nilbog

Oct 25, 2017
Post any celebrities and how they are handling their time in isolation. Here's a few:

Br3wnor

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
why should any of us care what they are up to

I saw a tweet about how maybe this virus finally kills celebrity culture and I really think it's going to lessen it. Many people are realizing thag what these celebrities are doing on a daily basis is meaningless, like we'll still enjoy their art and talent but the absolute societal fawning over them might really change after all this.

Leona Lewis

Oct 25, 2017
I saw a tweet about how maybe this virus finally kills celebrity culture and I really think it's going to lessen it. Many people are realizing thag what these celebrities are doing on a daily basis is meaningless, like we'll still enjoy their art and talent but the absolute societal fawning over them might really change after all this.
Yeah, bloggers Tom and Lorenzo probably put it best: Celebrities, This is Not What We Need From You Right Now

No one wants to see Madonna live-streaming her coronavirus bunker. Actually, no one wants to see Madonna period.

CloudWolf

Oct 26, 2017
That Imagine video is going on my list of Worst Things in 2020.

I don't even get why they chose Imagine, as it's all about human strive and has zero relevance to the current situation. Also, a bunch of super rich people singing 'Imagine no possessions' in a situation where many people across the globe are getting laid off and losing their livelihood is some next level stupidity.

PSOreo

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Thought this was the Cringe thread for a second there. Who gives a shit about these rich people who aren't even donating to help people in need.

TheGhost

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Long Island
Not at all
People will still look to them as a reason to distract from their day to day

Galkinator

Chicken Chaser
Oct 27, 2017
Rich celebs: hey how about we sing u some shit while yall lose your jobs, money and health? Btw we stuck in our huge mansions too lol quarantine sucksss

Nigel Tufnel

Mar 5, 2019

I don't even get why they chose Imagine, as it's all about human strive and has zero relevance to the current situation. Also, a bunch of super rich people singing 'Imagine no possessions' in a situation where many people across the globe are getting laid off and losing their livelihood is some next level stupidity.
Its liking hearing "Working Man" play in a Walmart.

Br3wnor

Banned
Oct 27, 2017

And the fact that they couldn't even do a coordinated money raising effort or something with it is mind boggling. Like how about all the celebrities announced they'd donated $100,000 each to local food banks from their home towns or something would have actually made the singing garbage at least less tone deaf

Oct 27, 2017
must be so hard self-quarantining in a mansion and having servants deliver whatever you need or want.
Anything to desperately get attention even during a pandemic.

Last edited:

Doggg

▲ Legend ▲
Nov 17, 2017
Pretty nonsensical song choice and not really inspiring or uplifting.

Jroc

Jun 9, 2018
I seriously can't fathom how someone could have a hard time staying in their house for 6 days with all the technology we have available in 2020. Let alone someone who probably lives in a mansion with various amenities and zero financial worry.

Secretofmateria

User requested ban
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
"Hahah see! Even they are just every day people like us!" Myself and people around me are probably gonna get laid off and work might be unatainable for the next year while im also not allowed to get a test for the virus. I dont need to
Be talked down to by the one percent who has none of these issues to worry about. You think if jennifer aniston suspects she's sick they will say no to her!? This whole thing is fucked up.

Deleted member 17388

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Imagine rich people singing about "no possessions" from their fully owned homes without having to worry about next week's payment.

It gave us this though:

jay

Oct 25, 2017
I only listen to people who tell me what to do while in their mansions's jacuzzi.

chefbags

Oct 25, 2017
Because they're regular people. They have access to the same resources and medical care just like you do.

Uhhhh pretty sure they got way better resources than all of us lol. Like probably all of us who signed up in this forum combined.

Anyways celebrities chilling and having fun in their big houses during this quarantine while a lot of us are getting laid off or risking ourselves to get groceries is tone deaf af.

Oct 28, 2017
Beyonce rented out an entire floor of a hospital to have her baby in privacy. The hospital had to move the poor people to different areas of the hospital.

HustleBun

Nov 12, 2017
I kind of appreciate the ones of celebs just being goofballs. The Madonna one is pretty relatable sadly.

I hate the Imagine one though. I don't hate those people but that's the shit that makes me cringe.

HellofaMouse

Oct 27, 2017
i guess spending a couple of months where we dont have to be exposed to like 3 celebs an hour was too much to hope for

Lulu

Saw the truth behind the copied door
Oct 25, 2017
How are they handling it in there giant house with a ton of amenities? I wonder