• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

tommy7154

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
If this bear-market lasts until my tax returns in March... I'm going balls deep.
Thats exactly why Im thinking it wont last until then. Who knows though. Im thinking people with money right now will be buying low right now, then let it go back up for that March/April time frame to do this all again.

djplaeskool

Oct 26, 2017
I'm going to keep mining VTC despite the drop.
The network difficulty is so low right now that I'm making up for the drop in VTC value in payout volume.

ry-dog

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
REQ is doing terribly, holy crap. Went from $1 to $0.21 in a month

Brandson

Oct 26, 2017
Going to 6500 like Brandson said?!

I was pretty busy this weekend so didn't have time to post much. Being in fiat now continues to look like the best approach. If you're holding crypto still, I would look to exit on a bounce to anywhere near 7.5k BTC GDAX. Otherwise, pick your exit at your discretion. I expect a lot of volatility over the next few days.

Probability of getting sub-7k is obviously higher now (since GDAX is already at 7.2k), and in line with what I was thinking earlier in this thread. I wasn't supremely confident about the 6.5k call at the time, since so much had to happen in between, but since everything else played out with that prediction of mine, I'm inclined to trust what I was thinking then. I think 6.5k to 6.8k GDAX is a likely bounce area for BTC.

I am also hearing talk of 5k or 4k BTC. I personally think those targets are a bit ambitious for the moment. I would be surprised if BTC just dropped straight to 4k without a solid 6.5k bounce. Trade at your own risk.

DrM

Oct 26, 2017
Slovenia
I am also hearing talk of 5k or 4k BTC. I personally think those targets are a bit ambitious for the moment. I would be surprised if BTC just dropped straight to 4k without a solid 6.5k bounce. Trade at your own risk.
Well, I have a bet with a pal of mine that we will see BTC sub 4k in first half of this year :P But I think that we will bounce before that number,at around 6k - 6.5k as Bradson said

Brandson

Oct 26, 2017
Well, I have a bet with a pal of mine that we will see BTC sub 4k in first half of this year :P

Just remember when ETH crashed to $130 in July, everyone thought it would go much lower, and it didn't. Dollar cost average buys, and selling the bounces is a way to minimize risk exposure to the price moving in either direction, and could be a good strategy for these market conditions.

Donos

Nov 15, 2017
ARK at 2.75 € ... tempting. Even if it stays low for a while, the staking makes it worth. Think i'm going to send a couple hundred € to Kraken.

Dosia

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I was pretty busy this weekend so didn't have time to post much. Being in fiat now continues to look like the best approach. If you're holding crypto still, I would look to exit on a bounce to anywhere near 7.5k BTC GDAX. Otherwise, pick your exit at your discretion. I expect a lot of volatility over the next few days.

Probability of getting sub-7k is obviously higher now (since GDAX is already at 7.2k), and in line with what I was thinking earlier in this thread. I wasn't supremely confident about the 6.5k call at the time, since so much had to happen in between, but since everything else played out with that prediction of mine, I'm inclined to trust what I was thinking then. I think 6.5k to 6.8k GDAX is a likely bounce area for BTC.

Thank you. Just sold at 7500. Losses minimized to only $350

rickyson33

Banned
Nov 23, 2017
the bottom line for me is I got sick of reading stories on people making money off this stuff as I sit there too lazy to look into it more and get involved

at this point the market could literally be in bear form for years and i'd continue putting money in,because i've decided that the alternative is worse

absolute worst case scenario I miss out on a couple vacations and have nothing to show for it,fine by me

Creamie

Avenger
Nov 14, 2017
the bottom line for me is I got sick of reading stories on people making money off this stuff as I sit there too lazy to look into it more and get involved

at this point the market could literally be in bear form for years and i'd continue putting money in,because i've decided that the alternative is worse

absolute worst case scenario I miss out on a couple vacations and have nothing to show for it,fine by me

I cost average and put in $100 every two weeks into coinbase (BTC) out of my savings account. Doing my best to forget it is even there. It won't make me rich but it might be worth something in a few years.

Brandson

Oct 26, 2017
BTC has its 1W timeframe 50EMA sitting at 6.7k. Not sure how significant that will be, but I like my EMA supports, so I say watch for a bounce when BTC gets there, or a bit below there,

dmann

Oct 27, 2017
Market is crazy... Currently down 60%. I started Dec 31 catching the last bit of the bullish market before all the FUD. If it's one thing I've learned through all of this... is to take out your profits when you can and plan an exit strategy. I foolishly held some coins for far too long; got greedy and took some chances on era coins that were being shilled.

Just going to hold for the time being. If I lose it all so be it. I am tempted to put more fiat in since everything is so cheap at the moment, however not willing to take that risk just yet.

