Deleted member 8257

Oct 26, 2017
China accused of genocide over forced abortions of Uighur Muslim women as escapees reveal widespread sexual torture

kazakhstan-women-1022bca6-e7b0-11e9-a331-2df12d56a80b.jpg

Some said they were forced to undergo abortions in China's Muslim-majority province of Xinjiang, others that they had contraceptive devices implanted against their will while in detention.

One reported being raped. Many said they were subjected to sexual humiliation, from being filmed in the shower to having their intimate parts rubbed with chili paste.
In December 2017, Gulzira Mogdyn, a 38-year-old ethnic Kazakh and Chinese citizen, was detained in Xinjiang after a visit to Kazakhstan because WhatsApp was found on her phone.

She was placed under house arrest and examined by doctors at a nearby clinic, who discovered she was 10 weeks pregnant.

Officials told her she was not allowed to have what would be her fourth child. The following month, Ms Mogdyn said, doctors "cut my foetus out" without using anaesthesia. She still suffers from complications.

"Two humans were lost in this tragedy – my baby and me," Ms Mogdyn said during an interview on the outskirts of Almaty, Kazakhstan's largest city.
Ms Umarova sees the women's stories as forming a pattern.

"Sexually violating women, including stopping them from reproducing, has become a weapon for China against its Muslim population," she said.

The US government and human rights groups estimate that between one million and three million Muslims have been detained in Chinese "re-education camps" since 2017, most of them Uighurs.

The Washington Post spoke with two men, including an Australian citizen named Almas Nizamidin, who suspect that their wives, both Uighurs still in detention in Xinjiang, were forced to terminate their pregnancies at a camp in 2017.

In addition to mistreating detained women, rights groups and experts say Beijing has pursued a campaign to erase Muslim culture in Xinjiang, by pushing interethnic marriages and sending Chinese officials for "home stays" with Muslim families, part of efforts by president Xi Jinping's government to assimilate ethnic minorities.

All of this amounts to genocide as laid out by the UN Convention on the Prevention and Punishment of the Crime of Genocide, said Rushan Abbas, founder and executive director of the Washington-based Campaign for Uyghurs.

"And as with so much in Chinese culture, women are being targeted, as they are viewed as less valuable," said Ms Abbas, who said her sister was abducted in Xinjiang a year ago and has not been heard from since.

Some allegations extend further back. After the Urumqi riots in 2009, which analysts say triggered the harsh security measures now in place across Xinjiang, Islamic studies student Ruqiye Perhat was held in various prisons for four years.

There, the Uighur woman says, she was repeatedly raped by Han Chinese guards, resulting in two pregnancies.
Theres much more horrific stories in the link

Cation

The Fallen
Oct 28, 2017
I hope china collapses tbh. Tear down that firewall and let chaos ensue, shit is better than having a monstrous regime

Deleted member 8860

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
The world simply does not care about what happens within China's [expanded] borders, no matter how horrific. "Never again" is a bald-faced lie.

In before China stans and whataboutism.

0VERBYTE

Banned
Nov 1, 2017
This is a straight up modern day holocaust!!

I hope nothing happens to this lady for speaking out. But i already know the answer to that.

Zed

Oct 28, 2017
As long as the West is economically intertwined with China nothing is going to be done about this.

plusaflag

User requested ban
Banned
Jan 7, 2019
There are many accounts of atrocities being commited against the Uyghur minority in these last three weeks, all pointing towards inhumane treatment.
Do we have an answer from the Chinese administration about this?

CenturionNami

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Nov 2, 2017
It's insane to me how one second this administration can do something unbearably petty (Like utterly destroy people's livelihoods over a hidden joke in a piece of media) then commit such barbaric, horrific, and disgusting acts like genocide on an entire population.

Most corrupt and evil government in the world. Something needs to be done. But nothing will be.

Ogodei

One Winged Slayer
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Coruscant
The world simply does not care about what happens within China's [expanded] borders, no matter how horrific. "Never again" is a bald-faced lie.

