• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Guppeth

Oct 25, 2017
Sheffield, UK
Yep.

I copped this due to Arcade and Sakura. Now with Arcade outta here, with the less FM, geez. Capcom royally fucked up lol.

Somebody needs to make a thread on this within the next few hours. I'm at work so I can't do it but someone else should. If not, I'll do it when I get home because it needs to be talked about.
I think it's too early to flip out over FM until we see the gold Shadoloo soldiers.

Dahbomb

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
Extra Battle rewards are not RNG. You get the listed rewards but the game specifies you only get one reward at a time so you will have to clear the challenge a second time for the second reward, a third time for the third reward and so on.
Oh it's not full RNG, that's good to know. I didn't get the Viewtiful Joe costume token first time around so I assumed it's RNG if I tried it again.

What happens when you get all the rewards and then try again? Do you get FM/exp?

And what about these gold soldiers? Do we get to do them 3 times for 3x profits? If so then that's a lot of easy FM.

Guppeth

Oct 25, 2017
Sheffield, UK
Oh it's not full RNG, that's good to know. I didn't get the Viewtiful Joe costume token first time around so I assumed it's RNG if I tried it again.

What happens when you get all the rewards and then try again? Do you get FM/exp?

And what about these gold soldiers? Do we get to do them 3 times for 3x profits? If so then that's a lot of easy FM.
That's interesting. I got the Joe gem on my first go so I just assumed you received awards in the order listed.

LakeEarth

Oct 27, 2017
Ontario
Oh it's not full RNG, that's good to know. I didn't get the Viewtiful Joe costume token first time around so I assumed it's RNG if I tried it again
You should've gotten the costume token first. You're playing the super easy Rashid battle right, and not Shin Akuma (whose reward is just a title)? It's easy to miss that there are two extra battles this week. They need to make that more visually obvious.

OP
OP
jett

jett

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
People expecting FM from Arcade Mode were setting themselves up for disappointment. Capcom had already announced they were removing some FM prizes, presumably because newcomers would've been able to accumulate too much FM too easily and too quickly. Why would they give FM rewards to Arcade Mode?

Don't expect to get FM prizes three times from the Shadaloo soldiers either.

Last edited:

EscapingJail

Oct 26, 2017
We got that Diamond boyssssssssss
BKtFHp5.jpg

Moara

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
Apparently Diamond players no longer match with Platinum? Amazing if true.

Deleted member 4609

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
People expecting FM from Arcade Mode were setting themselves up for disappointment. Capcom had already announced they were removing some FM prizes, presumably because newcomers would've been able to accumulate too much FM too easily and too quickly. Why would they give FM rewards to Arcade Mode?

Don't expect to get FM prizes three times from the Shadaloo soldiers either.

I didn't expect FM but a token EXP reward really wouldn't have broken the bank either. Something like 1000 EXP per first-time ladder would have been a nice extra incentive to play Arcade mode and it wouldn't have been a great cost since only Ryu and Ken are available on every game.

Moara

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
Well, the reddit post says you can still be matched with Ultra Platinum as a Diamond, which isn't too bad.

The main problem was being Super Diamond and matching with regular Platinums. That is over a 2x LP difference. Now that might not happen anymore?

Garlador

Banned
Oct 30, 2017
I didn't expect FM but a token EXP reward really wouldn't have broken the bank either. Something like 1000 EXP per first-time ladder would have been a nice extra incentive to play Arcade mode and it wouldn't have been a great cost since only Ryu and Ken are available on every game.
This. I was expecting, at least, some moderate EXP from it.

skillzilla81

Self-requested temporary ban
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Well, the reddit post says you can still be matched with Ultra Platinum as a Diamond, which isn't too bad.

The main problem was being Super Diamond and matching with regular Platinums. That is over a 2x LP difference. Now that might not happen anymore?

Matchmaking is probably working better because there's an influx of players right now.

Oct 25, 2017
Something is off with the match-making. I'm from Europe and I've played several Americans today, that almost never happened before. Showed up as 5 bars but was slightly laggy, like expected.

Kirblar

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Watching the WSO stream, the big advantage for VT2 for Guile seems to be that it gives him big guaranteed damage opportunities with chained Flash Kick combos.

BigJeffery

Banned
Oct 30, 2017
VT2 gives him good combo options, but also turns each anti-air into a humongous chunk of damage. I can't think of many situations where I'd rather have VT1 to be honest.

Cordy

Oct 25, 2017
User has been warned: derailing thread, insulting user by accusing them of astroturfing
Arcade is what everyone wanted and that's what you got. FM hasn't stopped and there's still another way (golden Shadaloo) to earn it, we just don't know how much yet.
You'll say anything to defend this game bruh, you can't stop people from voicing their discrepancies against it. If people have a problem with Arcade Mode and FM then they can absolutely voice those comments.

