Lifejumper

#1 Celtics fan / #7 Serbia fan
Oct 25, 2017

View: https://mobile.twitter.com/TheInSneider/status/1588312886245720064?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw%7Ctwcamp%5Etweetembed%7Ctwterm%5E1588312886245720064%7Ctwgr%5E%7Ctwcon%5Es1_&ref_url=

Cast so far:

• Amanda Stenberg
  • Jodie Turner-Smith
  • Lee Jung-jae
  • Manny Jacinto
  • Charlie Barnett
  • Dafne Keen

Description of the show said:
Lucasfilm previously described The Acolyte as "a mystery-thriller that will take the audience into a galaxy of shadowy secrets and emerging dark side powers in the final days of the High Republic era."

Back in May, showrunner Leslye Headland (Russian Doll) described the idyllic time period as "an age of wealth and innovation for the galaxy, with white-clad Jedi inspiring awe and the Dark Side of the Force seemingly erased from existence"

ew.com

'The Acolyte' 'Star Wars' series: Everything we know

Hello there! Here's everything we know so far about the upcoming 'Star Wars' series 'The Acolyte' starring Amandla Stenberg, Manny Jacinto, Jodie Turner-Smith and more.

Sargerus

▲ Legend ▲
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
I haven't been keeping up with the High Republic outside of the comics, were there any hints of the Sith at all or it was everything focused on the Nihil?

Hyun Sai

Oct 27, 2017
Who are the writers on this ? I see only the showrunner on the writing credits do far. How was "Russian doll" ?

Khanimus

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Greater Vancouver
I hope this is good. Andor had set the bar super high.
Yup. The biggest disappointment would be this collection of talent being wasted on another mediocre show when we've seen just how strong storytelling in Star Wars can be.

Who are the writers on this ? I see only the showrunner on the writing credits do far. How was "Russian doll" ?
First season was really good. Never saw the second.

Oct 27, 2017
I totally expect this to be a vanilla, funny alien toy based Star Wars show, anyone expecting another Andor is going to be disappointed I think. Going off the bat with in that direction would limit the interest in the setting going forward.

We don't need a Tony Gilroy High Republic show (yet) we need the idealised version of the setting first, then throw Gilroy in there to show us how it all really works.

Osahi

Oct 27, 2017
I totally expect this to be a vanilla, funny alien toy based Star Wars show, anyone expecting another Andor is going to be disappointed I think. Going off the bat with in that direction would limit the interest in the setting going forward.

We don't need a Tony Gilroy High Republic show (yet) we need the idealised version of the setting first, then throw Gilroy in there to show us how it all really works.

It's described as a dark mystery thriller, so it's already different from what you'd expect from Star Wars. Sure, it will have a different vibe than Andor, but it will probably be quite far removed from the Filoni and Favreau style.

When Andor was anounced I had a good feeling about it due to the talent involved, I have the same with this one. This might be a real good one.

Deleted member 11637

Oct 27, 2017
2024's shaping up to be the best year in Star Wars...ever?

DemonCarnotaur

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
NYC
After Andor it's hard to get excited for future SW because I doubt they come close to how good it is

Bengraven