Lobster Roll

signature-less, now and forever™
Sep 24, 2019
Week got to a start with Jerry Seinfeld and now we turn to Kansas City Chiefs Kicker, Harrison Butker.

sports.yahoo.com

Chiefs kicker Harrison Butker bashes Pride Month, tells women to stay in the kitchen

Kansas City Chiefs kicker Harrison Butker recently made a commencement address bashing Pride Month, and telling women to stay in the kitchen.

After delivering some incendiary comments about Covid and President Biden, Butker got around to what he perceives as a woman's ultimate and rightful place: the kitchen.

"I think it is you, the women, who have had the most diabolic lies told to you. Some of you may go on to lead successful careers in the world but I would venture to guess that the majority of you are most excited about your marriage and the children you will bring into this world.

"I can tell you that my beautiful wife Isabelle would be the first to say her life truly started when she started living her vocation as a wife and as a mother. I'm on this stage today, able to be the man that I am, because I have a wife who leans into her vocation.

"I'm beyond blessed with the many talents God has given me, but it cannot be overstated that all my success is made possible because a girl I met in band class back in middle school would convert to the faith, become my wife, and embrace one of the most important titles of all. Homemaker."

He also rails on against Pride Month and Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion. I got $10 on him and Rodgers starting a podcast when they both retire.

kmfdmpig

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Week got to a start with Jerry Seinfeld and now we turn to Kansas City Chiefs Kicker, Harrison Butker.

sports.yahoo.com

Chiefs kicker Harrison Butker bashes Pride Month, tells women to stay in the kitchen

Kansas City Chiefs kicker Harrison Butker recently made a commencement address bashing Pride Month, and telling women to stay in the kitchen.

He also rails on against Pride Month and Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion. I got $10 on him and Rodgers starting a podcast when they both retire.
He's a piece of shit. I say that as a Chiefs fan. Fuck Harrison Butker and his antiquated views.

Cipherr

Oct 26, 2017
Fucking clown, holy SHIT thats disappointing. Dude is all in on that shit too. Incredibly hateful comments here.

Volimar

volunteer forum janitor
Oct 25, 2017
I been watching the Chiefs for a couple seasons now since my mom's boyfriend is a fan, but I don't recall that name at all.

Fucking clown, holy SHIT thats disappointing. Dude is all in on that shit too. Incredibly hateful comments here.

Yeah he's just speedrunning the hateful misogynist bullshit like there's a time limit and he gets scored on how much he says.

WarMacheen

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Some of you will get jobs, but that stuff is bullshit, go make me a sandwich and have kids

Jan 23, 2024
Commencement speeches are now platforms for chuds to say truly wild shit when otherwise nobody would care about what these people have to say.

As a graduate of multiple degrees I also cannot possibly tell you what any of the commencement speeches said during mine. I was profoundly bored during most of the time at all my graduations.

Khanimus

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Greater Vancouver
"The world around us says that we should keep our beliefs to ourselves whenever they go against the tyranny of diversity, equity and inclusion," Butker said. "We fear speaking truth, because now, unfortunately, truth is in the minority."
Can't blame all this fuckwit's stupidity on taking afew too many shots to the head. He might just be a vile fuckwit.

SwampBastard

The Fallen
Nov 1, 2017
Never heard of the dude before this thread and I wish that were still the case. I hope someone keys his car.

JEH

Prophet of Truth
Oct 25, 2017
That was worse than I'd imagined.

"Congrats on the degree. Btw it was a waste of time because you should be pushing out babies and making dinner by now"

Tamanon

Oct 25, 2017
Tony Dungy would be super proud of him. Not the sinful proud of course. What an asshole.

Whipwhopper

Oct 7, 2020
Horrible, but what kind of school was it? I'm assuming it was a super conservative or religious school that probably shares the same terrible views

Gr8one

Oct 25, 2017
Horrible, but what kind of school was it? I'm assuming it was a super conservative or religious school that probably shares the same terrible views

From the article,
Butker recently delivered the commencement address at Benedictine College, a liberal arts institution in Atchison, Kansas. This is the same college that once forced out gay basketball player Jallen Messersmith to remove a rainbow flag from his dorm room window.

ryan13ts

Oct 28, 2017
So he's screeching out gay pride, strongly implying women should just cook and be baby factories, and crying about equality?

He could make a stereotypical 1950's Boomer wince with all that vomit-worthy nonsense at once.

j7vikes

Definitely not shooting blanks
Jan 5, 2020
KC and its fans are absolute trash.

Always important to paint large groups of people with as broad a brush as possible right?

KC fans have long known Harrison Butker was a piece of shit and this isn't surprising to us it's just becoming more known.

