• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Alek

Games User Researcher
Verified
Oct 28, 2017
You don't know what to think of a girl wanting to make out with you? :P

Ah it's not that. It's just all of a sudden she was all over me, like I was about to join the army or something, y'know? She was affectionate before, but suddenly she was going crazy for me, and she couldn't just walk away. It was good, but suddenly very intense.

Quantum Leap

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
California
IMO 2 months is still pretty early.
Eh not really, I've been dating my girlfriend for almost 3 months but it feels like much longer. I guess it just depends on the types of experiences you go through on those dates.

When we were hanging out, she was often cuddling up to me, and during a couple of points I noticed her humming a song - it was Elvis', 'I can't help but falling in love with you'.
Okay I can totally see why people would think you're making stuff up. You make your stories sound like chick flicks lmao.

Servbot24

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Ah it's not that. It's just all of a sudden she was all over me, like I was about to join the army or something, y'know? She was affectionate before, but suddenly she was going crazy for me, and she couldn't just walk away. It was good, but suddenly very intense.
Oh, maybe she's getting the impression you're not moving after all? I remember with my ex I was dating in college she was getting ready to graduate, we had never discussed plans after that and then I told her if she had to move I would go with her anywhere. That was like a weight was suddenly lifted off her and some intense making out followed.

For the first date I have we're all set for sushi on Tuesday. Looking forward to it, but since I haven't gone out in a year, not to mention it being a new year, just gotta remember to keep expectations in check. That said I'm fairly happy I was able to set this up since we first messaged right before I had to leave town for two weeks, so I'm kinda surprised she kept up the messaging all that time. :P

Subpar Scrub

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Chronospherics Sounds like she's got the feels for you man, if you're moving to Canada and neither of you are willing to do a long distance, maybe consider talking about what you two are and how it's going to be going forward so that she's not as upset when you go.

You say "I think it's going pretty well", but what exactly is "it"? If it's a relationship, you definitely need to talk about moving in the future. If it's a casual thing with NSA, then sure, that's fine.

Also, that taxi driver is super patient lol, I probably would've driven off.

Okay I can totally see why people would think you're making stuff up. You make your stories sound like chick flicks lmao.

Yeah I can see that too lmao

Solid Shake

Oct 28, 2017
Well after getting dumped by my girlfriend of 3 years that I was eventually planning on marrying I don't even know how to get back into the dating scene.

Besides the awful immense awful emptiness I'm feeling literally all the time, losing my best friend (when I barely have any to begin with) really hurts. I definitely her breaking up with me was justified, I was getting too caught up in stupid shit like games that I pushed her aside without realizing it and feel like such a shitty person. The main benefit of this is I don't even care about games at all right now so I'm much more productive, but wow this feeling of dread is just the worst because it just doesn't go away.

It's been about 2 months now and I'm trying to reach on to anything on Tinder and this is just frustrating. Girls usually either don't reply and the few that do are usually don't seem to be interesting at all (typical country girl fishing, mudding, hunting lingo). The thought of starting everything over is so shitty but I also want to forget how much I love that god damn girl.

Not to mention I live in Louisiana and have trouble growing a full beard, which is something 70% of profiles mention is a must... and they mention they want people with dogs.. my landlords won't let me have pets. Fuck me. I miss being in New York where the Tinders weren't so... country.

Oct 25, 2017
China
Fishing and hunting girls actually sound pretty great. Outdoors doing things is a million miles better than just watching Netflix girls. Take this as an opportunity to just go out and have fun and stop being so negative. So what if they ask for beards and dogs? that's just a hypothetical wish list. Get a picture with a friends dog for your profile if you must.

Unducks

Nov 4, 2017
It's been about 2 months now and I'm trying to reach on to anything on Tinder and this is just frustrating. Girls usually either don't reply and the few that do are usually don't seem to be interesting at all (typical country girl fishing, mudding, hunting lingo). The thought of starting everything over is so shitty but I also want to forget how much I love that god damn girl.

First, girls list a beard as a requirement? The fuck?

Second, I relate to this completely, and I was there very recently - I think I even made a similar post on here a couple months ago. It sounds like the best thing to do would be to cut yourself off from dating until you're doing well enough that you don't feel like you're dating to fill a void, but because you want to date. Right now there's a heavy weight behind dating because your efforts are about getting back what you've lost and avoiding the emptiness and pain that comes with grief and loss. But dating isn't going to get rid of that, only time (and work, to an extent) will. If dating is used as avoidance of grief and pain, it's likely going to continue to be a painful process that feels frustrating and pressured. If you can date and have it be fun and not have this pressure, great - but it sounds like that's not in the cards yet.

