• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

MrCarter

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
You'll say anything to defend this game bruh, you can't stop people from voicing their discrepancies against it. If people have a problem with Arcade Mode and FM then they can absolutely voice those comments.

Capcom needs to take you off the payroll. You doing too much.

What the hell are you talking about? I repeated to you what others have said in the thread. You, as usual, are concern trolling a game you don't even play. It's unreal how disingenuous you are when Tekken 7 gets a free pass from you for thier awful DLC, yet you can't wait to join the bandwagon in here by fauxing "concern" about something you don't even understand. It's hilarious how transparent you are.

lol

Last edited:

lusca_bueno

Nov 23, 2017
Word, I like how in Injustice 2 you can unlock characters for free.

Actually I2 comes with all characters unlocked, can you believe it? 30 chars unlocked right off the bat, with no scam currency to lure the player into thinking he's achieving something because the content is already on disc right from the beginning! Genius idea, right? Who would think of that these days.

Kirblar

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I feel you. For me, that "complete package" was probably Soul Calibur III. Great gameplay, adventure modes, alternate endings, tons of characters, create-your-own characters, an entire RTS mini-game... It made me hopeful for the future of fighting game content. MK and Injustice are a bit clunky, but I enjoy them and they've got an insane amount of content stuffed in.

I spent $60 on Injustice and got everything that's coming out. Every costume, character, stage, alternate colors and shaders, and all the gear I care about (sans Nightwing's set... still missing the mask...).

I don't think I can say that for Street Fighter V. Not a knock against SFV's "hey, you can use FM to buy DLC" which I LOVE, but... well, even if you did, there's a substantial amount of content not included with either FM or the Season Pass.
SFV is going to be supported much longer than IJ2 is- the life cycle for those games is 2-3 years.

Oct 30, 2017
Then I'm glad we're not still expecting the standards of 1991...

I always compare Street Fighter, and other fighters, simply to their contemporaries. What is Tekken doing? What is Mortal Kombat and Injustice doing? What is Blazblue doing? What is Dead or Alive doing? What is Smash Bros. doing? What is Pokken Tournament doing? What is King of Fighters XIV doing? What is Killer Instinct doing? Etc. etc.

For MK and Injustice, as an mostly offline player, I appreciate the fact that "experience" is factored into ALL my matches, even offline against Arcade or local versus. I don't think it's weird to ask Capcom to do that same.

Well unfortunately you can't always have the same things in every game. These games excell at different things.

Street Fighter V excells at having a good E Sports community in comparison to all its competitors.

Street Fighter V has the best animation compared to other fighters.

Mortal Kombat has the best single player content

King of Fighters has a massive roster

Etc etc

It's very simple if you like what Street Fighter does get the game, if you don't then another fighter might appeal to you. I've tried other fighters either the online community is pretty much dead, or there is something unbalanced and frustrating or I simply don't enjoy the gameplay. So for me Street Fighter V is my.go to fighter.

Quacktion

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
Actually I2 comes with all characters unlocked, can you believe it? 30 chars unlocked right off the bat, with no scam currency to lure the player into thinking he's achieving something because the content is already on disc right from the beginning! Genius idea, right? Who would think of that these days.
Look, I know youre trolling an all that, but dont tell me you forgot Brainiac and Darkseid.

JusDoIt

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
South Central Los Angeles

Tell me more about how Injustice 2 doesn't have any DLC characters because they're all on the disc.

Oct 30, 2017

I'm sorry but alot of Injustice 2 characters and animation feel recycled from Injustice 1. Of I had a choice between Street Fighter V having a bigger roster with recycled animations and character models or everything made from scratch like the current Street Fighter V but a smaller roster. I'd go for Street Fighter V. Also how balanced is Injustice 2 and how is the competitive scene. People need to accept these fighters have different aims it's like comparing apples to oranges. Instead of moaning in the Street Fighter V thread why not go play Injustice 2 some more

Kyuga

Oct 27, 2017
Well unfortunately you can't always have the same things in every game. These games excell at different things.

Street Fighter V excells at having a good E Sports community in comparison to all its competitors.

Street Fighter V has the best animation compared to other fighters.