TerminusFox

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I look at it like this. EVERY single time someone has bet against Crypto, they've lost. I keep kicking myself that I didn't know about crypto back in 2013, and didn't get in early. But, I have a chance to make it right with the rise of new alt coins. At WORST, I'll have to pay back the equivalent of a student loan for a semester or two at a state college. At best, I'll be a millionaire.

There are going to be people three-five years from now wishing they had got in at this moment, where some of us were when Ethereum was launched. Play the long game folks, don't invest what you can't afford to lose.

I'm riding crypto to the gates of Hades.

burnfout

Oct 27, 2017
I look at it like this. EVERY single time someone has bet against Crypto, they've lost. I keep kicking myself that I didn't know about crypto back in 2013, and didn't get in early. But, I have a chance to make it right with the rise of new alt coins. At WORST, I'll have to pay back the equivalent of a student loan for a semester or two at a state college. At best, I'll be a millionaire.

There are going to be people three-five years from now wishing they had got in at this moment, where some of us were when Ethereum was launched. Play the long game folks, don't invest what you can't afford to lose.

I'm riding crypto to the gates of Hades.

My thoughts exactly, I missed out too long. Now it feels like I'm getting a chance to get in. Will put in a little bit more when it goes into 6,7k range, and than wait 6 months.

Creamie

Avenger
Nov 14, 2017
My thoughts exactly, I missed out too long. Now it feels like I'm getting a chance to get in. Will put in a little bit more when it goes into 6,7k range, and than wait 6 months.

If you want to get into it, start cost averaging when you feel comfortable. It might keep dropping, but at the same time this could be the low point. Nobody knows what will happen.

Rocket786

Oct 27, 2017
Well, my strategy of holding remains. I don't really have much of a choice as most of the money I've invested was at prices considerably higher than now and you're only at a loss if you actually sell at a loss.

Sure, you can sell right now and rebuy at the spots where you feel BTC w bounce, and try to sell once it does, but I'm no day trader and it seems like every time I've tried to day trade, I've lost. Also, it seems that when BTC rises these days, the alts start rising more as their exchange rate to BTC increases. I'll continue to hodl till the end of time unless I go up 100k some day. Just need this bear market to finally pass to regain some excitement.

Overall, I miss 3 weeks ago when everyone had a positive outlook. Hopefully we'll get back to those levels once this FUD has time to pass...

isual

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
$1000 / $8000 = 0.125 x $11000 = $1375 $375 profit)

If you can't do that grade 2 math you should probably stay away from investing in anything. I mean that because I don't want you to lose money, not to be a dick.

China has talked about banning bitcoin about 25 times since I have been involved in crypto. (2013) Nothing to see here.

Sure. But thats still a subtle insult to a five star general.

rickyson33

Banned
Nov 23, 2017
Overall, I miss 3 weeks ago when everyone had a positive outlook. Hopefully we'll get back to those levels once this FUD has time to pass...

heh that's probably the worst part about all this

calm as I am reading so much constant depression all around me ever since I started paying more attention to this stuff can't help but make me feel a bit sad too

Occam

Oct 25, 2017
I thought it was just a ban on foreign platforms, unless I'm mistaken. That's not a bad thing for VeChain if they operate their own platform within China, which I think is the plan.
""To prevent financial risks, China will step up measures to remove any onshore or offshore platforms related to virtual currency trading or ICOs," said an article published on Sunday night by Financial News, a publication affiliated to the People's Bank of China (PBOC)."
http://www.scmp.com/business/bankin...amp-out-cryptocurrency-trading-completely-ban

nonuser

Oct 27, 2017
I thought it was just a ban on foreign platforms, unless I'm mistaken. That's not a bad thing for VeChain if they operate their own platform within China, which I think is the plan.

Pretty sure they've banned domestic trading platforms already.

VeChain itself can operate offshore and gonfrom there. Not sure about future partnerships though within China. The ban does state banning partnerships.

Ricelord

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
"Hmm let's see how low my coins had got this week"
"Open up app"
2ba.gif

6gWDoR

Dartastic

One Winged Slayer
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I bought $450 of Etherium a couple weeks ago for my first investment ever in Crypto. Welp. Guess I just am going to ride this out and forget the cash is even there. :/

Occam

Oct 25, 2017
So, BTC is down almost 20% in 24h. If that's not a crash, then I don't know what is.

Last edited:

Brandson

Oct 26, 2017
If you're in fiat, you should probably be watching the market very closely when BTC breaks below 6.8k GDAX.

Spuck-

Banned
Nov 7, 2017
User Banned (1 Day): History of driveby posts mocking participants in community threads.
If you're in fiat, you should probably be watching the market very closely when BTC breaks below 6.8k GDAX.

If you're 'in fiat', you should probably keep it there instead of rolling the dice on incredibly manipulated, unsecured stocks.

Chumley

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
This is a pretty bad and sustained crash. I'm already in the red $400 from my $700 total investment, at this point I'm either going down with the ship or eventually recovering.