• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Aztechnology

Community Resettler
Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
It finally tripped. Which left me with like 10% gain. I didn't do as well today as I would have liked considering it's up like 30% today. But I didn't lose as much as others before, so it all worked out well. I kind of hope I get one more chance to buy more low.

Aztechnology

Community Resettler
Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Oh absolutely Brandson, but I didn't like the tone of Aztec his TA call. A little too much FUD.
Lol, I didn't know what the acronym FUD stood for (I figured roughly) but I looked it up. Like 20 articles about cyrptocurrency popped up XD.

But you're absolutely right, that was wrong of me to do. I wasn't going completely on blind instinct, but I'm not fully equipped to say I have a deep analytical knowledge or algorithm to tell you that with relative certainty either.

I'm just using the general tools we all have access to, and am a relative novice.

Hassel

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
No offense but leave the TA in this thread to Brandson please.

No offense but please do not shut down others opinions. This is a discussion thread not a blindly follow Brandon thread.

To be clear brandson rocks and I 100% appreciate his posts, but let's not close down others desires to contribute.

Aztechnology

Community Resettler
Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Have you guys noticed any trends with bearish or bullish patterns based on time zone?

I think your read is pretty good. I don't see another crash coming, but a dip to the low-700's (ETH GDAX) is totally reasonable here.

I think crash was probably a strong word, I guess "resetting" is a better term lol.

cryptoadam

Banned
Jan 2, 2018
No offense but please do not shut down others opinions. This is a discussion thread not a blindly follow Brandon thread.

To be clear brandson rocks and I 100% appreciate his posts, but let's not close down others desires to contribute.

I agree 100%. Everyone should be able to voice their opinions and provide feedback. Brandson is great and I appreciate all he brings but he isn't going to be 100% right all of the time and its good to have other voices in here. I just think everyone should have a disclaimer that they are going off their opinion and no one should take it as a guarantee.

Aztechnology

Community Resettler
Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
I agree 100%. Everyone should be able to voice their opinions and provide feedback. Brandson is great and I appreciate all he brings but he isn't going to be 100% right all of the time and its good to have other voices in here. I just think everyone should have a disclaimer that they are going off their opinion and no one should take it as a guarantee.
Should probably go without saying, but yea. I'll make sure in the future I make it clear it's purely my opinion/read. If it wasn't, then I'd be a very rich man.

cryptoadam

Banned
Jan 2, 2018
Not shilling anything just something interesting I read today.

Israel is going to launch 2 coins for their diamond market. Cut and Carat. Cut will be a private coin that only diamond traders will have access to. Carat will allow people to invest in diamonds without buying diamonds. Carat will be backed by diamonds.

Seems like an interesting use of crypto currencies. Opens up some possabilities of using crypto as a means to trade other preciouses items like gold/silver/platinum etc... IMO this seems like one of the actual uses of blockchain without the whole currency issue that everyone slags BTC and other cryptos for.

If anyone is interested you can read up on it at JPOST.com.

cryptoadam

Banned
Jan 2, 2018
Should probably go without saying, but yea. I'll make sure in the future I make it clear it's purely my opinion/read. If it wasn't, then I'd be a very rich man.

Keep it coming I enjoy reading your opinions.

And we need a bit of FUD in this thread or else we would be no different then Bitconnect shills just jumping on the next scam.

Wimps

Oct 27, 2017
Anyone has some good sources for learning how to read charts? I don't plan on day trading or anything, more of a believer in tech/hodl guy.

When it comes to charts I currently use the standard ones and trade on Gdax/Binance, but I'm open to any tips for sites that have more options for charts as well. Gdax only has EMA12 and EMA26 for example.

cryptoadam

Banned
Jan 2, 2018
Anyone has some good sources for learning how to read charts? I don't plan on day trading or anything, more of a believer in tech/hodl guy.

When it comes to charts I currently use the standard ones and trade on Gdax/Binance, but I'm open to any tips for sites that have more options for charts as well. Gdax only has EMA12 and EMA26 for example.

I don't know how to read the charts, but you can check Bittix which has many many options for different charts.

Sayre

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
I think anyone coming in here looking for advice needs to stop taking things said at face value. If we always need to qualify our statement with "IMO" it gets a little ridiculous. Brandson has been a good source, but even pros get it wrong. Also people have different strategies and holding different amounts so what works for Brandson, may not work for you. Some people are holding 6-7 figures, some just 3. Some hold alts, some don't. Some needs to exit in a few months, others a few years. Some has a higher risk tolerance, some don't.