You talk about not wanting to start over. You're not starting over. Your next relationship will be entirely new. You're not replaying the old one. That one's done. Grieve for that one until you're ready to experience something entirely new without comparing to the last one and trying to recreate it.

Take some time for yourself, deal with the breakup, and get to a point where you're healthy and okay with being alone. Don't get a beard for dating if you don't want one, don't get a dog for dating if you don't want one, and definitely don't date when you need it to be successful enough that you would consider making those kinds of compromises. It sounds like this is a time when you need to just confront your grief and get healthy rather than bashing your head against this wall.

It seems like loneliness is a big element here, so use that energy you're putting into dating toward expanding your social life instead. Find a club, volunteer, anything to meet some new people.

Last edited:

Champa

Banned
Oct 29, 2017
Im emailing my ex lol im a broken mess even after having sex with a chick I cant stop thinking about my love
Last year I was with her at this time celebrating new yeRs im a lil saucy sober not so much maybe :(

Last edited:

Solid Shake

Oct 28, 2017
First, girls list a beard as a requirement? The fuck?

Second, I relate to this completely, and I was there very recently - I think I even made a similar post on here a couple months ago. It sounds like the best thing to do would be to cut yourself off from dating until you're doing well enough that you don't feel like you're dating to fill a void, but because you want to date. Right now there's a heavy weight behind dating because your efforts are about getting back what you've lost and avoiding the emptiness and pain that comes with grief and loss. But dating isn't going to get rid of that, only time (and work, to an extent) will. If dating is used as avoidance of grief and pain, it's likely going to continue to be a painful process that feels frustrating and pressured. If you can date and have it be fun and not have this pressure, great - but it sounds like that's not in the cards yet.

You talk about not wanting to start over. You're not starting over. Your next relationship will be entirely new. You're not replaying the old one. That one's done. Grieve for that one until you're ready to experience something entirely new without comparing to the last one and trying to recreate it.

Take some time for yourself, deal with the breakup, and get to a point where you're healthy and okay with being alone. Don't get a beard for dating if you don't want one, don't get a dog for dating if you don't want one, and definitely don't date when you need it to be successful enough that you would consider making those kinds of compromises. It sounds like this is a time when you need to just confront your grief and get healthy rather than bashing your head against this wall.

It seems like loneliness is a big element here, so use that energy you're putting into dating toward expanding your social life instead. Find a club, volunteer, anything to meet some new people.

Yeah that's pretty much my thoughts, unfortunately there isn't much going on in my town, all we really have is bars unless your in college. There was a lot more room for activities in NY.

But yeah, Louisiana Tinder is weird with some strange requirements, because basically everyone down here is a manly man that's what most girls want, it's much different from what I'm used to. You're right about the starting over bit though, whenever it does happen again it'll be new without any of the baggage from before I suppose, still it sucks. 3 years, just gone.

I'd love to get a dog anyway, regardless of Tinder though, that'd help some with the loneliness too xD

Im emailing my ex lol im a broken mess even after having sex with a chick I cant stop thinking about my love
Last year I was with her :(

Stay strong, it gets better.... it just takes a while... :|

Champa

Banned
Oct 29, 2017
Its been since Oct 28th that's been a while yet im still fucked up since im still texting her
Im not strong she was basically my first real gf in term of long term relationship.
I had hoped she didn't answer me back :(

Last edited:

Subpar Scrub

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Its been since Oct 28th that's been a while yet im still fucked up since im still texting her
Im not strong she was basically my first real gf in term of long term relationship.
I had hoped she didn't answer me back :(

I strongly recommend cutting all contact with her. Unfollow her on social media, delete her number and email. You won't be able to move on if you constantly keep putting her to the forefront of your mind like this, so be proactive and put her behind you man.

Jersey_Tom

Banned
Dec 2, 2017
Feeling like I just broke up with my girlfriend of over two years. Used to be together on the East coast but she moved away for a better job. Been trying to find work out there but it's been slow going for about four months now.

The distance I think has fostered a lot of distrust. I won't sit here and say I'm the perfect guy. I could have been more amicable to the kinds of things she wanted to do throughout the relationship though I thought I at least showed I was willing to be better.

