SageShinigami

Oct 27, 2017
Writers can never seem to decide on his power levels. During Pre-Crisis he was able to do silly things like sneeze and take out a galaxy or juggle planets, then Post-Crisis he couldn't lift a mountain. Most recently, he was de-powered to start off The Warworld Saga. He was battling an alien threat that weakened him considerably, to the point that he had to rely on someone using spells to periodically juice him up so he could still look like Superman.

Coming out of The Warworld Saga though, he was exposed to a White Sun. The writers and even Superman himself said he was "stronger than ever", but we never got an idea of what that meant until the most recent Action Comics. After being trapped on Warworld, he comes back to another Lex Luthor plot. Luthor tries to manipulate Superman, but when he realizes he can't do so, he teleports him off to the Canis Major system. If my "research" is right, that's about 25,000 light years from Earth. Here's how that plays out.

abWrUWN.png

He teleports him off...25000 light years away....

jUOnsRY.png

Superman comes back literally seconds later and talks about how concepts like weight, distance, and spacetime hold no meaning to him anymore.

In case you've come here to be boring it is very likely he will not stay at this level of power for long. Phillip K Johnson likely wants him at this level for the scale of stories they'll be telling, though.

I also think its funny how unintentionally DC just put the Superman vs Goku discussion to bed again.

Slayven

Never read a comic in his life
Oct 25, 2017
Sounds like chris Kent from Arena, basically Superman who's ship crashed in tibet and was found by monks. He could do shit like grab heat vision

latest

Kelsdesu

Oct 25, 2017
Sounds like chris Kent from Arena, basically Superman who's ship crashed in tibet and was found by monks. He could do shit like grab heat vision

latest
I HAVE LITERALLY BEEN LOOKING FOR THIS PANEL OMG!!!!!!! This was when Monarch imprisoned multiple Supermen. This is the perfect Superman IMO.

Terraforce

One Winged Slayer
The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
Saint Seiya characters are laughing at how cute that 25k light year feat is.

kKM2kT7.jpg

Feb 1, 2018
Texas
Doesn't sound like he's using super speed to travel, but that he can just open up a wormhole to close any distance instantly.

As for the weight, he can probably just manipulate the mass to make it weightless, instead of just having infinite strength or whatever.

Sulik2

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
God that costume looks awful. Why did they ditch the New 52 look? That was easily the best supes costume ever.

OP
OP
SageShinigami

SageShinigami

Oct 27, 2017
Saint Seiya characters are laughing at how cute that 25k light year feat is.

kKM2kT7.jpg

Yeah, but Superman can actually provide interesting fight scenes so there's that.

Doesn't sound like he's using super speed to travel, but that he can just open up a wormhole to close any distance instantly.

As for the weight, he can probably just manipulate the mass to make it weightless, instead of just having infinite strength or whatever.

The wormhole thing looks to be accurate. The weight thing probably not, they haven't really clarified one way or another.

Deleted member 171

Oct 25, 2017
"I can cross distances that cease to be distance" is a good line tho

Temp_User

Oct 30, 2017
"BFR (battlefield removal) is not effective anymore boys!"

I kinda miss Rumbles/Vs forums now tbh.

L Thammy

Spacenoid
Oct 25, 2017
That was Wally faster than Teleport
4sj9el6r8me71.jpg
Speaking of Black Racer, I vaguely remember seeing an unrelated video where he came up, and the person claimed that whoever created him did so because it was the idea of an old war buddy or something. Is there any truth to that? I can't seem to dig anything up about it.

Slayven

Never read a comic in his life
Oct 25, 2017
Speaking of Black Racer, I vaguely remember seeing an unrelated video where he came up, and the person claimed that whoever created him did so because it was the idea of an old war buddy or something. Is there any truth to that? I can't seem to dig anything up about it.
I don't know about that, but Black racer's human form is a black army vet in a coma, who was chosen by the source. I wouldn't be shocked if he was created as an homage.