• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

oledome

Oct 25, 2017
User banned (1 day): wishing death on others
the whole family should be walked twelve miles into a desert

and euthanised

ry-dog

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
They gave the cat to a shelter and asked them to put it down. Because they didn't want it.

Why do people in this thread think this is acceptable or humane?

Is it really that much less acceptable/humane than us killing animals for our taste buds?

GatsGatsby

Oct 27, 2017
West Columbia, SC
Fuck that family I'll be the asshole to say if they get another pet and they adore that animal that its only fucking karma that something unfortunate happens to it.

Toby is a beautiful cat when that winter coat comes in he'll be a majestic floofer.

Jtendo '82

Banned
Nov 18, 2017
After trying to give him away first. For all we know the family has a baby allergic to cats or something, but to go out like this:

smh...

The feeling is mutual. You can't seriously think it's okay to have another living thing killed because it's an inconvenience? I HATE spiders but I will still do my best to try and trap and release them.

Ontoue

Oct 27, 2017
If they don't want the cat the solution is to give it to a shelter and be done with it. Specifically asking for it to be killed just because you don't want it to come back is some fucking psycho shit. Imma go pet my cat.

PMS341

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt-account
Banned
Oct 29, 2017
lol @ sociopaths defending the family in any capacity

Normal human beings with empathy would do anything in their power to help the cat find a new home, not say "well fuck it, I guess it should die instead". Some braindead individuals in this thread.

Because if it's not a non-kill shelter then a real possibility is it spends the rest of it's life in a cage and then gets euthanized anyways.

Better just to murder it upfront, right? Fucking lunatic.

ry-dog

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Yes, I think so. There is at least reason for slaughter in that case.

There's a reason in this case too. But in neither case is there are necessity to slaughter. I just don't think animal rights has advanced to the point where I'm comfortable calling the family pieces of shit or the act inhumane.

Dynamite Cop

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
California
I volunteer at an animal shelter, and it's pretty apparent which animals had to be given up by the owner or the owner died compared to the behavior of a stray that had been living in the streets for a while. Pretty sad when a cat or dog will quickly sit on your lap and stand by your side when you first meet them. You know they must be missing their previous family.

ldcommando

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
"Oh my god this fucking cat that we gave away is going to keep coming back, isn't it? Let's kill it!"

Totally fucked up

And that picture in the article, right in the feels.

VISION

Oct 25, 2017
Any pet i give away that tracks me down 12 miles to come back to me is instantly my buddy for life. I really dont get people who look at animals like objects... fucking depressing.

Weltall Zero

Game Developer
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Madrid
After trying to give him away first. For all we know the family has a baby allergic to cats or something, but to go out like this:

If you think euthanizing a cat you don't want is an acceptable solution at all you're a fucking asshole, period. If you even think of doing this to a cat that walked 12 miles to get back to you... yeah, I'm out of descriptive terms. But sure, die on that hill, I'm certain the family had a perfectly good reason, like it being the cat that was prophesied to bring the apocalypse.

To anyone else out there with an ounce of common sense, there are organizations and individuals in pretty much every city of every country that will help you find a foster home for a cat. Spend more than five minutes to spare the life of someone who depends on you.

smfh indeed. There is no shortage of animal abusers and people who'll defend them.

You guys who work/volunteer in shelters - thank you for the service you provide. I just donated to my local shelter

You're welcome! A time as good as any to plug the missus' page:
https://www.facebook.com/mininos.demadrid

There's a reason in this case too.

No, there isn't, and in my country at least, it would in fact be illegal.

But in neither case is there are necessity to slaughter. I just don't think animal rights has advanced to the point where I'm comfortable calling the family pieces of shit or the act inhumane.

I couldn't be more confortable with it. Like, it's a double king size waterbed in terms of confortable statements for me.

Last edited:

Flame Lord

Oct 26, 2017
Some of you talk like they curb stomped the cat at the door. They tried to give him away and it didn't work, which is more than most, and instead of having to deal with him coming back again and again, and probably dying on that journey eventually, they took him to a shelter, and now it has a new home. Unless they were just demanding that they off it instead of find it a home, I don't see the problem.