But from the moment she left I think she resented the fact that I wasn't out there with her and that I wasn't about to promise her that I was going to be there in short order. Fact was I was trying to be a realist. This led to issues with priorities. If I didn't call her or text her enough I wasn't making her a priority. To be fair I had gotten into a routine. I work odd hours so I couldn't exactly call her after her job or after mine. If I was tired after work and just planned on going to bed then she felt I was disinterested in talking. So I would FaceTime her on my off days instead of throughout the week, in which we would just text. I didn't exactly try hard to break it since there was always something going on that I could say that I was too busy to FaceTime for more than a couple of minutes. The thought that a couple of minutes wasn't good enough kept me from FaceTiming at all.

Things blew up a bit recently when we thought we'd be having a dinner together with her family on a trip she was taking here. I had won a trip a couple of nights before we were due to be together from a company party. I had told her of the prospects of me winning and she told me that I should go if I won. Later should would reveal to me that she regretted telling me that I should go and then turned it on me asking why I went when I knew we had plans. I likely should have declined the trip for the sake of the relationship, which in retrospect I absolutely see as an issue of prioritization and not taking her feelings more into account. Instead I treated it more like she was trying to test me and asked why she waited so long to tell me she didn't want me to go, to which she told me she didn't want to look like the bad guy.

This led to me making some comment about how I didn't think either of us placed eachother as a priority, as I think I was also harboring some resentment of my own that she chose to seek out her career instead of being with me, even though I told her she should go and still feel like she made the right choice for her. I think I resented that I was essentially a fallback and she had told me straight out if she didn't move away from here she would be absolutely miserable. If she didn't get the job we would have moved in together, but that lingering thought would still be with me.

A close friend of my family recently passed away. When we first started dating her grandparents who essentially raised her both had passed away in shortly before. I had one previous death in my family since we started dating, one of my grandmothers. She had developed dementia and by the time she passed she had no idea who I was, and hadn't for quite some time. It was a bit easier for me to deal with her death after accepting that the person I loved had gone from this Earth months prior. My friend's death was much more sudden and unexpected and mhm grieving process had changed. There was about a week in between when he became ill, passed away, and then buried, all right around Christmas. Driving back from the funeral to work as I was unable to get off we talked a little bit about the service and then shifted away from talking about the funeral. After a while I started thinking back to my friends and became quiet which she took as me ignoring her. In the past I would run out of things to say and would just kinda shut down and listen to what she had going on so she figured this was a similar situation. More on this in a minute.

Fast forward to today, my best friend and his fiancé message me asking if I can come down to their new place to paint. I volunteer and head down. I message the girlfriend as I do every morning to wish her good morning and show her a picture with me and my friend painting the walls. She says hi and then things go silent. I ask two hour later what she was up to and she tells me. Conversation putters out. Eventually I head over to another friend's house where they're hosting a NYE party. I FaceTime the girlfriend after excusing myself from the festivities two hours before the ball drop to talk to her with my attention undivided after painting and then being social with a bunch of people I don't see very often. She's very short with me and upset over the fact that she thinks that I was keeping the fact I was going down to the Shore from her although it was last minute. I don't know how to respond to that so I seize up and she hangs up. So I start texting her apologizing and explaining the situation which she counter a with telling me this is all the same song and dance of me not making her a priority; that I'll run down at the drop of a hat to help my friends but that I don't do enough for her. She then drops the line that she was holding a grudge over the fact that I shut down on her on the day of my friend's death. I take exception to it, saying I won't apologize for my feelings as they came to me that day and how dare she insinuate that I'm using my friend's death as an excuse to not talk to her. I tell her that I never questioned how she reacted to the deaths of her grandparents or how long she's held onto them which gives her no right to tell me how I should be handling my friend's death. This spirals into a conversation about how I apparently didn't show enough interest in her grandparents or slideshows she made for events honoring them, something which I honestly can't remember her bringing up, as I've thought I've always been attentive when she's showed me pictures of her grandparents.

And so this leads to a stalemate currently where I think both of us are just waiting to tell the other one we're officially through. She made a threat to cancel plans we had and I called her bluff on it. So it'll likely be a waiting game until tomorrow morning when I text her to see where we stand, if she'll answer me. A sorry way to go for my longest relationship with someone.

Subpar Scrub

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Hey Jersey_Tom, sorry to hear about the fighting and such. Unfortunately LDR's go downhill a lot of the time, and attacking each other probably wasn't conducive to maintaining a healthy relationship, though I imagine you're aware of that.

If you haven't already you need to explain all of this that you're feeling to your girlfriend. Make sure that if you do, you use terms like "we" and "us" to make it more inclusionary and less aggressive.

Looks like you've vented quite a bit there, which is fine and we're cool with that, but is there a single particular question or a specific issue you'd like to talk about? Let us know, man.

element

Oct 27, 2017
Turning 38 I have found dating to be more and more difficult as I get older. Having never been married, have no kids and don't own a house feels like I have a scarlet letter or something.

