Deleted member 25606

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 29, 2017
I am really, really getting sick of cis era members telling the rather large portion of trans era members that have an issue with Natalie (which isn't just about one thing by the way, I love how my inability to transition makes me fake or not valid, really helps my mental health that I am getting treated for at my doctors orders so I don't get committed because it's at the point of making me a danger to myself) how wrong we are, and we have a problem. At the same time there are TWO threads on this subject where more than one user have stated that the fact the most transphobic users get banned as proof that the mods are doing a perfect job and eliminating the issue at the root cause (ha) even though at least one admin agrees with the fact their are major issues. Once again era showing at the end of the day that transphobia runs deep and cis users thinking they know better than trans people on trans issues.

And for the love of god stop elevating Contrapoints since "she's the only trans voice lots of cis people Hear" which could be solved by you know listening to the trans people you constantly talk over using her as a bludgeon. She's the only trans person you want to listen too and that's why, she lets you feel good about telling trans people their business and that shit seriously needs to fucking stop.

And especially stop with her being the voice and it's a net positive. There is enough of a trail now for me to say her influence is a net negative, and harmful to trans people. She bullies other trans people, supports/platforms trans people that bully other trans people, and makes cis people confident in bullying trans people.

Because using her as a means to constantly turn threads like this into a platform to tell a sizable group of eras trans population they are wrong, saying we are misogynist for this (?), telling us we don't get or are wrong about trans issues constantly and as a group, that's fucking bullying.

And always making the argument we're missing context and nuance in Natalies anti-trans tendencies and we are wrong even though the majority of people with an issue are trans and have a much better idea about this, however purposefully throwing all context and nuance out to defend Natalie and how dare we link her to this when the link is plain as fucking day.

Era has a serious fucking transphobic, cisplaiNing problem, saying my black friend would get you banned but it's okay to drag out Natalie to argue against trans people.

I would say if it doesn't stop the forum is eventually going to lose It's entire trans community, but ai have a feeling that at the end of the day quite a few posters here, including those who call themselves allies would be perfectly fine with that, some of them even secretly happy.

I've said recently and I am going to say it again, face facts most here are not allies so they should stop calling themselves that. I would actually rather They stay out of threads related to trans issues completely and stop pretending instead of calling themselves allies when it's feel good but then rushing into any negative thread to chastise the majority of Era's trans community.

Im sick of having a knife in my back everytime the subject comes up, and it's actually easier to post here at least for me knowing I have no friends than with posters that call themselves friends then act like my enemy.

Madison

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Lima, Peru
I like how the thread is ostensibly about Buck Angel and Blaire White being dipshits but you've somehow made it about a completely unrelated person who is apparently accountable for their actions.
So she defended him and doubled down but shes completely unrelated? If you relentlessly defend a white supremacist and then they said racist things then yes, you would deserve to be called out. This aint "lib culture", this is standing with bigots.

Deleted member 64002

Banned
Feb 19, 2020
I am really, really getting sick of cis era members telling the rather large portion of trans era members that have an issue with Natalie (which isn't just about one thing by the way, I love how my inability to transition makes me fake or not valid, really helps my mental health that I am getting treated for at my doctors orders so I don't get committed because it's at the point of making me a danger to myself) how wrong we are, and we have a problem. At the same time there are TWO threads on this subject where more than one user have stated that the fact the most transphobic users get banned as proof that the mods are doing a perfect job and eliminating the issue at the root cause (ha) even though at least one admin agrees with the fact their are major issues. Once again era showing at the end of the day that transphobia runs deep and cis users thinking they know better than trans people on trans issues.

And for the love of god stop elevating Contrapoints since "she's the only trans voice lots of cis people Hear" which could be solved by you know listening to the trans people you constantly talk over using her as a bludgeon. She's the only trans person you want to listen too and that's why, she lets you feel good about telling trans people their business and that shit seriously needs to fucking stop.

And especially stop with her being the voice and it's a net positive. There is enough of a trail now for me to say her influence is a net negative, and harmful to trans people. She bullies other trans people, supports/platforms trans people that bully other trans people, and makes cis people confident in bullying trans people.

Because using her as a means to constantly turn threads like this into a platform to tell a sizable group of eras trans population they are wrong, saying we are misogynist for this (?), telling us we don't get or are wrong about trans issues constantly and as a group, that's fucking bullying.

And always making the argument we're missing context and nuance in Natalies anti-trans tendencies and we are wrong even though the majority of people with an issue are trans and have a much better idea about this, however purposefully throwing all context and nuance out to defend Natalie and how dare we link her to this when the link is plain as fucking day.