In before China stans and whataboutism.

"Never again, as long as it's not remotely politically inconvenient," is the better term, like how everyone either sat on their hands or, like the French, helped the side committing the genocide in Rwanda.

*However,* there's still a virtue in saying the words, as the mere belief that genocide won't be tolerated is what does things like stay China's hand from full-on death camps here.

aisback

Oct 27, 2017
I love you China but all this shit makes it hard for me to continue to love you.

Something definitely needs to be done about this

Sheepinator

Jul 25, 2018
A few months ago Vice did a piece on the "vanishing Muslims" in China. Very chilling. It's a half hour watch and well worth the time. People are taken away during the night and Vice even got film of it, despite being followed often by some undercover people. There are cameras everywhere. Police stopped them regularly. The kids "schools" are locked up behind bars. Scary stuff.

I assume the person asking what Trump will do about it was trolling. To say he gives no fucks about it would be an understatement.

OP
OP

Deleted member 8257

Oct 26, 2017
Dude, think of the millions of others that need to get out! Wtf...
I know, but lady in question is safe from speaking out against the government. The millions trapped in there, there's no one to speak for them other than people like her.

Deleted member 11413

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
This deserves a lot more media attention, it's a modern-day Holocaust
That's absolutely what this is.
I was just thinking this

China is a terrible terrible country. Their growing influence on the world is an awful thing.

Do Chinese citizens just not care?
They largely don't know this is happening, and those that do aren't going to speak out from within in the country because they know that speaking out leads to this happening to them.

The Uighurs are just the next in a long line of undesirables the Chinese government has engaged in genocide against. Prior to this it was political dissidents and the Folun Gong (both groups are still being persecuted like this).

thewienke

Oct 25, 2017
Besides economic entanglement, they could openly commit full scale genocide and nobody would do anything because nukes.

There's really nothing to be done to forcibly stop a full fledged nuclear power other than economic pressure which is difficult when you're talking about everyone's personal factory floor.

Muad'dib

Banned
Jun 7, 2018
I don't blame China for their brutality and savagery, the strong do what they can and the weak suffer what they must.

I blame us, our so called "leaders", autocrats and monarchs alike, even our own tribal leaders and communities, even ourselves. We're too busy branding each other as heretics and khawarij, killing our own in Yemen, Syria, Sinai, Iraq that countries like China and Israel for that matter can do whatever they want with us because they know we don't even value ourselves.

If we even bothered to be a strong nation again, none of this would happen, but we are governed by half men wannabe kings who care more to keep their thrones and amass an ungodly amount of wealth than to actually serve the Muslim nation. We're only strong against each other, pathetic.

Sheepinator

Jul 25, 2018
I was just thinking this

China is a terrible terrible country. Their growing influence on the world is an awful thing.

Do Chinese citizens just not care?
From the video I just posted:

[talking about the camps]
"Do you feel sorry for them"?
"I don't. No need to feel sorry. They still lag behind the Han Chinese."

mutantmagnet

Oct 28, 2017
Only way anything can change without direct conflict is the world united against China but that will never happen. The best the Uighers can hope for while in that country is the rest of the country angry enough at their leadership to force them out and replace them with new leaders for other issues that concern them.

Epiphyte

Nov 4, 2017
I don't blame China for their brutality and savagery, the strong do what they can and the weak suffer what they must.

I blame us, our so called "leaders", autocrats and monarchs alike, even our own tribal leaders and communities, even ourselves. We're too busy branding each other as heretics and khawarij, killing our own in Yemen, Syria, Sinai, Iraq that countries like China and Israel for that matter can do whatever they want with us because they know we don't even value ourselves.

If we even bothered to be a strong nation again, none of this would happen, but we are governed by half men wannabe kings who care more to keep their thrones and amass an ungodly amount of wealth than to actually serve the Muslim nation. We're only strong against each other, pathetic.
The fuck kinda white man's burden shit is this?

Yeah, can't hold those wily celestials accountable, they know not what they do