Any suggestions from some of the older people of Reset?

Wetwork

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Colorado
Dating in 2017 brought me no success; actually. Let me rephrase- in 2017 I've had some really outgoing confidence, I approached the women I was attracted to, and even if every time I did it didn't work out the way I initially hoped (mostly because they were already in a relationship); however, i've made a couple really great friends!

The most recent one is such an amazing person, and just knowing her is a drive to get out and find someone out there. I think i'm going to have to go and try my luck online - I'm not in any rush, and I have a full new year to get started. But I definitely think it's time- Its finally to the point where I'm the one and only single friend lol

Oct 25, 2017
China
Turning 38 I have found dating to be more and more difficult as I get older. Having never been married, have no kids and don't own a house feels like I have a scarlet letter or something.

Any suggestions from some of the older people of Reset?
You cross a line when you are passed 40 and become more desirable particularly if you have steady job and a home. If you at least can pay the rent even if you don't own then you should be OK. Having no kids is a plus, but you need to be aware she may have kids and accept that. That 30 to 40 period is tough though.

element

Oct 27, 2017
You cross a line when you are passed 40 and become more desirable particularly if you have steady job and a home. If you at least can pay the rent even if you don't own then you should be OK. Having no kids is a plus, but you need to be aware she may have kids and accept that. That 30 to 40 period is tough though.
I have a steady (as much as anyone) paid well, but can't afford to buy in Seattle, ha. But live in a neat neighborhood. I'd say I have my shit together, kinda. The place of having no kids is actually meeting people around my own age. Going out, I meet more people in their early 30's or younger. Since I don't have kids, I really don't meet people my own age who probably have children of their own. A couple years ago I did have to flip the switch that more people I'd probably meet would be divorced and probably have kids.

Solid Shake

Oct 28, 2017
Dating in 2017 brought me no success; actually. Let me rephrase- in 2017 I've had some really outgoing confidence, I approached the women I was attracted to, and even if every time I did it didn't work out the way I initially hoped (mostly because they were already in a relationship); however, i've made a couple really great friends!

The most recent one is such an amazing person, and just knowing her is a drive to get out and find someone out there. I think i'm going to have to go and try my luck online - I'm not in any rush, and I have a full new year to get started. But I definitely think it's time- Its finally to the point where I'm the one and only single friend lol

Getting confidence is great, that's an issue I have. I'm glad you're making progress and getting comfortable with that.

Subpar Scrub

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Dating in 2017 brought me no success; actually. Let me rephrase- in 2017 I've had some really outgoing confidence, I approached the women I was attracted to... snip... just knowing her is a drive to get out and find someone out there. I think i'm going to have to go and try my luck online - I'm not in any rush, and I have a full new year to get started. But I definitely think it's time

Sounds like a solid mindset to have dude. Though you may define having a stable relationship as success, honing your social skills and getting yourself out there has undoubtedly assisted you in your pursuit for such a relationship, so try not to get too bogged down with the "no success" stuff haha.

Sygma

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
We've been on about 10-15 dates now, over the last 5-6 weeks.

I know I overthink things, for sure. I apologised to her and said I was just having a shit day. With that said, it is annoying if a girl arranges a date, then cancels right before you're supposed to meet, especially if you've booked places to go, and things like that... maybe it's just me...

That's when you're supposed to step up

"Look I booked all of these in order to respect and value your time, so we re going out as planned. I'll pick you up at XXX"

If she's constantly blowing you off as you said it's simply because she knows she can get away with it, while you ll come back for some more every single time. Respect yourself a little bit and put her back in place, otherwise enjoy the unecessary dark thoughts leading to the inevitable "but why is she doing all of this, I haven't done anything wrong?!"

One step at a time to the FriendZone™

You're supposed to be your own man in the first place.

Use the "ok well let me know when you change your mind" a little bit more, and cut the conversation short. Drop the phone, don't text, don't contact her until she does after she cancels a date. That's all there is to it. And you also go back to a slow cycle of dates (1 or 2 per week top)

Not wondering what you're up to = no space created in her mind or heart = she doesn't miss you = no interest created because of the absence

Oct 25, 2017
China
I have a steady (as much as anyone) paid well, but can't afford to buy in Seattle, ha. But live in a neat neighborhood. I'd say I have my shit together, kinda. The place of having no kids is actually meeting people around my own age. Going out, I meet more people in their early 30's or younger. Since I don't have kids, I really don't meet people my own age who probably have children of their own. A couple years ago I did have to flip the switch that more people I'd probably meet would be divorced and probably have kids.
Have you tried online dating? That would widen your options becuse it is tough when the majority of your peers are in relationships and are not as social. Being divorced isn't a negative so don't discount women or think less of them for that, not that you've given any indication you think that BTW.

