Trouble

Oct 25, 2017
Seattle-ish
www.elonowesyou100dollars.com

Elon Musk Owes You $100 • Cards Against Humanity Saves America Day 7

Elon Musk stole your land, and now he owes you $100.

We have terrible news. Seven years ago, 150,000 people paid us $15 to protect a pristine parcel of land on the US-Mexico border from racist billionaire Donald Trump's very stupid wall.

Unfortunately, an even richer, more racist billionaire⸺Elon Musk⸺snuck up on us from behind and completely fucked that land with gravel, tractors, and space garbage.

2017: BEFORE MUSK​
before.jpg

2024: AFTER MUSK​
after.jpg

Just look at it! He fucked it.

How did this happen? Elon Musk's SpaceX was building some space thing nearby, and he figured he could just dump his shit all over our gorgeous plot of land without asking. After we caught him, SpaceX gave us a 12-hour ultimatum to accept a lowball offer for less than half our land's value. We said, "Go fuck yourself, Elon Musk. We'll see you in court.

P.S. We will also accept Twitter.com as compensation.

If you bought Cards Against Humanity Saves America, you can sign up on the website to get your $100 if/when the lawsuit succeeds.

Jan 23, 2024
Wild that SpaceX (and probably many other companies) just use land adjacent to theirs that's clearly outside of their land and just assume nobody will notice/care.

Nepenthe

When the music hits, you feel no pain.
Administrator
Oct 25, 2017
White billionaires fucking up the Earth? Just a day that ends in Y.

RadzPrower

One Winged Slayer
Jan 19, 2018
Wild that SpaceX (and probably many other companies) just use land adjacent to theirs that's clearly outside of their land and just assume nobody will notice/care.
Happens all the time. I actually attend the city council and town hall meetings of my tiny rural town on the regular and there's constant discussion about it either from currently disgruntled residents who have people doing this or residents near new developments who are asking the council to ensure that it does not happen to them. And this is rural, but also clearly still somebody's residence in some cases.

Hellshy

Nov 5, 2017
Rules often don't apply to the rich. There is a large tree service company in my state that was using the property next to their lot to dump material and clear trees. Nothing ended up happened when the property owners found out. I believe the land was owned by a bank. They put up a fuss at first but ended up just selling off the property to someone else. I guess it helps to have friends in high places as this was no small tree service company.

ZeoVGM

Oct 25, 2017
Providence, RI
Elon Musk's SpaceX was building some space thing nearby, and he figured he could just dump his shit all over our gorgeous plot of land without asking. After we caught him, SpaceX gave us a 12-hour ultimatum to accept a lowball offer for less than half our land's value

These fucks really do think they're untouchable.

FatalT

Feb 24, 2019

hikarutilmitt

"This guy are sick"
Dec 16, 2017
This happens with nearly anything being developed. Unless you watch something being developed near you like a hawk, the developer will just dump whatever shit they have on the property without a care in the world. Our house was being built and they were building the last one of the subdivision right next to us, and they constantly had dirt, debris and materials on our lawn that had just been laid with sod. They also dumped a pile of dirt and shit on the cable pedestal in the yard that my cable guy had to literally dig out with a shovel when hooking up my internet (because the builder failed to connect my lines to literally anything).

I still, still, have a big metal piece of something sticking out of my lawn that I've been trying to safely pull up for years. I'm reasonably certain it's not connected to anything, but I think I'm just going to take a shovel to it some time so that someone like my kid or our neighbors don't just impale themselves on it

DrFunk

Oct 25, 2017
Is Max Temkin still kinda weird? Wasn't he involved in the Me Too situation?

Edit: oh he left

Oct 27, 2017
I just checked and I signed up before so submitted my info.
I went to the old website, am I the only one that never got half the stuff they claim to have sent out? I was bought into CAH early and signed up for most stuff but always remember getting like half the stuff for Hannukah, Christmas, Save America...?

Alent

"This guy are sick"
Oct 28, 2017
That's probably just couch money to Musk, but i want him to lose in everything all the same. Entitled fucks just messing with stuff that isn't theirs.

bluexy

Comics Enabler & Freelance Games Journalist
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
ELON MUSK'S SHIT ON MY PROPERTY? UNACCEPTABLE!

Order #4844 here, demanding justice -- and more importantly recompense. But first, justice.

Captain of Outer Space

Come Sale Away With Me
Oct 28, 2017
The Reuters article about the SpaceX dealings in South Texas has some wild stuff:

A local that noticed what SpaceX was doing called CAH to let them know about the bullshit going on at their land:
Neighbors of Starbase continue to be perplexed by some of SpaceX's activities. Last year, a homeowner in the area, Keith Reynolds, noticed that SpaceX builders had cleared a parcel and were storing construction materials there. The parcel belonged to Cards Against Humanity, a card game company that sometimes engages in progressive political activism and bought land there to thwart a border wall with Mexico.

Reynolds said he called SpaceX to complain, but got no response. He also phoned an executive at Cards Against Humanity to inform them. The executive, who asked not to be identified by name, told Reuters that Denise Marrufo, a SpaceX real estate analyst, called afterward, asking if the company wanted to sell the property.

The executive ignored the offer.

Marrufo didn't respond to a request for comment.

Johnson, the retiree who refused to sell her houses, said SpaceX's offer wasn't enough to tempt her. The company, she said, made her a take-it-or-leave-it offer of $340,000 for both houses, and told her it wouldn't consider buying just one.

Today, she is one of just a handful of original neighbors remaining. Most residents now are SpaceX workers, many of them living in refurbished neocolonial and modernist homes.

At some point, former SpaceX employees and locals told Reuters, Starbase workers took down a Boca Chica sign identifying their village. They said workers also removed a statue of the Virgin of Guadalupe, an icon revered by the predominantly Mexican-American residents who long lived in the area.

"SpaceX has been good for SpaceX and the elected officials that helped it come here," said Johnson. "All Elon Musk has done for me is destroy my dreams."

Twister

Feb 11, 2019
It's funny because one of the only people I despise more than Donald Trump is Elon Musk.

I don't even have a word that could accurately describe how intense my dislike of Elon is. I don't think there is a word, to be frank

Antrax

Oct 25, 2017
Happens all the time. I actually attend the city council and town hall meetings of my tiny rural town on the regular and there's constant discussion about it either from currently disgruntled residents who have people doing this or residents near new developments who are asking the council to ensure that it does not happen to them. And this is rural, but also clearly still somebody's residence in some cases.
Yeah and it's not just corporations and whatnot. A lot of my local property line disputes are people doing shit like paving a driveway over pieces of land they don't own, for example

Probably at least 30% of owners don't have an accurate understanding of where their property lines are

DealWithIt

Oct 28, 2017
CAH is ass. It's fake humor with a side of ableism, racism etc. But musk is even worse. So, I wish them well.

May 29, 2023
I'm am deeply, DEEPLY disturbed by this news! I will furrow by brow like never before. However, I will need 14 or 15 more solid examples of evil ineptitude before cancelling my Twitter account and selling my Tesla. I mean, after all, I want to take a stand but I don't want to deal with mild inconvenience!