Neoxon

Spotlighting Black Excellence - Diversity Analyst
Oct 25, 2017
Houston, TX

Maybe we will get a Capcom Cup reveal for Street Fighter VI.

Source: Capcom (via the Street Fighter V Fall 2021 Update - Luke Showcase, screenshots posted on my Twitter)

Last edited:

shadowman16

Oct 25, 2017
I just want more showcases like we got over the last year. Far better than the awful communication we got from prior seasons. Glad that they seemingly confirmed that these will return when more SF news comes (so hoping they stick around for the life of SFVI)

Deleted member 1102

Account closed at user request
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Screenshot_2021-11-23_at_23.31.37.png

Screenshot_2021-11-23_at_23.32.51.png

Screenshot_2021-11-23_at_23.32.20.png

SF6 is coming ya'll. Lock if old.

CountAntonio

Oct 25, 2017
With how well they have been doing with SFV lately hopefully they ride the momentum into SF6. The game could be really special.

Nano-Nandy

Mar 26, 2019
Thought it was confirmed already, with the new director and the new character been a tease of "the future". Guess it was a rumor.

Deleted member 1102

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I just want more showcases like we got over the last year. Far better than the awful communication we got from prior seasons. Glad that they seemingly confirmed that these will return when more SF news comes (so hoping they stick around for the life of SFVI)

100%. I want these throughout SF6's life, they're amazing. Them basically doing a victory lap at the end there gives me hope that they know how well they're received.

Cordy

Oct 25, 2017
I still hope he's gonna be the Ken of that game. I can't imagine him as the Ryu. Dude's design still sucks ass.

OP
OP
Neoxon

Neoxon

Oct 25, 2017
Houston, TX
I still hope he's gonna be the Ken of that game. I can't imagine him as the Ryu. Dude's design still sucks ass.
Yeah, I'd be fine with this. Going from having a person of color be SFV's frontman (Rashid) to just another white guy would be a damn shame.

Fat4all

Woke up, got a money tag, swears a lot
Oct 25, 2017
here
just dont make luke the lead character

please

oh god please

Nama

A Big Deal
Nov 2, 2017
Not a big fan of him being "important" unless he gets some visual changes or more interesting personality. Maybe if a ton of blonde characters don't come back for 6 I'll like him more....

OP
OP
Neoxon

Neoxon

Oct 25, 2017
Houston, TX
has capcom ever had a big TGA announcement?

thats more a Netherrealm move
Not big per-say, but they did reveal GnG Resurrection at The Game Awards (which may have had Nintendo involvement according to the Capcom leaks). But given what was said today, TGA 2021 is likely off the table for SFVI.

As for NRS, I feel like we'll see MK12 at the event.

JusDoIt

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
South Central Los Angeles
has capcom ever had a big TGA announcement?

thats more a Netherrealm move

SFV was (officially) announced at PSX. Before Capcom Cup. Gameplay was revealed at Cap Cup.

Those two events took place at the same convention center and were the same weekend, but Capcom has never revealed a brand new title at Capcom Cup.

Not that we have much data to work with either way.

But given what was said today, TGA 2021 is likely off the table for SFVI.

What was said was a dev update (a digital showcase) won't happen this year. Not that there won't be any news at all.

secretanchitman

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Chicago, IL
100%. I want these throughout SF6's life, they're amazing. Them basically doing a victory lap at the end there gives me hope that they know how well they're received.

Same here. These videos are fucking great - straight to the point, sprinkled with extra content and saving a bonus/tease at the end!

They actively talked about the next "Street Fighter Project" which means SFVI is guaranteed to be revealed next year, my guess at the Capcom Cup in February 2022. Would be a nice surprise at the TGA's next month but that might be for MK12/IJ3.

Nephtes

Oct 27, 2017
Can't wait for the announcement … hopefully sooner than later.

Series X/PS5 cross play 🤞🤞

JusDoIt

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
South Central Los Angeles
I still think Cap Cup is too small time to reveal the game, but now we know FOR SURE we're getting next game info at Capcom Cup VIII.

So they gotta announce it before CC VIII.

TGA title reveal is a lock yo.

GTOAkira

Sep 1, 2018
Something like a cinematic trailer at TGA and gameplay at capcom cup could work. They did say they had exibition plan so maybe a SF6 exibition at CC. This would be similar to how SFV was first showed with a trailer at PSX and first gameplay at CC.

emperor bohe

Oct 27, 2017
I also got the vibe that Rashid was the protagonist of the story, plus the SF5 director straight up said he was designed to be the new main character

latest

Deleted member 1102

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Ehhhhh I dunno bout that. It ends with Ryu saving the day as the hero, the epilogue is literally all about Ryu.

That's just always going to be the case, Rashid was still the most important and relevant character in A Shadow Falls until the last five minutes when Ryu hadokened Bison and walked away.

Street Fighter now is basically going to have both a main character and a protagonist with Ryu being one and a new character being the other. It's been like it since 4 with Abel. You're not getting someone completely brand new as the sole protagonist ever again after Alex.

OP
OP
Neoxon

Neoxon

Oct 25, 2017
Houston, TX
I still think Cap Cup is too small time to reveal the game, but now we know FOR SURE we're getting next game info at Capcom Cup VIII.

So they gotta announce it before CC VIII.

TGA title reveal is a lock yo.
I'm not so sure about that, especially given the wording.