Deleted member 4552

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Console, Controller or some new additional piece of kit you imagined.

Although I want your most fanciful ideas, money for example is not much of a problem, keep some semblance of possibilities. Avoid physically impossible scenarios...like say an invisible console.

But no reason you can't invent a system to "make" it invisible..

My PS5 design would have a light strip similar to the current PS5 but instead of represent power modes with different colours it would represent system stress.

Simply put, More Graphics more Red.
Less graphics less red. more...green.

When we get The Last of Us 3 it would start to pulse a deep crimson red, as middle aged Ellie, destroys a horrified bald man's individual fingers.

Sonic 2020's full penetration scene will make it flash purple and black like a heat map of Australia while the Prime Minister is on holiday.

vestan

#REFANTAZIO SWEEP
Dec 28, 2017
░░░░░░░░░░░░▄▄
░░░░░░░░░░░█░░█
░░░░░░░░░░░█░░█
░░░░░░░░░░█░░░█
░░░░░░░░░█░░░░█
███████▄▄█░░░░░██████▄
▓▓▓▓▓▓█░░░░░░░░░░░░░░█
▓▓▓▓▓▓█░░░░ Valve Sony, ░░█
▓▓▓▓▓▓█░░░░Add This░░░░█
▓▓▓▓▓▓█░░░░Please!░░░░░█
▓▓▓▓▓▓█░░░░░░░░░░░░░░█
▓▓▓▓▓▓█████░░░░░░░░░█
██████▀░░░░▀▀██████▀

playstation-5-sphere.jpg

EGc1hhMU0AEfO9T.jpg

EGc1GehU0AIG0hz.jpg

DJ_Lae

Oct 27, 2017
Edmonton
Have user-customizable startup/shutdown/eject sounds so you could do something like the R2-D2 Xbox but change it around whenever you want.

Fat4all

Woke up, got a money tag, swears a lot
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
here
a realistic, down-to-earth system... that's completely off-the-wall and swarming with magic robots

and also, you should win things by playing

Jan 4, 2018
The top is exposed and there's a pole with a fan that dangles, creating a sort of ceiling fan cooling system.

Or perhaps a kickstand that serves no real purpose.

Maybe a projector on the front of the console that creates holograms of the game so you can feel as if you're really IN a PlayStation commercial.

qatak

Oct 27, 2017
Squeeze sensors on the controller a la pixel phones

small oled screen on the console

Alexa compatibility

real buttons, not touch sensitive

Deleted member 8861

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Streaming based handheld accessory that relies on some sort of weird ass 4G architecture Sony has been rolling out in the background

Jan 10, 2018
The chassi is easy to remove with a few snap-on points. This way you can choose to re-design the console as you see fit with new colors, shapes and lights bars.

Jakenbakin

"This guy are sick" and Corrupted by Vengeance
Jun 17, 2018
Anytime the PS5 is not in the room, your various listening products will ask "where's PS5?"

LordofPwn

Oct 27, 2017
an actual power and eject button. crazy i know they haven't had one on a launch system since the original PS2.

a full rgb light strip that's customizable would be cool. mostly i would just like an HDMI in for cameras for streaming.

StallionDan

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Custom themes users can create.

I don't know why Sony has never thought of this, to great popular success. If only.

Also, imagine being able to put a PS1 or PS2 disc in and being able to play the game.

OP
OP

Deleted member 4552

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
OLED Mesh shell, multiple camera setup for total room fov, eye tracking camera.

The combination of the tech will render the PS5 practically invisible by rending the expected view on the console shell.

This onely works on one person in the room as for everyone else the angles are wrong.
Also doesn't work when not on its stand or is shived in and touching a wall.

LossAversion

The Merchant of ERA
Oct 28, 2017
A controller with some quality control during the manufacturing process. Crazy, I know.

Traxus

Spirit Tamer
Jan 2, 2018
Airbags in the DS5s that auto-inflate before impact with the wall.

Parthenios

The Fallen
Oct 28, 2017
That's scarier than a new Kojima horror game.
Think about the gameplay possibilities!

Make them grooved for comfort (like GameCube shoulder buttons). Then they can be used for:

Faster inventory swapping

Steering

Allowing for another axis of movement in first person games (currently, weapons usually always point straight ahead, scroll wheels could change that up)

Weird gimmicks!

Deleted member 10737

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
i'd put a tiny fidget spinner on the controller that spins automatically during long, boring walk and talk sections to keep the player entertained.

RestEerie

Banned
Aug 20, 2018
░░░░░░░░░░░░▄▄
░░░░░░░░░░░█░░█
░░░░░░░░░░░█░░█
░░░░░░░░░░█░░░█
░░░░░░░░░█░░░░█
███████▄▄█░░░░░██████▄
▓▓▓▓▓▓█░░░░░░░░░░░░░░█
▓▓▓▓▓▓█░░░░ Valve Sony, ░░█
▓▓▓▓▓▓█░░░░Add This░░░░█
▓▓▓▓▓▓█░░░░Please!░░░░░█
▓▓▓▓▓▓█░░░░░░░░░░░░░░█
▓▓▓▓▓▓█████░░░░░░░░░█
██████▀░░░░▀▀██████▀

playstation-5-sphere.jpg

EGc1hhMU0AEfO9T.jpg

EGc1GehU0AIG0hz.jpg

Lmao..??is Kevin drunk?

Blade Wolf

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Taiwan
A cool looking LED display showing the game you're currently playing, as well as the resolution and frame rate.

Devs can use that display to do some cool shit as well.

In the PS5 remaster version of Portal 2 the display shows different stage of the Aperture logo based on your progress.

Last edited:
Oct 27, 2017
I've always imagined it'd be neat if there was a trigger between the analog sticks at the bottom of the controller so you can turn the controller sideways and hold it like a gun. Movement becomes an issue though.

mclem

Oct 25, 2017
Joypad-mounted air cannon. Feel the breeze in your face! Feel bursts of shots impact on your body!