• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

bonch00ski

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
You should be required to put a price that you are looking for, and if you are willing to negotiate then just make a note stating that.

EarthBound64

User was permanently banned at own request
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Connecticut
Would it be possible to require prices? I have a couple things that might need a price on my listing, but I think it would be an improvement

You should be required to put a price that you are looking for, and if you are willing to negotiate then just make a note stating that.

I know we discussed that at "the old place," and people indicated they weren't in favor.

If there are restrictions on offers - "let's not do these disingenuous offers in the future" - I do feel like it should be required for a seller to specify what they view as disingenuous/genuine, though.

Nov 9, 2017
WTS

Pokémon Ultra Sun & Ultra Moon Veteran Trainer's Dual Pack 3DS - $60 shipped
includes
16 art cards
Digital download card for 100 Poke Balls for each game

Skn2h1Hm.jpg

F34R

Oct 27, 2017
WTB

Sony PVM/BVM (20-24")
Ultrak security monitor (KM1900CM)

Looking from North Carolina to Florida. If you're close to these areas, send me a PM on what you have, condition, price, etc.

dom

▲ Legend ▲
Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
WTS
Life is Strange: Before the Storm Deluxe Edition - PS4 [Digital Code]
$12 paypal F&F or Amazon GC
I got 4 codes.

Deleted member 42

user requested account closure
Banned
Oct 24, 2017
$2 shipped it is, then.

Seriously though, requiring "genuine offers" while not requiring the seller to list what a "genuine offer" is seems like a bad recipe.

I haven't seen it be an issue on any BST threads or forums in a long time. This isn't Craigslist, people tend to have more common sense. It's not an excuse for someone to do it every single time someone lists something without a price, that's a good way to drop people from wanting to go into the thread again. Do better.

OP
OP
Cloggerdude

Cloggerdude

Just tell me what you need.
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
$2 shipped it is, then.

Seriously though, requiring "genuine offers" while not requiring the seller to list what a "genuine offer" is seems like a bad recipe.

I've always been neutral on the whole $1 shipped thing. I don't really mind it, but it does get a little annoying when people use it too much. Me putting it in the title probably didn't help much, but that was just sort of an inside joke from our Discord during the transition.

That being said, are we really pretending that we don't know what a genuine offer is? If someone posts an Xbox and you say $1/$2/$3 shipped, then that's obviously not genuine. If someone posts a steam code that normally goes for $4 and you say it, then that's probably genuine. I completely understand your point, but at some point you're just throwing out common sense.

EarthBound64

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Connecticut
If someone posts a steam code that normally goes for $4 and you say it, then that's probably genuine.

See, I haven't a clue in the world about Steam prices, since I don't use Steam. I tried listing Steam codes before, the person would ask me how much I wanted for it, I would say I don't know and make me an offer, they would want me to price it, and so I would base the price off of the price the game was listed for sale, and it would get mocked as being completely unreasonable, since apparently the prices Steam lists games for are practically meaningless, I don't know.

The point is, my view is that if someone has a price in mind, they should say that, as opposed to making the other person guess. But that's me.

P.S. Corollary: Yes, I think Steam is garbage. But that's a separate issue.

OP
OP
Cloggerdude

Cloggerdude

Just tell me what you need.
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
The point is, my view is that if someone has a price in mind, they should say that, as opposed to making the other person guess. But that's me.

And that's fine to think that, but we currently have no rule that requires pricing. And, as I know you know, we have talked about it before on the old forum. I know of at least two times that I put it forward as a potential new rule, and both times only a small minority was for it.

Until it actually becomes a rule, it just seems kind of weird to be essentially policing posts that don't include prices. But hey, new place, so I'm totally up for discussing making it a rule again.

dylie

Oct 25, 2017
I really think we should consider discussing some new rules to be placed in. I personally feel like the same couple of users are continuing to be vocal about their opposition towards specific postings (required pricing, digital scalpers, etc.), and it is really clogging up this thread. I understand their opposition towards these things at times but continually complaining about the same occurrence every 50 or so posts is ridiculous. It's important to have a community that encourages discussion but when the discussions are just repeated one-liners from the same people, it really begins to become obnoxious in my opinion.