Let's just hope your lumping large groups of people into one bag stops with just KC fans and not others.

Jerm411

Oct 27, 2017
Clinton, MO
They constantly draft trash people and their fans (despite knowing it's offensive as fuck) continue to do the tomahawk chop at every game. Celebrate them all you want.

I'm a Chiefs fan so I know more about it than you or anyone else for sure...

Miss me with the drafting trash players stuff, every team in this league does it.

The other shit is awful and there's plenty of fans like myself that don't agree with it.

I don't agree with this either and think it's abhorrent.

Covering the entire fanbase and labeling them as trash because of how some view or believe is ridiculous.

Loud Wrong

Feb 24, 2020
Always important to paint large groups of people with as broad a brush as possible right?

KC fans have long known Harrison Butker was a piece of shit and this isn't surprising to us it's just becoming more known.

Let's just hope your lumping large groups of people into one bag stops with just KC fans and not others.
Any fan base that does the chop at every game is trash. There ya go. Also, the fanbase of the team I support is trash too for not doing enough to stem the racist bullshit many of its fans engage in (Boston).

Yerffej

Prophet of Regret
Oct 25, 2017
Ladies, stay in your barefoot, kitchen confined lanes amirite? Why are you booing?

The Albatross

Oct 25, 2017
I think it's better to stick the criticism to the guy making these misogynistic, hateful comments and not say that anybody who roots for some sports team is "absolute trash." Cmon. At best you're being an asshole and derailing the thread, at worst you're deflecting criticism of the asshole by trying to redirect it on millions of other people, particularly people who are members of this community and are not hateful "absolute trash" humans. Stop being so reductive to the point of stupid hostility.

I'm not a chiefs fan, I root against them every year, but cmon, it's like saying every jets fan is an antivaxer absolute trash human because the billionaire owner signed Aaron Rodgers or every Dallas Mavs fan is absolute trash because they signed Kyrie to try to win a title.

bmdubya

Nov 1, 2017
Colorado
He's always been shitty; he was a outspoken against the COVID vaccine back in 2021. I'm a Chiefs fan and my respect for him begins and ends with his ability to kick a football. Outside of that, fuck him.

Loud Wrong

Feb 24, 2020
I think it's better to stick the criticism to the guy making these misogynistic, hateful comments and not say that anybody who roots for some sports team is "absolute trash." Cmon. At best you're being an asshole and derailing the thread, at worst you're deflecting criticism of the asshole by trying to redirect it on millions of other people, particularly people who are members of this community and are not hateful "absolute trash."
It speaks more to what we as sports fans will tolerate in the name of winning. How many other jobs could this guy have where he would be cheered for his performance from both people on the left and right despite his abhorrent views? As long as we don't demand better, teams and owners won't either. Just like offensive chants during games. If enough fans spoke out, it would get shut down. Sports prowess shouldn't trump decency.

TrojanAg

Unshakable Resolve
Oct 25, 2017
He's not even a real football player. Who invites a kicker to a commencement speech? LOL

Slayven

Never read a comic in his life
Oct 25, 2017
They hate diversity because they love just saying the exact same shit word for word .

Xyer

Avenger
Aug 26, 2018
Bro if it wasn't for Andy Reid, Mahomes and Kelce, nobody would even know who you are. Lol.

Coyote Starrk

The Fallen
Oct 30, 2017
Praising his wife because she is basically his housekeeper then encourages all the women in audience to do the same.

What the fuck.

The Albatross

Oct 25, 2017
It speaks more to what we as sports fans will tolerate in the name of winning. How many other jobs could this guy have where he would be cheered for his performance from both people on the left and right despite his abhorrent views? As long as we don't demand better, teams and owners won't either. Just like offensive chants during games. If enough fans spoke out, it would get shut down. Sports prowess shouldn't trump decency.

Stop trying to deflect or pretend like you didn't say something that's idiotic, or that you had some "greater point to make about the nature of sports" or something. What you originally wrote doesn't "speak to what we're willing to tolerate as fans of sports," and that's what me and others are taking exception too.

Harrison butker sucks ass, I never knew he was a misogynist piece of shit, now I do, hope he breaks his leg. I don't think it reflects anything on any other chiefs fans, of which they're probably the most popular team in the nfl and millions of fans especially young new fans who got into them this year because of Taylor swift, a lot of which are young teenage girls, and we shouldn't knee jerk "they're absolute trash" just because the kicker reveals himself to be a dirt bag. If you want to make greater points about the nature of sports and what we're willing to tolerate because the asshole kicker is a good kicker and a bad person, then go for it, you didn't do that though.