Era has a serious fucking transphobic, cisplaiNing problem, saying my black friend would get you banned but it's okay to drag out Natalie to argue against trans people.

I would say if it doesn't stop the forum is eventually going to lose It's entire trans community, but ai have a feeling that at the end of the day quite a few posters here, including those who call themselves allies would be perfectly fine with that, some of them even secretly happy.

I've said recently and I am going to say it again, face facts most here are not allies so they should stop calling themselves that. I would actually rather They stay out of threads related to trans issues completely and stop pretending instead of calling themselves allies when it's feel good but then rushing into any negative thread to chastise the majority of Era's trans community.

Im sick of having a knife in my back everytime the subject comes up, and it's actually easier to post here at least for me knowing I have no friends than with posters that call themselves friends then act like my enemy.
I feel beat down by all the shit that happens on here and yet even when we call shit out nothing happens. Like there are so many posts here decrying trans era members and the fact that trans era members can't have a say in shit is obscene. Have some priority's era please.

Inugami

Oct 25, 2017
Another trans thread where it's on the onus of trans people to have to defend and educate people instead of others doing any research or showing any empathy...

I don't have the time or energy or will today... Trans women are women. Trans men are men. Non-binary people are valid. Gender fluid people are valid. Why is it so hard to let people just be who they are?

KujoJosuke

Oct 25, 2017
I feel beat down by all the shit that happens on here and yet even when we call shit out nothing happens. Like there are so many posts here decrying trans era members and the fact that trans era members can't have a say in shit is obscene. Have some priority's era please.

That's why I tend to stay out of these threads outside of just reading them. As a cis man it's not my place.

Trans members of Era should be able to air their grievances on any issue without cis members talking down at them.

You have my support.

Midramble

Force of Habit
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
San Francisco
Again, to clarify, I don't think anyone in this thread is defending Buck or JK and it certainly doesn't seem like anyone in this thread agrees with them. That should be pretty clear.

Psychonaut

Jan 11, 2018
Jesus Christ. I stopped keeping up with Contrapoints once this whole Buck Angel business got big enough to pop into my radar, but I didn't dig too deeply for myself and just trusted the trans people I've seen discuss it. Seeing it now is gross, though. I'm expecting I'll be closing the book on Natalie for good if she doesn't come out with a meaningful statement on this (she won't, she's in too deep to start digging up now).

Deleted member 11413

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I mean isn't the core issue here in regards to Contrapoints/Buck Angel that she used her platform to boost him, was called out on it, and then doubled down on defending him at the expense of trans people who disagreed with her? Like I can understand at some level, when she was younger, that Buck Angel, being one of the few visible trans people, might become aspirational/a hero to her. Grappling with the fact that his failure to listen to others and have this extremely narrow view of trans identity ends up harming other trans folks would be difficult for someone who saw him as a role model.

However, that doesn't justify continuously defending a person who has made their bigotry clear. It's no different than if you were to try and defend JK Rowling's comments or defend Kanye West's "slavery was a choice" bullshit. If someone you looked up to starts espousing problematic views you don't just...defend those views because you once looked up to them. Hell, you can probably still acknowledge the positive role they played in your life while subsequently condemning their current stance.

I think if she had listened to the initial criticism, internalized that, apologized and distanced herself from Buck Angel's views while acknowledging the role his visibility played in her life, then the response would've been very different. She's hardly the only person to have ever liked someone who was problematic, everyone has at some point. But they refusal to acknowledge the issues in his rhetoric and the continued defense of the man and his rhetoric gives the impression of agreement with said rhetoric.

beelulzebub

Oct 25, 2017
That's why I tend to stay out of these threads outside of just reading them. As a cis man it's not my place.

Trans members of Era should be able to air their grievances on any issue without cis members talking down at them.

You have my support.
Also a cis man, but I don't think it's an issue to weigh in and try to talk to people cisplaining to take some burden off our trans members' shoulders.

OP
OP
excelsiorlef

excelsiorlef

Bad Praxis
Oct 25, 2017
Eb_J_vZXYAAmUXb

Let's really throw fuel on the fire... this dumbass is retweeting alt right propaganda

GuessMyUserName

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Toronto

Thank you so very much for this, the way the thread's played out has been infuriating to watch. Even with the recent threads bringing attention to Era's problem with addressing transphobia it still hasn't slowed down a tick. It's so tiring, I needed this.

Starshine

Oct 25, 2017
Sure would be great if we could get past this obnoxious strawman.

"We cannot deny biological differences! It must be part of the discussion!"