Foltzie

One Winged Slayer
The Fallen
Oct 26, 2017
And that's fine to think that, but we currently have no rule that requires pricing. And, as I know you know, we have talked about it before on the old forum. I know of at least two times that I put it forward as a potential new rule, and both times only a small minority was for it.

Until it actually becomes a rule, it just seems kind of weird to be essentially policing posts that don't include prices. But hey, new place, so I'm totally up for discussing making it a rule again.

It certainly would be weird/hard to police (whats a genuine price or offer?) and it would probably be more annoying than handful of $1 shipped posts.

This is the sort of thing that settles itself fairly quickly, even in this instance that occurred, there was one single $1 shipped joke post.

EarthBound64

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Connecticut

Right.
Hence why I said:

I know we discussed that at "the old place," and people indicated they weren't in favor.

I just don't really agree with the "no disingenuous offers" thing if people aren't similarly required to list what they consider genuine.
But, again, that's just me.

To be clear, I'm not arguing or anything.
Just offering my thoughts.

Last edited:

GeoMack

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
The $1 shipped thing is annoying spam.

As for the make me an offer thing, if you don't like it then simply don't make an offer or work it out in pms with the seller if you are genuinely interested in the product. I've found that most people will haggle to a fair and reasonable price on here.

Oct 26, 2017
Just to throw in my two cents---I hate when people don't post prices, and I immediately skip anything they are listing. However, I also don't like requiring people to post prices.

Babyshaq90

Oct 28, 2017
Bravely Default and Bravely Second both used but complete- $45 Shipped USPS First Class
New Nintendo 3DS from last years thanksgiving sale white in color brand new sealed - $130 Shipped USPS Priority

Menome

Oct 25, 2017
WTB:

Dark Souls: Prepare To Die Edition for Steam.

Current listed price is £19.99, so I'm looking for offers around £10-15 please.

zetsubou

Oct 25, 2017
United States
The main reason I didn't flat out list a price is because too many people jump on the dirty scalper bandwagon. For the most part, the items I was selling aren't being manufacturered anymore or are easily available. I didn't want to list a price and have a bunch of posts complaining calling me a scalper for posting a price they think is exorbant. I forgot AJ also does is $1 shipped crap. Honestly, I never actually read the entire thread title.

Smidget

Oct 27, 2017
WTS as a Gold Seller!

Middle of Earth - Shadow of War Gold Edition XBO/Win 10 Code - Looking for $40 Paypal F&F

Bose QuietComfort 25 Android Edition Headphones (https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00VW7U8X4/?tag=era0f0-20) - This is brand new/sealed - Looking for $150 shipped Paypal F&F

B&O H8 in Gray Hazel (https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00R45Z2WU/?tag=era0f0-20) + a carrying case in Black/Orange (https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B01EHC1WDK/?tag=era0f0-20) - Looking for $275 - This is used and I can provide close up shots of the item if you are interested.

Thanks!

Deleted member 925

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I don't particularly care if someone posts a price or not for an item, if I'm interested, I'll PM them and continue discussion further. I do agree tho that the $1 shipped spam thing isn't cute, and it comes off very snarky from the same people. I thought maybe we would have left that behind on the old board, but I guess not.

Deleted member 22585

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
EU
Got some thangs to sell, Based West Coast, US. Feel free to make offers.
plussello6jrg.png

Essentially just selling gift cards at/near 15% off.

Some Computer Parts

New
Unopened Thermaltake Toughpower TPD-0750M - SLI / CrossFire Ready 80 PLUS Gold fully modular PSU asking for $60.
Used

Black Widow Ultimate mechanical Keyboard(Effectively Identical), thoroughly cleaned/sanitized. I'm just not a fan of blue keys, replaced with a brown switch keyboard. It's the 2013 model so not RGB. Just Green. I think I stopped using it in 2015, I just completely forgot about it until recently. Asking $60.

ASRock H170A-X1 Motherboard (LGA 1151) Motherboard $60

WTS Oculus Rift Bundle, asking $400.