Mortal Kombat has the best single player content

King of Fighters has a massive roster

Etc etc

It's very simple if you like what Street Fighter does get the game, if you don't then another fighter might appeal to you. I've tried other fighters either the online community is pretty much dead, or there is something unbalanced and frustrating or I simply don't enjoy the gameplay. So for me Street Fighter V is my.go to fighter.
Totally agree with this.
There is a lot of fighters on the market and if you don't like where SFV is heading well just don't buy it.
For me it's the best fighting game and clearly the game has been much improved between launch and now, I have like more than 300 hours playtime and I'm happy to support it with seasons passes.
Plus the CPT this year will be amazing.

lusca_bueno

Nov 23, 2017
Look, I know youre trolling an all that, but dont tell me you forgot Brainiac and Darkseid.
Tell me more about how Injustice 2 doesn't have any DLC characters because they're all on the disc.

Sorry guys I'm not trolling it's just too clear to me I2 has more content and I'm actually paying for EXTRA content buying DLC, and not completing an inconplete game by buying said DLC. I love SF, I even agree it's artisticaly superior, but it's ridiculous to compare it to what I2 put in the table in terms of content.

JusDoIt

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
South Central Los Angeles
Sorry guys I'm not trolling it's just too clear to me I2 has more content and I'm actually paying for EXTRA content buying DLC, and not completing an inconplete game by buying said DLC. I love SF, I even agree it's artisticaly superior, but it's ridiculous to compare it to what I2 put in the table in terms of content.

Yes, but tell me how to unlock the Ninja Turtles for free.

Cordy

Oct 25, 2017
Bruh...you're the dude who defended the Capcom rootkit situation. You of all people don't need to be talking about anyone's comments let alone with your history. If you actually peep this thread you've seen me state that I have and play this game, I even made a thread on how I was getting it so your comments of "you don't play" are false. Don't be responding to me again until you read my posts and again you need to stop defending this game heavily. Looks foolish.

Regardless, mods will take care of it as they always do. I wasn't even talking to you and you respond to me as if my comments are false even though they're based on my opinion lol. Either way I'm done with ya bruh. Have a good one.
What the hell are you taking about? I repeated to you what others have said in the thread. You, as usual, are concern trolling a game you don't even play. It's unreal how disingenuous you are when Tekken 7 gets a free pass from you for thier awful DLC, yet you can't wait to join the bandwagon in here by fauxing "concern" about something you don't even understand. It's so hilarious how transparent you are.

Oct 30, 2017

Would you be happy if Capcom used the Injustice animation system where characters share animations and are less animated. Would you mind if they had a larger roster from the start but game was more unbalanced. Would you mind if Capcom recycled more character models and animation from Street Fighter IV to enable a larger roster from the start?

Kyuga

Oct 27, 2017
And the balance in SFV is perfect on the last few TOP8 you had like 8 differents characters each time you don't see that on any other fighting game.

RecRoulette

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
I feel you. For me, that "complete package" was probably Soul Calibur III. Great gameplay, adventure modes, alternate endings, tons of characters, create-your-own characters, an entire RTS mini-game... It made me hopeful for the future of fighting game content. MK and Injustice are a bit clunky, but I enjoy them and they've got an insane amount of content stuffed in.

Word, I would've loved to get a current console version of that with the arcade update.

Deleted member 18857

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Also, you had to buy I2 after having bought I1. You're comparing games that have 2 years of content repeated to SF4's 6 years of content and SF5's planned 6 years of content. Chances are I3 will be released before SF5's done and gone, most of it lifted from I2.

I mean, I didn't have a problem buying SFZero 4 times from 10 characters to almost 40, but that was in the 90s.

Quacktion

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
Injustice 2 is a great package, but SFV was made as a growing service, which I think fits fighting games more in this day and age. Its true it started off pretty bare, but Capcom made good on their promise to constantly improve and add stuff to the game without having to spend a dime more on it. This game is what, 3 years old now, and its still played pretty frequently, now more than ever with the AE refresh. Its safe to say its the fighting game I've played the longest and most frequently because of Capcom making sure to keep my attention.

