Glasfrut

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017

Dropping on the 26th of this month.

Unflinching and boundary-pushing, Dave gives his provocative perspective on the tidal wave of celebrity scandals, the opioid crisis, and more -- in trademarked Chappelle fashion. Dave Chappelle's Sticks & Stones streams August 26, only on Netflix.

Link

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
I love that I knew it was going to be Morgan Freeman just from the thread title.

Dimple

Jan 10, 2018
tenor.gif

Deception

Nov 15, 2017
Honestly, when I die and go to heaven, i'll be disappointed if God doesn't have Morgan Freeman's voice.

Sleuth

alt account
Banned
Jul 18, 2019
Thats awesome. Dude is fucking hilarious. Pretty much the only comedy specials I rewatch.

GeoGonzo

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Madrid, Spain
Eh, I'll probably watch because he's legit very funny but... I hope this "sticks and stones" title isn't about him doubling down on "I guess some people may be offended but fuck em"

Komo

Info Analyst
Verified
Jan 3, 2019
Holy shit didn't know it was coming, also Netflix just flexing their cash since they probably flew out there to flim instead of just greenscreening it.

DrewFu

Attempted to circumvent ban with an alt-account
Banned
Apr 19, 2018
I'm in. He's my fav all time.

Also, wtf is up with that long shirt? lol

TheGhost

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Long Island
I'm ready....but what's up with that shirt, he loves wearing those, but they seem like an exaggeration of big shirts from the 90's but a slim fit.

Dude bulked up, he use to just be a stick.

SArcher

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
The last two were pretty bad, he's nowhere near the level he used to be.

Deleted member 7148

Oct 25, 2017
Shit... I just cancelled my subscription too since no one in the house was watching Netflix.

Ebullientprism

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I didnt quite feel the last two but I am still 100% in for this. Even when he isn't firing on all cylinders he is still great to listen to.

8byte

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt-account
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Kansas
At first I thought this was recreating that scene from Independence Day where Will Smith is walking across the desert.

Raguel

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
That is 100% what is going to happen
It's exactly what happened at his most recent show. Saw him and Jon Stewart last week. Chappelle just doubles down on his transphobia and even mentions how an up and coming transgendered comedian loved and supported his jokes. It was the "I have a black friend" line of defense.

He also defended Kevin Hart and Louis CK. It was a disappointment.

Enduin

You look 40
Oct 25, 2017
New York
I hope this "sticks and stones" title isn't about him doubling down on "I guess some people may be offended but fuck em"
Yeah that's where my thoughts were going when I read that title. His last two Netflix specials were OK, he's still one of the better comedians out there, but nowhere near as good as his Killin' Them Softly or For What It's Worth. And while they were OK and even had some extremely deep and contemplative stuff in them, they were pretty much ruined by both featuring some really transphobic and just ignorant shit revealing his inability to get over his own pride. And it seems like we're going to see even more of that.

OutofMana

Oct 25, 2017
California
Sticks and Stones, huh? I'm guessing this will be another old comedian talking about how people today are too sensitive. At least Dave is funny

Uno Venova

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Perfect, his last two specials were hilarious. And it looks like he's not pulling any punches going by the title.