I got it from Amazon a few months ago. Quite a lot of stuff here (If you decide to buy and don't want parts of it, just let me know). It's been really lightly used, and treated with utmost care. I've personally just had issues with my giant freaking glasses fitting properly, so I used a lens adapter, which I will include. But the main reason I moved to Vive is because of the upcoming release of the Pimax, and the need for the Lighthouse system.

High resolution photos can be found here, I took close up shots of the headset so you can examine the HMD yourself.

The bundle I'm selling includes
  • 1 x Oculus Rift Headset, box contents are as follow, and almost all of it is untouched. (Headset was never used without a VR cover of some kind)
  • 1x VR Cover Long Interface for glasses and cover (Mine are still to large, Ray Bans XD)
  • 1x Widmo VR cover for the standard interface (Great, closes the gap in the nose, but remains very breathable/comfortable)
  • 3 x Camera Sensor with Built-in Stand
  • 1 x Small Plastic Tool for Integrated Headphone Removal (Never Used)
  • 1 x Oculus Remote with Integrated Battery (Lightly Used)
  • 1 x Xbox One Wireless Gamepad(Never used)
  • 1 x Xbox One USB Wireless Receiver for Gamepad and Instructions(Never used)
  • 2 x AA Batteries for Gamepad(Never Used)
  • 2 x Oculus Logo Stickers(Still there)
  • Orange Puffball not included
yje05GFl.jpg

126W9mYl.jpg

Additionally I'm also including extension cables, and extra's I've 3D printed for the device!
  • 2 x 3 meter/~10 feet AmazonBasics USB 3.0 Extension cables
  • 1 x ~5 meter/~16 feet Monoprice USB 2.0 extension cable (Came with the third camera I purchased, only requires a 2.0 for third camera)
  • 2 x Oculus Rift Perscription lens adapters, one in black, one in white. White probably needs a little more sanding on the under side for the bridge if used (I never used it, just used white to dial in the print).
  • 3 x Oculus Rift Camera Mount for wall mounting with Command strips so you don't damage your walls (See below)
  • 1 x Oculus Rift HMD Wall mount
  • Rail system, butt-stock, grips for using the Oculus in shooter games if you want to. Never fully finished piecing it together, and the print isn't perfect, but it'll be fully functional if you want it.

8xVp7nVl.jpg

Cool cat :)

Deleted member 134

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
The main reason I didn't flat out list a price is because too many people jump on the dirty scalper bandwagon. For the most part, the items I was selling aren't being manufacturered anymore or are easily available. I didn't want to list a price and have a bunch of posts complaining calling me a scalper for posting a price they think is exorbant. I forgot AJ also does is $1 shipped crap. Honestly, I never actually read the entire thread title.
To be fair, I hope in hindsight you knew I was doing my schtick and not trying to purposefully upset you.

$1 shipped should live on and I should continue to be free to use it. You can ban others for using it, though. I invented it and it got stolen from me. People can think it's annoying, that's fine, but I'm more annoyed by them complaining and by no price listings. Can we use the poll function to vote on price requirements? Or at least a range? zetsubou normally posts prices and even states he's open to negotiation, but he didn't with the Amiibos. He had his reason to not post a price this time as surely he had an idea of what he wanted. Again, I think zetsubou is an awesome member of this community and I have no problem with him, unlike ThreeTri. I'm just saying.

MrH

Banned
Nov 3, 2017
It's always been a stupid phrase for goobers to use when they're bored and wanna annoy people

Exactly how I feel, he knew what he was doing and it worked as the other guy lost his temper and got warned for it. Personally I find troll offers more offensive and disruptive, as evidenced by the last page not being about buying and selling.

Deleted member 42

user requested account closure
Banned
Oct 24, 2017
$1 shipped should live on and I should continue to be free to use it. You can ban others for using it, though. I invented it and it got stolen from me.

This doesn't make sense.

Feel free to decide as a community and we'll enforce accordingly, but whatever you decide, nobody should get special treatment on something. Kinda defeats the point of making a rule.