Subpar Scrub

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
That's when you're supposed to step up

"Look I booked all of these in order to respect and value your time, so we re going out as planned. I'll pick you up at XXX"

I feel like saying this in response to her canceling is liable to end in a fight. It's basically "I respect and value your time, so fuck your cancellation, get ready because we're going out regardless." This advice is founded in the assumption that the other party wants to go out but is playing games or something, so I can't imagine it'd work out well if the other party genuinely doesn't want to go out.

If she's constantly blowing you off as you said it's simply because she knows she can get away with it, while you ll come back for some more every single time. Respect yourself a little bit and put her back in place

Jesus dude, they've been on like 15-16 dates over 5 weeks by his own admission. That's a bunch. Sometimes people would rather not go out than go out and be in a bad mood or super tired. They've been meeting up like, 3 or more times a week, no need to "put her back into place" or whatever dominating redpill-esque stuff you're saying. Chrono has mentioned just earlier today about how stuff is going well.

One step at a time to the FriendZone™

You're supposed to be your own man in the first place.

Not wondering what you're up to = no space created in her mind or heart = she doesn't miss you = no interest created because of the absence

All of this tells me that you didn't bother to catch up with Chrono's posts before you replied to his post from like 4 days ago and reads like you're just copy-pasting crap from a self-help book or something instead of applying thoughtful advice to his specific situation.

Sygma

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
[user was banned: 24-hour timeout] Continuing to make heated remarks, attacking users after a prior warning
All of this tells me that you didn't bother to catch up with Chrono's posts before you replied to his post from like 4 days ago and reads like you're just copy-pasting crap from a self-help book or something instead of applying thoughtful advice to his specific situation.

You actually should read what kind of card he played because there's no way someone who actually cares remain insensitive to it

Also I'm fucking tired of reading "these are games". If you cant respect yourself enough don't put your weak shit on me, ty

When you re making a plan and everything, if the girl shows flakiness it's your job to tell her that you made all the arrangements since there was an agreement. So yeah, indeed, you re going to pick her up unless she completely bails. If she does so then you re done trying until she contacts you so you can offer a date again

Now chrono is quite skilled at manipulating people and he absolutely knows by saying that since he's going away, he's not sure where it will end up

Guess what, it is scientifically proven by a LOT of easily findable studies that women are more attracted to men whose feelings are unclear. On top of that he's like "im going away soon..." which in a negotiation is the biggest power you can have since it basically tells that he's willing / able to walk away. And no one, again, is cold to that argument unless you have good reasons

So yeah, please keep your knight in shining armor's kinda comment to yourself because it shows the clear lack of knowledge you have on the field. Same as ACB

I have no respect whatsoever for people doing witch hunting for the sake of it. If anything I'm only giving straightforward feedback. The girl felt for it because of a possibility of loss, no more no less, and she wanna give a really nice memory of it all

Custódio

Oct 25, 2017
Brazil, Unaí/MG
I guess break up season is real. I wanted to have the talk with my GF since before Christmas but I thought this would be very asshole-ish. I'm trying to do it now but this gotta be one of the most difficult things I have ever done. We are only dating for 10 months, and when were on our fourth month I told her that we should just be friends (I didn't really wanted to keep her as friend either) but one thing led to another, we didn't break up, and now I'm more sure than ever that we are not going to work. She's also my first real girlfriend, what makes these things even more difficult. She was even talking about marriage some time ago! I don't even know how we got in this stage.

Last edited:
Oct 25, 2017
China
I guess break up season is real. I wanted to have the talk with my GF since before Christmas but I thought this would be very asshole-ish. I'm trying to do it now but this gotta be one of the most difficult things I have ever done. We are only dating for 10 months, we when were on our fourth month I told her that we should just be friends (I didn't really wanted to keep her as friend either) but one thing led to another, we didn't break up, and now I more sure than ever that we are not going to work. She's also my first real girlfriend, what makes these things even more difficult. She was even talking about marriage some time ago! I don't even know how we got in this stage.
The first ones always the hardest, it's a learning Experiance. Hold the line and know that there will be a whole new group of women available this month so it's a good time to start dating.

element

Oct 27, 2017
Have you tried online dating? That would widen your options becuse it is tough when the majority of your peers are in relationships and are not as social. Being divorced isn't a negative so don't discount women or think less of them for that, not that you've given any indication you think that BTW.
Oh yeah. I've tired them all. Total waste of time honestly. Majority of the sites are just so broken in their most basic sense, it becomes a depressing.

