platocplx

2020 Member Elect
Oct 30, 2017
Big news! Crunchyroll is delighted to announce that, as of today, we're reducing the cost of Crunchyroll Premium memberships in almost 100 international territories. Here are some highlights of what fans around the world can expect:

In the United Kingdom, Mega Fan will change from 7.99 to 5.99 GBP
In India, Mega Fan will change from 9.99 USD to 99 Indian Rupees
In Brazil, Mega Fan will change from 32.00 to 19.99 Brazilian Real
In the United Arab Emirates, Mega Fan will change from 9.99 USD to 19 United Arab Emirates Dirham

Full List at link. Great stuff for people in different regions. All companies should be doing regional pricing.

www.crunchyroll.com

Crunchyroll Reducing Monthly Prices in Nearly 100 Countries & Territories

Big news! Crunchyroll is delighted to announce that, as of today, we’re reducing the cost of Crunchyroll Premium memberships in nearly 100 international territories. Here are some

Arubedo

Unshakable Resolve
Dec 24, 2018
It's so good, my sub in Morocco went from 7.99$ every month to 3$, thanks Sony!

syth

Oct 25, 2017
Are they going to make it less shit too?

The journey from Animelab, to Funimation to Crunchyroll as an Australian has been shitter and shitter each time.

Bigkrev

Oct 25, 2017
A lot of these make a ton of sense for regional pricing- a 90% price reduction in India, a 40% reduction in Brazil- but why on earth is the UK getting a 33% price cut? The FAQ page says "not reducing content"

Temascos

Oct 27, 2017
Very good to hear! I know at some point I'll renew my subscription but at the moment there isn't anything I want to watch and I'm not sure what's on the horizon that excites me enough.

Gotchaforce

Oct 31, 2017
Any idea when all the Funimation stuff gets folded in completely? Or do you get access to both when you sub Crunchyroll?

Bigkrev

Oct 25, 2017
Pretty sure its already folded in. Funimation app doesnt work anymore from a few months back if im not mistaken.

Nah, you can still sub to Funimation if you want, they just aren't adding anything new to it. There are still Spring 2022 shows on Funimation that have not been moved to Crunchyroll.....

I'm worried they might not be moved- they formally had a list they were updating weekly, then they did a post for the entire month of June with a schedule, but there has been NOTHING for July so far

Mandos

Nov 27, 2017
Nah, you can still sub to Funimation if you want, they just aren't adding anything new to it. There are still Spring 2022 shows on Funimation that have not been moved to Crunchyroll.....

I'm worried they might not be moved- they formally had a list they were updating weekly, then they did a post for the entire month of June with a schedule, but there has been NOTHING for July so far
No list but they did a good dump of stuff on both previous tuesdays

Classy Tomato

Jun 2, 2019
This is great news and the price now more makes sense since many series aren't available in my region due to licensing issues.

OtakuCoder

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
UK
I think this is just them undoing a massive price hike they did a couple years back (in the UK, at least)

Muffin

Oct 26, 2017
I see Germany is not on there. Stopped subscribing after they raised the yearly from 40 euros to fucking 70 last year.

MikeHattsu

Oct 25, 2017
Yeah, ok

y1gqsS1.png

Adryuu

Master of the Wind
Oct 27, 2017
No cut in my country, no other options either, probably they cut the prices because they refuse to fix their shitty app anyway, I'm fine thanks.

OP
OP
platocplx

platocplx

2020 Member Elect
Oct 30, 2017

I thought it was totally killed lol. I guess they a slowly killing it now

Oct 7, 2019
Naturally suspicious of a subscription price decrease when everything else is skyrocketing in price, but I'll take this as a win.

Humanity

Aug 31, 2019
I'll have to check it out cause in my country the monthly price was a bit high considering every other show I wanted to watch turned out to be not available in my region.

Zafir

Oct 25, 2017
I see Germany is not on there. Stopped subscribing after they raised the yearly from 40 euros to fucking 70 last year.
Yeah funnily enough this isn't really much of a discount in the UK because of that. This is still going to be £20 more than what they were charging for the yearly lower tier sub, before they decided to offer that tier as a monthly only thing. Not convinced £20 more a year is worth offline viewing or multiscreen, the former I think shouldn't be something you have to pay more for and the latter doesn't feel worth it with it not having profiles.

That said my old yearly price is still valid and renewed a few months back, so I'm not sure what's going to happen to my account, whether they're finally going to force me to pay more for features I don't even really want.

Piccoro

Nov 20, 2017
LOL of course my country isn't included on that list.

Subscribed after they finally added AoT on my region, and I'm now catching up on old episodes of Naruto, been a subscriber for months...

MouldyK

Prophet of Truth
Banned
Nov 1, 2017
That said my old yearly price is still valid and renewed a few months back, so I'm not sure what's going to happen to my account, whether they're finally going to force me to pay more for features I don't even really want.

My £49.99 Premium Yearly runs out August 20th...I'll let you know if it renews!

Legacy

One Winged Slayer
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Had to re-read my email to make saw I correctly. You rarely see that