The other advice I'll give is to expect volatility. Definitely read up on pros and what they're doing. At least try to understand basic charts. It might help you make more informed decisions on when to enter and when to exit.

I like https://www.tradingview.com/chart/ for chart analysis.

isual

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
bought 1000 usd around 7950 today. lets see if it hits that 10k or 12k high again and i'll sell.

Oct 27, 2017
I'm not far away from an ATH in crypto portfolio value after my trades in the last few weeks, due to being way up in number of units of ETH, despite not injecting any new fiat. There were a few trades I could have done better, but overall it was very positive. I continue to learn more from each of these big moves.

Same thanks mostly to your good calls and way too much time spent staring at order books.

It seriously took up way too much of my time though so I've decided to ignore fiat values for a while, go into VEN and bet on accumulating THOR (or maybe just use it to buy more VEN) while the rewards are good.

lemmykoopah

Banned
Oct 29, 2017
My apologies to Aztec if I came across too harsh. But I saw the word 'crash' and the frustration of the psst month came boiling up again LOL. Sorry again buddy.

Aztechnology

Community Resettler
Avenger
Oct 25, 2017

Gdax is super limited on tools, I agree.

Try this
https://www.tradingview.com/chart/?symbol=BITFINEX:BTCUSD
(Yes it also completely overwhelms me, I'm just starting to use a few basic tools)

Solid site, as for me, I don't know if it's a good resource or not, but it's helped me.

A youtube channel called Trading212 on analytics has been good for me.
https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PL_qZbVTmPuY_xlEYmnriHzBnyte47sHPv

Apparently they are a trading platform, that I didn't know, and I can't speak for the business. But the videos are well done/clear for me.

My apologies to Aztec if I came across too harsh. But I saw the word 'crash' and the frustration of the psst month came boiling up again LOL. Sorry again buddy.
Don't even think about it twice, you were absolutely right. I immediately thought it myself after, phrasing is important. And I don't want to be acting as an authority to give advice. Especially if it turns out poorly!

ronco2000

Banned
Oct 28, 2017

Thechartguys on youtube to learn charts.
https://youtu.be/rlZRtQkfK04

Tradingview and cryptowat.ch for desktop

For mobile, I use Trading Tab for charting.

isual

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Gdax is super limited on tools, I agree.

Try this
https://www.tradingview.com/chart/?symbol=BITFINEX:BTCUSD
(Yes it also completely overwhelms me, I'm just starting to use a few basic tools)

Solid site, as for me, I don't know if it's a good resource or not, but it's helped me.

A youtube channel called Trading212 on analytics has been good for me.
https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PL_qZbVTmPuY_xlEYmnriHzBnyte47sHPv

Apparently they are a trading platform, that I didn't know, and I can't speak for the business. But the videos are well done/clear for me.

Don't even think about it twice, you were absolutely right. I immediately thought it myself after, phrasing is important. And I don't want to be acting as an authority to give advice. Especially if it turns out poorly!

good shit. i like gaining new info on making shekels. thanks

also, what's the concensus, will BTC go to 10k/11k by the end of this month ?

Aztechnology

Community Resettler
Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
One common method I'm seeing is padding the spread with trades often/small amounts for larger movements. Do any of the charts sites/market integrations have a system for that, or is that likely an program utilizing the API that someone wrote?

Drkirby

Oct 25, 2017
Somewhat envious of the people who were able to buy NEO/Ven on the dip. Oh well. Nice to see the market rebounding at the moment. (Though I don't know how well Bitcoin specifically will recover)

Senteevs

Oct 28, 2017
Latvia
I hope there is one small final dip to near €100 LTC, so I can jump in. Wimped out the last two times when it was €85 or less.
Based on my extremely limited knowledge I would agree with the others that there is a small dip coming, but it won't be nowhere near as drastic as the previous ones. Just my 2 poorly informed cents.

Last edited:

Wimps

Oct 27, 2017
Thanks for the info guys. Diving straight in. Pretty cool that the candlestick method is over 400 years old.