ElFly

Oct 27, 2017
I don't mind if they reuse animations -at least the good ones- from SFV to SF6 or whatever to make it beefier

hell, just add a world tour mode where everybody can do every move; it half works already

lusca_bueno

Nov 23, 2017
I'm sorry but alot of Injustice 2 characters and animation feel recycled from Injustice 1. Of I had a choice between Street Fighter V having a bigger roster with recycled animations and character models or everything made from scratch like the current Street Fighter V but a smaller roster. I'd go for Street Fighter V. Also how balanced is Injustice 2 and how is the competitive scene. People need to accept these fighters have different aims it's like comparing apples to oranges. Instead of moaning in the Street Fighter V thread why not go play Injustice 2 some more

Would you be happy if Capcom used the Injustice animation system where characters share animations and are less animated. Would you mind if they had a larger roster from the start but game was more unbalanced. Would you mind if Capcom recycled more character models and animation from Street Fighter IV to enable a larger roster from the start?

Look, if you guys just take a look a little bit closer you'll see all animations from SFV are reutilized except for new moves. While in NRS games the characters switch at times their whole normal movesets for new moves, SFV old characters are keeping the same SFIV animations (except new moves and CA). But I do agree Capcom does a better job at the animations artistically, that can't even be questioned tbh, although I doubt empty slots come at the cost of animation quality specially when old characters plain reutilize all previous normals from IV.

About moaning here, I guess I do that because I actually care about SF? Otherwise I wouldn't even be here. I just wish Capcom would put more money into this franchise cause it's the one I love the most, and it hurts to see games like Resident Evil being so well designed while SFV looks like this.

But don't get me wrong, I love what's been happening with SFVAE, it's a huge step forward aside from the new FM model. I just wish Capcom would put resources in this game as much as WB does for NRS ones, so the community wouldn't be exploited in the process. I don't even like Injustice that much but it doesn't take that much of a look to see the game comes packed from day one, while SF team tries to make the best out of the nothing they apparetly had to work with.

Zombegoast

Oct 30, 2017
Injustice 2 is a great package, but SFV was made as a growing service, which I think fits fighting games more in this day and age. Its true it started off pretty bare, but Capcom made good on their promise to constantly improve and add stuff to the game without having to spend a dime more on it. This game is what, 3 years old now, and its still played pretty frequently, now more than ever with the AE refresh. Its safe to say its the fighting game I've played the longest and most frequently because of Capcom making sure to keep my attention.

If only Capcom can get their online section together.

It took NRS 1 year to fix it's netcode in MKX

Ryce

Oct 25, 2017
SFV old characters are keeping the same SFIV animations [...] old characters plain reutilize all previous normals from IV.
No. A move concept isn't an animation -- Ryu still has a Shoryuken, for example, but the animation was remade from scratch. The game goes for everyone's normals. There's not a single recycled asset in SFV.

Kirblar

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
You're considering the S1/2/3 characters "not extra content" while considering the 9 IJ characters "extra content", which is quite ridiculous.

Quacktion

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
If only Capcom can get their online section together.

It took NRS 1 year to fix it's netcode in MKX
NRS also doesnt have to worry about crossplay which I hear makes things very complicated. Honestly aside from occasional laggy match my online experiance havent differed much from other games, would even say SFV has been working outstandingly well, especially now with AE I have been finding matches pretty quick and so far only gotten one with some weird spikes in last round.

MrCarter

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
User has been banned (1w): continues to be hostile towards other users despite having been warned in the past for it.
Bruh...you're the dude who defended the Capcom rootkit situation. You of all people don't need to be talking about anyone's comments let alone with your history. If you actually peep this thread you've seen me state that I have and play this game, I even made a thread on how I was getting it so your comments of "you don't play" are false. Don't be responding to me again until you read my posts and again you need to stop defending this game heavily. Looks foolish.

Regardless, mods will take care of it as they always do. I wasn't even talking to you and you respond to me as if my comments are false even though they're based on my opinion lol. Either way I'm done with ya bruh. Have a good one.

Mate, you're actually funny but most of all deluded. All I did was respond to you in a normal manner then you suddenly go on the offense with the "defending" bullshit. Speaking of defending, get back to defending Tekken for their awful DLC practices because no one else will. You child.

Totally agree with this.
There is a lot of fighters on the market and if you don't like where SFV is heading well just don't buy it.
For me it's the best fighting game and clearly the game has been much improved between launch and now, I have like more than 300 hours playtime and I'm happy to support it with seasons passes.
Plus the CPT this year will be amazing.

CPT this year is going to be wild.