BakedTanooki

Oct 27, 2017
Germany
Some of you talk like they curb stomped the cat at the door. They tried to give him away and it didn't work, which is more than most, and instead of having to deal with him coming back again and again, and probably dying on that journey eventually, they took him to a shelter, and now it has a new home. Unless they were just demanding that they off it instead of find it a home, I don't see the problem.

Did you miss the part where they wanted the cat getting killed?

Tigress

Oct 25, 2017
Washington

Uh, I think you missed that theynrequested the shelter put it to sleep. They didn't just take it there. They wanted it killed.

Shaneus

Oct 27, 2017
My second cat, Spooky, was a rescue from the Humane Society and good lord, he is the cutest fucking cat.

Even if he did not work out, I would never ever, at any point, even remotely think about putting him down unless it had something to do with feline leukemia or some shit.

Goddammit, now I gotta go hug my Spooks (Aka, Spookers, Spookadooks, Spookaroni & Cheese and Sir Spooks-A-Lot) and my little buddy Le Chiffre (aka Chiffrey, Beefy Chiffrey, Chiffresters, Queen LeChiffre-a, and about a billion others)
You have a Spooks! We also have a Spooks/Spooky:
g8hzykWl.jpg

As seen with our greyhound, Jasper. Not shown: Chloe, Spooky's grumpier sister. Spooks is basically a puppy dog, just follows my wife and I everywhere and basically meowbarks all the time.

And yes, that's a single white whisker she had for a while :)

Last edited:

Flame Lord

Oct 26, 2017
Uh, I think you missed that theynrequested the shelter put it to sleep. They didn't just take it there. They wanted it killed.

No I didn't miss it. I'm saying that despite that, the cat found a home. Maybe they thought that was their only choice, but learned otherwise once they got there. Either way I think it's pretty shitty to deem people evil without knowing their circumstances. They put in the effort to find an owner before they took him to the shelter, which is more than can be said of others.

Shaneus

Oct 27, 2017
And sadly, this is not the most outrageous person wanted an animal euthanized story I have heard but it is close (I don't care why they didn't want it, to ask for it to be killed rather than at least giving it to the shelter to rehome, at the very least, is fucking horrendous and I hope they never get an animal again. Fuck those people).

My mom years ago had an employee who was upset. Her neighbor had a dog the employee absolutely loved. The neighbor decided she didn't want to take care of the dog anymore and was going to have it euthanized so the employee offered to take the dog. The neighbor refuse because she didn't want the dog to love some one more than her. If there is a hell I hope that lady goes to it when she dies. To kill a living thing just because you don't want it to love some one else, especially when you decide you don't want to bother to take care of it... I can't even.
The fuck.

Tigress

Oct 25, 2017
Washington
No I didn't miss it. I'm saying that despite that, the cat found a home. Maybe they thought that was their only choice, but learned otherwise once they got there. Either way I think it's pretty shitty to deem people evil without knowing their circumstances. They put in the effort to find an owner before they took him to the shelter, which is more than can be said of others.

No they did not. They didn't even just give it to the shelter to rehome. They asked the shelter to put the cat to sleep. Just cause they did the right thing once doesn't mean they get a pass when they go straight to kill the cat the second time.

Most others don't ask for the pet to be euthanized unless the pet is dangerous to others. The only people they did better are the ones that take an animal out and throw it on the highway or put it in a bag and drown them. Just cause they did better than that very very very low bar does not excuse them.

Oh yeah, and for people saying we don't know why.... I don't care why. The only good reason to go straight to killing the animal is 1. The animal is aggressive and cannot be re homed safely 2. It's the shelter and they gave the animal a chance but because of over population have to make room (that's not really going straight to killing the animal though). They could have given it to the shelter and let the shelter try to re home the animal. The fact the shelter did is no excuse for the fact they wanted the cat killed.