I'm open, as when you get to this age you have to accept that everyone has some type of baggage.

Subpar Scrub

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Just to be clear, the difficult part for now is actually starting the talk. We didn't break up yet.

Yeah, had to do something similar a while ago man, wasn't 10 months long though. Just go in there remembering that by telling her now and not leading her on further, you're taking the option which is best for both of you in the long run. Good luck man.

So yeah, please keep your knight in shining armor's kinda comment to yourself because it shows the clear lack of knowledge you have on the field. Same as ACB

I have no respect whatsoever for people doing witch hunting for the sake of it.

It's not just for the sake of it, it's because your advice almost always seems to revert back to these weird power plays. Like, if they've been on 15 dates, don't you think it'd be weird to totally cut contact with her because she rescheduled a dinner for the following night while citing being tired and needing to attend to her "feminine needs", which I imagine entails her health? Wouldn't that appear immature? She even called during the day and asked if it was okay, giving plenty of notice and not leaving it to the last minute.

And I personally don't know how you'd attribute those last few lines to his scenario, that's why I thought they were odd and singled them out. "On the way to the friend zone" and "be your own man" don't really make sense to me in the context of his posts. They don't seem to be in response to anything specific. That's just my take on it though, I can see we have fairly differing opinions on the scenario and what we perceive as the right way to handle it.

Last edited:

Kerrick

Oct 28, 2017
Is this for dating only or relationship in general? Sorry for the long wall of text, kind of a mess right now since this is my first relationship.
Had a fight with my GF on new year's eve and I'm just wondering if I'm a sensitive douchebag.
She lives in the downtown area of the city and I live on the more popular area of town which means most of the interesting stuff (malls,dating spots etc) happens near where I live. It's about 20 minutes drive from my house to hers
Even though she has a car, I usually pick her up and either take her home again or get her an uber on me. On these uber instances, she never even mentions paying it herself.

So here's where I blew up. We were going to her sister's apartment for new year's eve by the beach which is about 4-5 minutes from here. She said she'd ask for an uber, pick me up and take us there. Yesterday morning, she asked if I could get an uber myself and when asked why, she said that her sister's house is closer to her (it's about 3-4 blocks from my house) and that she'd rather me pick her up and take us there. So, to resume this, she'd rather me take a 20 minute drive to pick her up, drive her to her sister which is about 4-5 minutes from me and take her home again. Is this a complete lack of consideration? Never would I ask this of anyone but maybe i'm just too sensitive.

This happened once before and we had a huge fight about it. We arrived from the airport and she got her car. Instead of taking me home, she left me in a mall in the middle of the way and asked me to get a cab. I wouldn't mind this too much but again, i've giver her way too many rides already so this kind of thing stings a lot.

Subpar Scrub

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Is this for dating only or relationship in general? Sorry for the long wall of text, kind of a mess right now since this is my first relationship.
Had a fight with my GF on new year's eve and I'm just wondering if I'm a sensitive douchebag.
She lives in the downtown area of the city and I live on the more popular area of town which means most of the interesting stuff (malls,dating spots etc) happens near where I live. It's about 20 minutes drive from my house to hers
Even though she has a car, I usually pick her up and either take her home again or get her an uber on me. On these uber instances, she never even mentions paying it herself.

So here's where I blew up. We were going to her sister's apartment for new year's eve by the beach which is about 4-5 minutes from here. She said she'd ask for an uber, pick me up and take us there. Yesterday morning, she asked if I could get an uber myself and when asked why, she said that her sister's house is closer to her (it's about 3-4 blocks from my house) and that she'd rather me pick her up and take us there. So, to resume this, she'd rather me take a 20 minute drive to pick her up, drive her to her sister which is about 4-5 minutes from me and take her home again. Is this a complete lack of consideration? Never would I ask this of anyone but maybe i'm just too sensitive.

This happened once before and we had a huge fight about it. We arrived from the airport and she got her car. Instead of taking me home, she left me in a mall in the middle of the way and asked me to get a cab. I wouldn't mind this too much but again, i've giver her way too many rides already so this kind of thing stings a lot.

I mean, if she has a car and can drive, it does sound like she's being pretty inconsiderate. Is there a reason why she'd want you to drive her to her sisters place and back? Like, does she drink and you don't or something? Is there a reason why she can't afford an Uber by herself?

