super-famicom

Avenger
Oct 26, 2017
Coca-Cola just unleashed their Bankai

iu

_w850.png

japantoday.com

Coca-Cola’s newest Japan flavor is Bleach (with a capital B)

Generally, the most successful foreign food/beverage brands in Japan are the ones that try to do something special for the local market. Take Pepsi, for example, who’s created such Japan-exclusive drinks as sakura Pepsi, yuzu Pepsi, and the mysterious Pepsi Ghost. In contrast, Coca-Cola Japan...

In contrast, Coca-Cola Japan plays it pretty conservatively, with the apple Coke from a while back being about as outside the box as they're willing to go. But the company's newest flavor is something very Japanese: Bleach Coke.

Don't worry, though, Coca-Cola Japan isn't mixing its signature soft drink with cleaning supplies. That's Bleach with a capital B, as the new Japan-exclusive flavor is a tie-up with anime/manga franchise "Bleach," in celebration of the soon-to-premiere long-awaited extension of the anime adaptation, "Bleach: Thousand-Year Blood War."

Soul Blast, as the flavor is officially called, is part of the Coca-Cola Zero Sugar lineup, and is billed as an "Action Flavor" that helps you "become the strongest version of yourself possible." Coca-Cola Japan doesn't provide any other specifics on what exactly this drinkable Bankai tastes like, though they do invite us to "Taste the action."

A.J.

Oct 25, 2017
I'm glad the Ichigo's fullbringer bankai is still getting some love. It was my favorite of his bankai designs.

Last edited:

SasaBassa

Oct 25, 2017
I still don't understand why Bleach is getting all this love. Like more than naruto and approaching a side DB story.

Idc bc I like bleach but yeah. It can't be the writing that's making it get this press lmao. Is it just bc it's starting again next week?

OP
OP
super-famicom

super-famicom

Avenger
Oct 26, 2017
I still don't understand why Bleach is getting all this love. Like more than naruto and approaching a side DB story.

Idc bc I like bleach but yeah. It can't be the writing that's making it get this press lmao. Is it just bc it's starting again next week?

Yeah, this is just promoting the new season.

Oct 28, 2017
Does Bleach mean bleach in Japanese? Why is the show called Bleach anyway? I watched 150 plus eps and I have no idea.

viral

Oct 25, 2017
Does Bleach mean bleach in Japanese? Why is the show called Bleach anyway? I watched 150 plus eps and I have no idea.

I remember reading somewhere that it's because of Ichigo's hair color.

Edit: Apparently bullshit https://www.cbr.com/bleach-name-explained/

Rukia was designed before anything else for Bleach and was made to look like a classic shinigami, dressed in simple, yet distinct, black kimono and wielding a katana. Rukia came to embody the aesthetic Tite Kubo wanted, and he named the entire series after it. The first title he came up with was Black, but as he explained in an interview, he felt that it was too simple a title, as was the inversion,"White." So, Kubo changed "White" to Bleach, referring to how he "bleached" the black clothes of the Reapers to give his new shonen manga an unexpected name.

So it's basically referring to how Rukia's black clothes changed to white when she gave her powers to Ichigo in the first chapter I guess.

Last edited:

squeakywheel

Oct 29, 2017
Canada
I learned the hard way never to keep these fancy aluminum can drinks as a collector's item. I had some Simpsons ones when they came out here for the 7-11 stores. The acid chewed through over the year I had them sealed. Made such a huge mess.