IDontBeatGames

ThreadMarksman
Oct 29, 2017
New York
Blade-logo.jpg

Source

In what comes as no surprise, Marvel Studios' Blade won't be coming out on Nov. 7, 2025, rather Disney is opening 20th Century Studios' Predator: Badlands.

In addition, three untitled Marvel movies are dated for Feb. 18, 2028, May 5, 2028 and Nov. 10, 2028.

ZeoVGM

Oct 25, 2017
Providence, RI
deadline.com

Marvel Studios’ ‘Blade’ Removed From 2025 Release Schedule, Disney Dates ‘Predator: Badlands’ Instead

'Blade' Removed From 2025 Schedule, 'Predator: Badlands' Dated: Disney Release Dates
In what comes as no surprise, Marvel Studios' Blade won't be coming out on Nov. 7, 2025, rather Disney is opening 20th Century Studios' Predator: Badlands.

In addition, three untitled Marvel movies are dated for Feb. 18, 2028, May 5, 2028 and Nov. 10, 2028.

Dest

Has seen more 10s than EA ever will
Coward
Jun 4, 2018
Work
LET ME DO IT LET ME DO IT I HAVE A SICK ASS PLAYLIST OF 90S TECHNO MUSIC TO SET THE WHOLE THING TO I SWEAR IT'LL BE FUCKING SICK

Stooge

Oct 29, 2017
Been saying this for a while. I have a friend who was working on this and he was told to get other work like 2 years ago

Skel1ingt0n

Oct 28, 2017
A shame as it's, legit, like the only MCU film I've been excited for in years.

Only other thing I care about is the inevitable X-Men.

MrPink

Oct 27, 2017
Probably not happening. A creative mess behind the scenes and I can't imagine there's much reward in terms of this being a building block for their grander plans so they'll just shelve it. Marvel is probably all in on getting things under control and ensuring Doomsday/Secret Wars works out and Blade has no place in that. By then Ali will not want to hang around much longer

A shame because Ali as Blade was perfect casting.

Zebesian-X

Dec 3, 2018
At this point its no surprise, there was no chance it was hitting that date

It's just baffling they're struggling with a concept like this. It's Blade!!!!! Don't overthink it!!!

Jawmuncher

Crisis Dino
Oct 25, 2017
Ibis Island
Not surpising. As rumoured (by THR) it seems Mahershala Ali wanted this to be a Black Panther style cultural moment which was unrealistic.

If that's the case, I find that rather surprising because I'd argue on the side that it probably could be.
Especially as unlike Black Panther at the time, Blade has a stronger starting part even when rebooted in-terms of audience knowledge. Especially after the success of Deadpool & Wolverine (and that's not even counting that there's a blade in it).

Minthara

Freelance Market Director
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
Montreal
To me this project is turning out like Ant-Man, where it was announced with one set of expectations and the repeated delays is going to lead to a very different project by the time it comes out.

Oct 26, 2017
Ryan Coogler and Christopher Nolan are putting out vampire movies before BLADE!

Unbelievable!
Might as well cancel it at this point and take the L.

Bláthanna

Feb 15, 2023
Ireland
The movie will be canned and in 15 years Ali will show up as Blade in Marvel's Great Lakes Avengers film a la
Channing Tatum as Gambit in Deadpool & Wolverine.

KDC720

Oct 25, 2017
I think we'll get the news Mahershala has exited the project in the coming weeks. If that happens then this is dead.

Real shame, this could have been really good.

Strike

Oct 25, 2017
Yeah, It's done. At least this current incarnation. Just waiting on the update about Mahershala walking away.

Aiqops

Aug 3, 2021
blade-wesley-snipes.gif

Make old man Blade with Wesley Snipes. Hire Stahelski or Leitch. Can even be Midnight Suns with him leading the team.

Barrel Cannon

It's Pronounced "Aerith"
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Probably not happening. A creative mess behind the scenes and I can't imagine there's much reward in terms of this being a building block for their grander plans so they'll just shelve it. Marvel is probably all in on getting things under control and ensuring Doomsday/Secret Wars works out and Blade has no place in that. By then Ali will not want to hang around much longer

A shame because Ali as Blade was perfect casting.
I don't mean this as a jab to you but honestly fuck the grand plan. Not every marvel project needs to link up to their mega event/avengers movies. Why can't we have more projects that are just meant to be stand alone.