goes full animation priority which looks terrible and not nearly as fun as a good ol' tumbling down a mountain in Havok.