SaviourMK2

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
CT
I havent bought any coin since New Years eve, and i haven't changed my portfolio. I needed a bit of a break after I hit a bit of a burnout. I decided to leave well enough alone, and my "just leave it alone and don't think about it" seemed to work until midway through Jan when it all started tumbling.
I feel like I should get back to work but with the how volatile the market has been, I'm almost afraid to try again, my portfolio dropped from almost 2000 to it's lowest at 390, it went back up to 600 last night but is now hovering around 500-520.

Any tips or suggestions.

cryptoadam

Banned
Jan 2, 2018
I havent bought any coin since New Years eve, and i haven't changed my portfolio. I needed a bit of a break after I hit a bit of a burnout. I decided to leave well enough alone, and my "just leave it alone and don't think about it" seemed to work until midway through Jan when it all started tumbling.
I feel like I should get back to work but with the how volatile the market has been, I'm almost afraid to try again, my portfolio dropped from almost 2000 to it's lowest at 390, it went back up to 600 last night but is now hovering around 500-520.

Any tips or suggestions.

I am no expert but I think your holding was the smart move.

Prices are cheap now so its a good time to buy in, just try to avoid buying in a dip. I have been on the sidelines too for a few weeks. Was going to buy Monday and it dropped like a rock. Should of bought yesterday and caught the rise.

Just IMO and again no expert so take my advice how you want, but I would wait a few days and make sure things stabilize a bit. Personally I still think we can see another dip. For me if things stay clear going into Friday I will probably put a couple bucks in. But with my luck I probably will buy in and the market will drop 30%.

TerminusFox

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Had to sell some ETH today to Coinbase, for a emergency.

Goddamn, that's gonna sting, but fam comes first.

Still have my LTC, thankfully.

captainzombie

Nov 29, 2017
Had to sell some ETH today to Coinbase, for a emergency.

Goddamn, that's gonna sting, but fam comes first.

Still have my LTC, thankfully.

Don't beat yourself up, I had to do the same back in 2014 when BTC was at $700. Wish I could of came up with the money I needed back then to have held on to the coins I had. Ugh!!!!!

DrM

Oct 26, 2017
Slovenia
Bitfinex'ed Twitter account has been restored. Looks like somebody has sent a bot horde which created a flood of reports that his tweets include private information.

Last edited:

AlsoZ

Oct 29, 2017
CMC looks like a varied mix of red and green right now. Almost... too normal.

lNHd3JK.gif

toneroni

Oct 25, 2017
Somewhat envious of the people who were able to buy NEO/Ven on the dip. Oh well. Nice to see the market rebounding at the moment. (Though I don't know how well Bitcoin specifically will recover)
dropped a ton right now. I'm still holding ETH instead of those atm since I'm not sure its a great time to get in those. Maybe using fiat but not compared to the paired coins.

cryptoadam

Banned
Jan 2, 2018
Back down to sub 8K, and ETH sub 800. Knew a dip was coming.

Now I ask myself do I buy now and catch another rise, or sit out because there is still more bottom to go.

Best to stick to my plan and see where we are on Friday.

nonuser

Oct 27, 2017
I'm way more cautious now days about putting fiat in, since I've already "suffered" pretty big losses (IMO, especially percentage wise) as I was an early January investor. Just making the small bucks from swing trading trying to make up for my losses that will probably take forever.

Hopefully next year's tax doesn't kill me.

SonicXtreme

Oct 27, 2017
tbh if you believe in the market now is the time to be a crypto cowboy and double down if you didn't last week

Drifters_

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
**ANNOUNCEMENT**
CryptoERA will be opening invites on 09/02/2018 for 24 hours only! Starting this Friday, you MUST PM me (Driftters_) within that 24 hour period which will end at 23:59 on 10/02/2018 Pacific timezone.

You must PM me the following:

ERA Name:
Discord Unique name + Number:

If I do NOT get the above information PM'ed to me, I will not respond.

Thanks.
=drift

Naked Snake

Oct 27, 2017
**ANNOUNCEMENT**
CryptoERA will be opening invites on 09/02/2018 for 24 hours only! Starting this Friday, you MUST PM me (Driftters_) within that 24 hour period which will end at 23:59 on 10/02/2018 Pacific timezone.

You must PM me the following:

ERA Name:
Discord Unique name + Number:

If I do NOT get the above information PM'ed to me, I will not respond.

Thanks.
=drift
What's special about the discord?