Capcom needs to take you off the payroll. You doing too much.

Pundere

Oct 30, 2017
Messing with Ibuki's VT2, I think it may be better that VT1. Being 2 stocks is great and it combos after almost every normal and is +8 on hit. Lets you do Cr.Mk into VT2 or f+mk>st.lp>VT2. It can also be used to help her get in since it completely ignores fireballs.

I don't know if it'll make up for all her nerfs, but it's something.

ThatCrazyGuy

Nov 27, 2017
The extra battle payouts, process and all that jazz is kinda confusing. It's not explained well in the UI, to me at least.

LakeEarth

Oct 27, 2017
Ontario
The extra battle payouts, process and all that jazz is kinda confusing. It's not explained well in the UI, to me at least.
Oh absolutely. The confusion has been palpable in this thread, and we're a GAMING FORUM! I shudder to think what some casual player who has read nothing and just picked up the game is going through.

For example, the Extra Battle against Shin Akuma has two symbols under reward, but the one against Rashid has three... but both only have two rewards listed in the description.

Kyuga

Oct 27, 2017
The blog has been updated gold shadaloo is on the 01/26-01/28 and it seems only 1 time FM reward.

OP
OP
jett

jett

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
Oct 30, 2017
People love the carrot on the stick, and earning lootboxes, medals, prestigious etc.

The days of playing a game just to play the game are gone. People want to be rewarded for playing.

If Street Fighter 2 came out today and people completed Arcade mode. They would be like is that it, where is the reward.

Garlador

Banned
Oct 30, 2017
People love the carrot on the stick, and earning lootboxes, medals, prestigious etc.

The days of playing a game just to play the game are gone. People want to be rewarded for playing.

If Street Fighter 2 came out today and people completed Arcade mode. They would be like is that it, where is the reward.
Then I'm glad we're not still expecting the standards of 1991...

I always compare Street Fighter, and other fighters, simply to their contemporaries. What is Tekken doing? What is Mortal Kombat and Injustice doing? What is Blazblue doing? What is Dead or Alive doing? What is Smash Bros. doing? What is Pokken Tournament doing? What is King of Fighters XIV doing? What is Killer Instinct doing? Etc. etc.

For MK and Injustice, as an mostly offline player, I appreciate the fact that "experience" is factored into ALL my matches, even offline against Arcade or local versus. I don't think it's weird to ask Capcom to do that same.

RecRoulette

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Then I'm glad we're not still expecting the standards of 1991...

I always compare Street Fighter, and other fighters, simply to their contemporaries. What is Tekken doing? What is Mortal Kombat and Injustice doing? What is Blazblue doing? What is Dead or Alive doing? What is Smash Bros. doing? What is Pokken Tournament doing? What is King of Fighters XIV doing? What is Killer Instinct doing? Etc. etc.

For MK and Injustice, as an mostly offline player, I appreciate the fact that "experience" is factored into ALL my matches, even offline against Arcade or local versus. I don't think it's weird to ask Capcom to do that same.

Not a fan of Injustice 2's gameplay (felt like a huge step back compared to MKX) but as a package that game is amazing, I wish I liked playing it more. It's like the opposite of Street Fighter and Tekken, games I really like playing, but the package is...not great.

Cordy

Oct 25, 2017
In retrospect NRS is really doing the damn thing for offline and casual players. I'm digging em.

All they have to do is fix their gameplay and animation and they've got it on lock. Everything else is suburb.

Allforce

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Lol so they halved all the FM rewards for Missions. Unbelievable.

I guess the Golden Soldiers could make up for it but lets see how tough they make those guys.

Garlador

Banned
Oct 30, 2017
Not a fan of Injustice 2's gameplay (felt like a huge step back compared to MKX) but as a package that game is amazing, I wish I liked playing it more. It's like the opposite of Street Fighter and Tekken, games I really like playing, but the package is...not great.
I feel you. For me, that "complete package" was probably Soul Calibur III. Great gameplay, adventure modes, alternate endings, tons of characters, create-your-own characters, an entire RTS mini-game... It made me hopeful for the future of fighting game content. MK and Injustice are a bit clunky, but I enjoy them and they've got an insane amount of content stuffed in.

Word, I like how in Injustice 2 you can unlock characters for free.
I spent $60 on Injustice and got everything that's coming out. Every costume, character, stage, alternate colors and shaders, and all the gear I care about (sans Nightwing's set... still missing the mask...).

I don't think I can say that for Street Fighter V. Not a knock against SFV's "hey, you can use FM to buy DLC" which I LOVE, but... well, even if you did, there's a substantial amount of content not included with either FM or the Season Pass.

Status
Not open for further replies.