What Are Ya' Selling?
Oct 25, 2017
Melbourne, Australia
bullseye-movie-daredevil2003.gif

Tansut

One Winged Slayer
Avenger
Dec 16, 2017
Hey, that light? At the end of the tunnel? Guess what? That's not heaven. That's the C train!

OP
OP
ContractHolder

ContractHolder

Jack of All Streams
Oct 25, 2017
Nope, director's cut is 30 minutes longer and there's no "other versions" tab or anything.

Bummer, as I can't imagine there's any reason not to include it - it is available for purchase digitally.

Might be a pre-existing contract issue, since Fox signed a lot of exclusive contracts right before Disney bought them.

Tansut

One Winged Slayer
Avenger
Dec 16, 2017
Forgot to mention this earlier because I was so excited to get my favorite line out from the movie on here.... but this film has the distinction of having one of the funniest movie theater moments I've ever experienced.

In the scene below, at 0:13, right when the screen goes black and the sound cuts out, someone in the theater ripped the loudest, pants-shitting fart I may have ever heard in public. It's very possible it was this dude's magnum opus of comedic timing.

www.youtube.com

Daredevil Scene

Hospital scene from 2003 Daredevil film.

jph139

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Might be a pre-existing contract issue, since Fox signed a lot of exclusive contracts right before Disney bought them.
Possible but unlikely - I've been stubbornly wanting to see it without paying for it for like 10 years now, and it's never been on any streaming service or aired or any premium channel to my knowledge. It's just a matter of not bothering, I think.

_Genesis_

Aug 13, 2018
Good movie with a great soundtrack, although to be fair I was like the perfect age for it when it released and also knew nothing about Daredevil

OP
OP
ContractHolder

ContractHolder

Jack of All Streams
Oct 25, 2017
Possible but unlikely - I've been stubbornly wanting to see it without paying for it for like 10 years now, and it's never been on any streaming service or aired or any premium channel to my knowledge. It's just a matter of not bothering, I think.

You don't understand. Fox has always signed 10+ year exclusive contracts and they did a bunch literally before Disney signed the ownership paperwork.

OneTrueJack

Aug 30, 2020
Obviously he's overshadowed by the perfection that is D'Nofrio but Michael Clarke Duncan really was great as Kingpin, and Colin Farrell was a lot of fun too.

Also fun fact: This movie is weirdly tied to the first Raimi Spider-Man. The MTV animated Spidey show, which acted as a continuation of the first film, featured the MCD version of Kingpin.

Last edited:

jph139

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
You don't understand. Fox has always signed 10+ year exclusive contracts and they did a bunch literally before Disney signed the ownership paperwork.
Right, but with who? Where? How? Its not available to watch anywhere other than the usual digital storefronts it has been for 10+ years.

I can't imagine anyone at Fox specifically splitting off the Daredevil (2003) Director's Cut rights and selling them as an exclusive contract, or any service or company out there having specific interest in owning those streaming rights specifically to squat on them. It's possible but I think "both cuts are licensed together, and Disney forgot/doesn't care" is significantly more likely an explanation for an alternate version of a poorly-regarded, decades-old catalogue title.

OP
OP
ContractHolder

ContractHolder

Jack of All Streams
Oct 25, 2017
Right, but with who? Where? How? Its not available to watch anywhere other than the usual digital storefronts it has been for 10+ years.

I can't imagine anyone at Fox specifically splitting off the Daredevil (2003) Director's Cut rights and selling them as an exclusive contract, or any service or company out there having specific interest in owning those streaming rights specifically to squat on them. It's possible but I think "both cuts are licensed together, and Disney forgot/doesn't care" is significantly more likely an explanation for an alternate version of a poorly-regarded, decades-old catalogue title.

Ohhh, I didn't even realize it wasn't available for purchase. Yeah, point taken.

The Hobo

Oct 27, 2017
The playground fight between Matt and Elektra is great because it's slow and awkward. Like, you guys sure you don't want to try a few more passes at it before filming? No, well okay then.