"ok, nobody is...so what would you like to discuss?"

"taking away your rights and forcing you into dangerous spaces...."

like how telling is it they won't get to the fucking point and instead claim they just want "discussions" or to not "deny science".

Yeah, it's a not only a Strawman, but a GPSM:

Goal Post Straw-man.

Basically it's a Troll Distortion tactic.

OP
OP
excelsiorlef

excelsiorlef

Bad Praxis
Oct 25, 2017

Here's more... look how amazing he's become since Contra clearly talked to him and helped him change.

"transphobe is hate speech"

Quick Nat make another video about how canceling is real and bad and Buck Angel just has some bad opinions but is a hero

Osu 16 Bit

QA Lead at NetherRealm Studios
Verified
Oct 27, 2017
Chicago, IL
The ContraPoints heel turn is such a crushing disappointment. I wanted to give her a pass because of how much she meant to me. All she had to do was admit she fucked up. I probably would still forgive and move on if she said the right things and seemed genuine. It just sucks.

Last edited:

Zellia

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
UK
Buck is trash. Now might be a good time for Natalie to disavow him.

Thank you for this post, it encapsulates what I feel perfectly but I'm just so tired and angry at this point I couldn't hope to word it so eloquently.

oreomunsta

One Winged Slayer
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
The problem in the first place is this kind of stuff coming from him was old news, it's not a surprise to anyone he's saying this.

That's true that he's spewed a lot of shit for some time.

I hope these recent remarks are enough to convince Natalie that she needs to lower the flag she has raised for Buck. If they aren't, jesus christ I wonder what would be enough

lowmelody

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
its amazing how someone like Natalie has the platform and money to boost and promote all kinds of trans creators and she used it to promote a transphobe

almost like her priorities are fucked up

Out of the many red flags that have accumulated over the years, one of the more telling ones was when she couched her arbitrary and hurtful passability requirements off as being an "old school transsexual that doesn't stand with the vanguard zoomer tran" (I can't recall the exact phrasing)

Like so many, she was 'progressive' only in specific ways through the lens of a specific time. She is making a conscious effort to stop trying to understand what new science and her younger peers are saying. Rather than seeing her accomplishments as something others can to build upon, she sets the boundaries at her own limitations and experiences and stands guard to defend anyone breaking them.

It hurts when people break boundaries and knock down doors only to close new ones rather than keep it moving forward for others.

Midramble

Force of Habit
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
San Francisco
Well considering Buck has now gone all in on the JK lovefest, you would hope Natalie would say something but knowing these youtubers she won't because she has already dug in too deep (or secretly agrees with him).

I've been holding out and hoping she does take a stand. I believe she at least partially struggles with the idea as the chracters in her transtrenders video seem to be pretty apparent avatars (especially after her recent coming out). She's not a transmedicalist and she seems to lean toward gender performance theory; however, I do think she struggles with some of its repercussions. Her defensiveness on those fear is what has her spiraling out of favor with the trans community. Especially when some of her defenses make hyperbolic attacks on some of the community. I may be holding my breath in vain though.

AlexFlame116

Prophet of Truth - One Winged Slayer
Nov 17, 2017
Utah
I'm not trans so I'm sorry if I'm misinformed, but I'm baffled by the people defending Contrapoints here when Contra has not only been standing up for Buck, but has also helped enable him. Contra hasn't even cut ties with Buck at all over this ot denounced him.

If nothing is said then that means that she either agrees with him or doesn't care enough to comment. And both are very bad.

Jombie

Oct 27, 2017

Here's more... look how amazing he's become since Contra clearly talked to him and helped him change.

"transphobe is hate speech"

Quick Nat make another video about how canceling is real and bad and Buck Angel just has some bad opinions but is a hero

She'll stay comfortably quiet, maybe make a snarky remark in passing in a video and get her views.

oreomunsta

One Winged Slayer
Banned
Oct 25, 2017

This is a great and eye opening post, thank you!

I'm a cis guy, so I've used CP's videos to try and learn about trans issues. But reading your thoughts on how she's not the type of voice that should be listened to makes sense and is making me reconsider how I approach her videos

Deleted member 25606

Banned
Oct 29, 2017
This is a great and eye opening post, thank you!

I'm a cis guy, so I've used CP's videos to try and learn about trans issues. But reading your thoughts on how she's not the type of voice that should be listened to makes sense and is making me reconsider how I approach her videos
Thank you. And the important thing is a. Understanding how and why the trans community feels. B. Not using her opinion as some indicator of trans identifying people being a monolith.

