Yuli Ban

Feb 1, 2021
I wonder how long it'll be before he becomes my new Ken Penders in terms of "children's media creator creates drama."

Last edited:

Shedinja

Nov 30, 2017
Every time I see a post of his, it seems his art has somehow gotten even worse. Look at those eyes.

Tokyo_Funk

Banned
Dec 10, 2018
Imagine having an ego so big that you think a turd on canvas is worth $200.

He's even a shit tracer.

Deleted member 16657

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Is it just me, or is Butch's version a bit shit?
Not just you, I instantly thought of this.
2-photos13.jpg

John Rabbit

Oct 25, 2017
Having looked at the drawing I legitimately thought I was going to discover Butch Hartman was some D-tier fan artist.

I did not in a million years think I'd learn Butch Hartman had not one, but two successful television shows.

texhnolyze

Shinra Employee
Oct 25, 2017
Indonesia
I just don't get it.

Why copy from others' work if he can just copy from the original? There must be lots of poses from the anime/manga that he can use as a reference.

Caddywompus

Mar 10, 2018
Is the original artist the creator of Mikasa? If not they're no better. Butch clearly referenced that photo but just made a shitty version of a licensed character not owned by either of them

EDIT: No better is a bit harsh but it's funny this is considered tracing by so many

Last edited:

Just Great

Oct 25, 2017
The artist he plagiarized doesn't sell their piece per the tweet above.

Not saying you're implying this, but even if the original artist did sell their piece, artists selling commissioned fan art for characters they don't own is SUPER common and not frowned upon. When you step into any comic convention there will be a long ass line of booths where well known comic artists offer quick commissioned sketches for characters they all don't own or didn't create.

Again, not saying you're implying this but it needs to be reiterated: The tracing is the problem, not taking a commission.

Oct 27, 2017
Doesn't look to me to be traced but it definitely looks copied. Proportionally it's different. Although maybe he's just shit at tracing.

JigglesBunny

Prophet of Truth
Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Chicago
So the answer is no, it's just fanart. The are making money off of a property that they didn't create
Person A made fan art. Butch stole Person A's fan art by copying it, then selling it. Person A is innocent. Butch is a prick.

Fucking devil always has an advocate. Era really doesn't need a defense force for everything.