If not, then yeah I agree with you that she's being unreasonable. In addition to that, having you pay for her Ubers instead of her paying for them herself when she doesn't want to drive is pretty bad too. If she wants to hang around your area, she should be making a conscious effort to get there herself without relying on you to either pick her up or order her a ride every time.

Also, not taking you home and just abandoning you in a mall on the way to your place is really, really shitty behaviour, I'd be angry too dude.

You mentioned you had a fight, but have you sat her down and had a serious, calm discussion about how this is all making you feel? If so, did she cite any reasons for why she's doing it or say that she'd change or anything?

Last edited:
Oct 25, 2017
China

Did you post that story about being left at a mall on GAF before? Seems familiar. Anyway, she sounds lazy and selfish so take that on balance with the rest of the relationship if you want to continue it, hope you can change her or end it.

Coolwhip

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Oh boy break up season is no joke. Good thing my girl is obsessed with me so I shouldn't be getting dumped any time soon.

The girl I was with said many times me leaving her would be the worst thing she could ever imagine and joked she would kill herself. She left me 2 weeks ago.
So yeah...

Sygma

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Someone I knew basically dumped her girlfriend at the 24th, right in the evening. Day prior "I love you and we should take it further"

Day after : couldn't think of a future with you

Needless to say I didn't keep her company for much longer after. Infuriating cowardly shit

smisk

Oct 27, 2017
FWIW dude, it took me something like 7 months to really get over my first girlfriend after our breakup. And I agree that you should cut off contact as much as possible. It's gonna be hard, but out of sight, out of mind as they say.

Edit: Whoops, meant to quote Champa in that

Last edited:

Jersey_Tom

Banned
Dec 2, 2017
Looks like you've vented quite a bit there, which is fine and we're cool with that, but is there a single particular question or a specific issue you'd like to talk about? Let us know, man.

Apologies. I think at the time I was looking more for the catharsis or just talking about it at the time I didn't think of any sort of question.

To be honest the question is really why go on? Because it feels like the relationship is damaged beyond repair. Almost every time we've talked since the trip issue and my comment about how neither of us is eachother's priority things just always seemed hostile between us.

We'd have momentary breaks where we'd talk about something unrelated like movies or something, but eventually it would just turn to how I let her down and I'm a problem and then I'd turn to say that she doesn't address her feelings until they've reached a boiling point. Last night she told me that I was emotionally abusing her by telling her that she needs to stop just lets things fester instead of trying to solve or address an issue between us which then led to her comment about my friend who passed away.

It's all been kind of going on like that. She'd make a comment questioning my character, I take offense and shoot back, she says I'm trying to flip issues on her and I tell her all she's interested in is pointing the finger and doesn't have any self-awareness herself. These were issues we were having before she moved. Not nearly as frequently but they've ramped up in the past few weeks.

As I mentioned, it feels like we're both just waiting for the other one to just make the call that we're through. When I called her bluff I told her that she's been doing nothing but looking for reasons to break-up recently and that if she truly feels certain ways then for her to call it. Things didn't exactly end on a definitive note so I'm still waiting to hear from her.

So like I said, if there's any question in all of this should I just take the leap and just call it already? Because the "we" and "us" talk has been tried and doesn't help ease the tension of a relationship where she thinks that I make it all about me and not more about her.

Oct 25, 2017
China
Apologies. I think at the time I was looking more for the catharsis or just talking about it at the time I didn't think of any sort of question.

To be honest the question is really why go on? Because it feels like the relationship is damaged beyond repair. Almost every time we've talked since the trip issue and my comment about how neither of us is eachother's priority things just always seemed hostile between us.

We'd have momentary breaks where we'd talk about something unrelated like movies or something, but eventually it would just turn to how I let her down and I'm a problem and then I'd turn to say that she doesn't address her feelings until they've reached a boiling point. Last night she told me that I was emotionally abusing her by telling her that she needs to stop just lets things fester instead of trying to solve or address an issue between us which then led to her comment about my friend who passed away.

It's all been kind of going on like that. She'd make a comment questioning my character, I take offense and shoot back, she says I'm trying to flip issues on her and I tell her all she's interested in is pointing the finger and doesn't have any self-awareness herself. These were issues we were having before she moved. Not nearly as frequently but they've ramped up in the past few weeks.

As I mentioned, it feels like we're both just waiting for the other one to just make the call that we're through. When I called her bluff I told her that she's been doing nothing but looking for reasons to break-up recently and that if she truly feels certain ways then for her to call it. Things didn't exactly end on a definitive note so I'm still waiting to hear from her.