MrH

Banned
Nov 3, 2017
WTS: $1 each or any 2 for $1.50 via Paypal F&F

Bone - Episode 1 & Episode 2
Poker Night at the Inventory
Puzzle Agent
Telltale Texas Hold'em
The Walking Dead: Season 1
STRIDER™
Umbrella Corps™
Talisman: The Horus Heresy Prospero Expansion
The Interactive Adventures of Dog Mendonça and Pizza Boy -SOLD-
The Journey Down 1 + 2 Bundle -SOLD-
Legends of Eisenwald
Legends of Eisenwald
Valhalla Hills
Void Destroyer
Assassin's Creed® Chronicles China (uPlay)
Assassin's Creed® Chronicles India (uPlay)
Assassin's Creed® Chronicles Russia (uPlay)
Out of the Park Baseball 17
Train Simulator 2016
Shadow Complex Remastered (Epic Launcher)
WARMACHINE Tactics + WARMACHINE Tactics - Mercenaries Faction Bundle

Last edited:

tommy7154

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
^ AJx is joking.

As a seller I may not want to post a price only to learn I could have gotten more for something. I don't think there's anything wrong with that either. Or what if they'd rather trade?
As a buyer I may well just skip over your post if there's no price. Again there's nothing wrong there.
I do not agree with a rule stating that pricing is mandatory.

Also, as slow as the thread is, I am also not against people posting stupid shit....every once in awhile, as long as it's not excessive. It moves the thread along.

Also I think it should be about 125 posts between listings and maybe even 100 (though I'd drop to 125 first to try it out).

Last edited:

52club

Oct 27, 2017
You remind me of someone I see in the news often, at least if you are being serious about coming up with the $1 shipped. Less rules the better in my opinion, to me the pic size one is crazy, but I'm in the minority on that (I think). To me the main thing is the actual transaction between buyers and sellers. The rest people can ignore.

knee

Oct 28, 2017
^ AJx is joking.

As a seller I may not want to post a price only to learn I could have gotten more for something.

You should research before posting something for sale. People should be okay with the amount of money for anything they sell. This number can shift pre- and post- research. Know what you're selling!

Can we use the poll function to vote on price requirements?

I second this.

Edit: Jumbled words.

Last edited:

tommy7154

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
You should research before posting something for sale. People should the amount of money they'd be 'okay' with for anything they sell. This number can shift pre- and post- research. Know what you're selling!
That's true as well. I really dont care either way I think I've always posted prices. Certainly nothing wrong with trying it out and seeing what issues may arise, if any.

Oct 25, 2017
Somewhere in Zanarkand
For what it's worth, mandating prices be listed goes against the "trade" part of this thread.

Yes, it's good practice and often leads to faster transactions. But there a number of users who trade their items as well here, and having prices be required eliminates the point of their posts.

It's a tough call, but it's often easier to just let prices be optional than to require people to have them (and I often forget prices too just because I prefer to trade). Nothing's stopping us from just ignoring those posts.

SmokeMaxX

Oct 25, 2017
I'm down to vote, but I personally think we should just let people price however they want and let the market decide. I kinda figured that was the common sense implication of the OP. It seems like a majority of people (including me) don't even consider making offers for items without a price so it seems a bit redundant to punish those sellers even further. If people want to try to sell without a price or for higher than market value, then they should be able to IMO. They probably won't get any sales, but that's just part of the learning process. I agree that we should work to foster a good community here, but to me that primarily means facilitating worry-free transactions. I care far more if someone is a scammer than I do if they don't want to put a price on their listing because they think it will make them more money. Just my opinion.

RecRoulette

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
I personally ignore most listings that don't have a price on them, but I don't think folks should have to put prices on their listings.

I think $1 shipped is something that was funny a couple of times and then got run into the ground. (Just PM it to them if you really feel like you need to get that in I guess)

EarthBound64

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Connecticut
I don't think requiring a price to be listed would help much - and in the past people have indicated they don't want it to be a requirement.
Just, if there's no requirements on a price being listed, I don't think there should be any requirements on offers being at a certain level. If you just say "Offers accepted," then be prepared for "Offers."