Last edited:
Oct 30, 2017
Look, if you guys just take a look a little bit closer you'll see all animations from SFV are reutilized except for new moves. While in NRS games the characters switch at times their whole normal movesets for new moves, SFV old characters are keeping the same SFIV animations (except new moves and CA). But I do agree Capcom does a better job at the animations artistically, that can't even be questioned tbh, although I doubt empty slots come at the cost of animation quality specially when old characters plain reutilize all previous normals from IV.

About moaning here, I guess I do that because I actually care about SF? Otherwise I wouldn't even be here. I just wish Capcom would put more money into this franchise cause it's the one I love the most, and it hurts to see games like Resident Evil being so well designed while SFV looks like this.

But don't get me wrong, I love what's been happening with SFVAE, it's a huge step forward aside from the new FM model. I just wish Capcom would put resources in this game as much as WB does for NRS ones, so the community wouldn't be exploited in the process. I don't even like Injustice that much but it doesn't take that much of a look to see the game comes packed from day one, while SF team tries to make the best out of the nothing they apparetly had to work with.

You still haven't answered my questions for Injustice. Yes it had a higher number of characters at launch and more content. However is the game balanced? How the E sport scene for it? Does it reuse animations and character models from Injustice 1?

You need to understand Capcom need to make money with this game. Do you expect Capcom to just make content for this game for free and continue to support it without anyone paying a dime.

I agree Street Fighter V was barebones at release, it could have had atleast 4 more characters at launch and Arcade Mode and not lock away basic stuff like unlockable colors in Survival mode.

But Arcade Edition is great value and the game is one of the most popular fighters in the market and being played the most while other games that may have sold more day 1 are getting dropped. What's the point of bitching now, the launch was a cluster fuck we know but it's time to move on.

Capcom giving away free shit from now won't do them any favours financially and in the end it's a business

Namtab

Oct 27, 2017

You seem to have this game confused with Tekken 7.

lusca_bueno

Nov 23, 2017
No. A move concept isn't an animation -- Ryu still has a Shoryuken, for example, but the animation was remade from scratch. The game goes for everyone's normals. There's not a single recycled asset in SFV.

Well, I look at normals and they're exactly the same with different hitboxes? The only thing I could point out being different are shape dynamics from clothing, nothing else. But if I'm being ignorant and not perceptive enough than I take back what I said, and then I might even consider the empty slots worth it tbh, because I do dig Capcom animations a lot.

Also, you had to buy I2 after having bought I1. You're comparing games that have 2 years of content repeated to SF4's 6 years of content and SF5's planned 6 years of content. Chances are I3 will be released before SF5's done and gone, most of it lifted from I2.

I mean, I didn't have a problem buying SFZero 4 times from 10 characters to almost 40, but that was in the 90s.

Maybe we are quite different consumers then, this is a thing I love about NRS games, it's a small cycle until we get a new story, new mechanics, new krypt, variations, gears and so on. I'm not a competitive player so these games are quite appealing to me for these reasons, I really don't lose any time invested in it because of it's small life cycle.

OP
OP
jett

jett

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
What a great fantastic thread, congrats!
lol this thread is a disaster

It's 2018 and people still complaining about SFV's launch state.

It's beyond belief.

Look, if you guys just take a look a little bit closer you'll see all animations from SFV are reutilized except for new moves.

I guess this is final confirmation that you're a troll and haven't even seen SFV, let alone played it? I'm not even gonna bother to read the rest of your post.

All of the animation in SFV is entirely new.

Are you even capable of seeing the massive gulf in detail in these two basic attacks?

t2dHV8v.gif

sghY50y.gif

csm6LXU.gif

KOyH2AL.gif

Last edited:

lusca_bueno

Nov 23, 2017
You're considering the S1/2/3 characters "not extra content" while considering the 9 IJ characters "extra content", which is quite ridiculous.

It's not ridiculous, S1 and S2 don't even take the roster to the size of I2 base game. Meanwhile the 9 I2 characters take the roster to almost 40 chars. SFV was released as a $20 game, but sold for much more.

Oct 30, 2017
I think Luesco Bueno would have preferred if Capcom focused on a massive roster, and didn't focus on character balance and wouldn't have minded clunky animation, reused models and animation from the previous entry as a trade-off. I think he would have also preferred a in depth single player mode where you unlock gear instead of cross online play.

Again it's like comparing apples to oranges. Both publishers had a different aim. And for me I prefer the way Street Fighter V was designed over Injustice 2.

Status
Not open for further replies.