So like I said, if there's any question in all of this should I just take the leap and just call it already? Because the "we" and "us" talk has been tried and doesn't help ease the tension of a relationship where she thinks that I make it all about me and not more about her.

Honestly, your in a feedback loop you're just going to repeat where your talking and she's not listening and projecting what she thinks you are saying not actually listening to what you are saying. I'm guessing your both young so I'd end it and move onto someone else.

Jersey_Tom

Banned
Dec 2, 2017
Honestly, your in a feedback loop you're just going to repeat where your talking and she's not listening and projecting what she thinks you are saying not actually listening to what you are saying. I'm guessing your both young so I'd end it and move onto someone else.

Young adjace.

We're both turning 30 in 2018 which I think exacerbates things as I think she had expectations going into the relationship that we'd settle down and start having kids around now, which clearly isn't happening.

smisk

Oct 27, 2017
Just wanted to write a quick thing about my dating experience in 2017: It largely sucked. Up through late November I had only been on one date in 2017, with a chick from Tinder that went nowhere. Towards the last few months of the year I pretty much gave up on dating, stopped using all my apps, and bought a fleshlight. I tried to focus on other stuff that made me happy, and rediscovered my love for music. In November I reconnected with a girl I went to high school with over facebook, without any romantic intentions. We hung out as friends a couple times, slowly started getting more flirty, and hooked up between Christmas and New Years. It's too early to tell where it'll go but I'm really enjoying things with her so far and am happier than I've been in a long time.
I don't really believe that bullshit about love finding you when you're not looking for it, but this has taught me that good things can happen when you least expect it. Hope everyone has a good 2018, things can definitely turn around even if it feels awful right now.

Alek

Games User Researcher
Verified
Oct 28, 2017
You actually should read what kind of card he played because there's no way someone who actually cares remain insensitive to it

Also I'm fucking tired of reading "these are games". If you cant respect yourself enough don't put your weak shit on me, ty

When you re making a plan and everything, if the girl shows flakiness it's your job to tell her that you made all the arrangements since there was an agreement. So yeah, indeed, you re going to pick her up unless she completely bails. If she does so then you re done trying until she contacts you so you can offer a date again

Now chrono is quite skilled at manipulating people and he absolutely knows by saying that since he's going away, he's not sure where it will end up

Guess what, it is scientifically proven by a LOT of easily findable studies that women are more attracted to men whose feelings are unclear. On top of that he's like "im going away soon..." which in a negotiation is the biggest power you can have since it basically tells that he's willing / able to walk away. And no one, again, is cold to that argument unless you have good reasons

I have no respect whatsoever for people doing witch hunting for the sake of it. If anything I'm only giving straightforward feedback. The girl felt for it because of a possibility of loss, no more no less, and she wanna give a really nice memory of it all

Sorry if I caused confusion here but I didn't tell her I might be leaving with an intent to make any sort of 'play'. I made that fact clear to her on the first day I started speaking to her on whatsapp, I've always been transparent about it, I had just not mentioned it here before.

When I first told her that she said 'well that gives me a few months to get to know you then xx'. Obviously, it is likely has helped escalate things a lot faster as she's aware I likely won't be here forever, I'm not oblivious to that.

Last edited:

JDHarbs

Oct 28, 2017
Last night was hell. My boss and I were stuck behind a counter alone together for 8 hours. Most uncomfortable time of my life. We barely acknowledged each other were there. Kind of difficult to do in retail so we were forced to communicate a few times. It was excruciating.

Then the girl showed up, and it got even more uncomfortable. Things stayed like this for the rest of the night until everyone else had left and it was just the 3 of us remaining. Luckily my boss chose to leave quietly and keep pretending like the two of us didn't exist.

Then it was just me and her. I had packed a bag of everything she gave me and planned to give it to her before I left. Good lord, the look on her face killed me as I approached her with it. She was clearly torn up about it, her voice was breaking, and she just said "please don't". I had to. There was no way this was going to work, and I had to send her a message that we needed to move on. I know we had only gone out for a month, but she was my best friend there ever since I started. I wasn't just losing a girlfriend, I was losing the closest person I had to me over the last year. For someone like me who has loneliness, anxiety, and depression problems she was everything. It started tearing me up too so I got the hell out of there fast. She was crying on my way out.

She texted me when I got home. She tried to fight for me to stay, said she loved me, and that she was losing the only good thing that had ever happened to her. I stayed strong, and kept refusing. We had to move on.

Coolwhip

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
God, I feel so low and sad. Why does she seem so okay with us never seeing each other again? My simple brain just can't understand it. :(