Reminds me how right now I am seeing white people on Facebook pull out reference to the one NA person who doesn't have an issue with the NFL's team in Washington D.C.'S name as if he is an entire people, a demographic mind you where those offended outnumber people like that.

I am not saying to not watch it, but do so with a critical eye and realize Trans voices carry a little more weight than those of cis people.

So again thank you.

Viriditas

Oct 25, 2017
United States
Hey, non-trans people telling trans people what we should be talking about regarding trans issues?

SHUT THE FUCK UP

THAT IS LITERALLY AGAINST ERA TERMS OF SERVICE

giphy.gif

C'mon people. How hard it is it to center the actual trans voices in our community when they make threads about trans topics?

My fellow cisfolk, y'alls ally skills looking real weak here. This just shouldn't be that confusing or difficult. It's shitty that we keep putting our trans members through this same ignorant treatment and asking them to do the same soul-crushing work.

It's not their responsibility to learn how to do better in these dialogues, it's ours. Check your privilege before you post. Attempt to educate yourself before you come swinging into the thread with "I DON'T GET IT THO" and expect personalized attention from already-overburdened marginalized individuals. Learn how to recognize when a conversation ISN'T ABOUT OR FOR YOU.

excelsiorlef doing the work of the Gods, as usual. Thank you.

Viriditas

Oct 25, 2017
United States

giphy.gif

Vibed

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
I just wanna post here to voice I don't usually post but I read through these Trans Era topics and appreciate the insight as a cis guy, it's still dissappointing Contra hasn't reneged her support of Buck.

Nappuccino

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017

Fabulously said. I wish Era was the inclusive space so many deserve.

25th Baam

Jan 9, 2018
We literally met with the admins about this last year. Change sure as fuck didn't last.
Baby steps I would hope...
In my view as a cis gay guy, all this trouble shows how damaging Natalie's dealing of the situation was.
She choose the transphobes side and attacked the ones she should be a ally of. To me saying she is transphobic by association is completely justified, and she has done nothing to prove otherwise.

hachikoma

Banned
Oct 29, 2017
Baby steps I would hope...
In my view as a cis gay guy, all this trouble shows how damaging Natalie's dealing of the situation was.
She choose the transphobes side and attacked the ones she should be a ally of. To me saying she is transphobic by association is completely justified, and she has done nothing to prove otherwise.
if cis people would quit barging into these threads they would be at least slightly more useful. like your opinion on this could not matter less, but the fact that you jump at the opportunity for an era-sanctioned way to dump on a trans woman is gross af and i see it. what do these dumbass comments add? literally nothing other than allowing cis people to push her over a cliff they have no right to even be on.

and if other folks could stop tagging natalie in threads that have literally nothing to do with her that could help too, but whatever!

Kyuuji

The Favonius Fox
Nov 8, 2017
Gonna say I'm drained because of all the transphobic garbage the past couple of weeks before this and I appreciate those still typing out paragraphs to push back against the bullshit.

I also think cis people don't really stop to think about how this (the broad this) affects us. Like offline I'm dealing with a lot of personal trans stuff and then come on here and am either expected to put up with reading reams of bullshit and 'a thousand ways to excuse transphobia', or spend a lot of time (on top of a lot already spent) educating, making the same posts, the same arguments and giving patience to the same exact bullshit a year+ later.

Last edited:

subpar spatula

Refuses to Wash his Ass
Oct 26, 2017
I do like how some folks came in and dropped, "why bring in Contrapoints" and bailed as soon as they got any kind of quote notification. It's like they know what they're doing.

Maximo

Oct 25, 2017
I do like how some folks came in and dropped, "why bring in Contrapoints" and bailed as soon as they got any kind of quote notification. It's like they know what they're doing.

Gotta defend *yass queen* and than bail the fuck out, transgender and non binary are sadly still a shitty topic to discuss amongst most of Era.

beelulzebub

Oct 25, 2017
Or they don't know what they're doing and are too cowardly to engage when called out. Just enough self-awareness to know they'll get banned if they keep barking up that tree but not enough self-awareness to actually know why.

subpar spatula

Refuses to Wash his Ass
Oct 26, 2017
Or they don't know what they're doing and are too cowardly to engage when called out. Like the type that knows they'll get banned but are too dense or uncaring to change course from the road they're headed.
I kind of feel as if they do know. That's why they don't engage. Makes you question how the mods even understood those summits.

25th Baam

Jan 9, 2018
if cis people would quit barging into these threads they would be at least slightly more useful. like your opinion on this could not matter less, but the fact that you jump at the opportunity for an era-sanctioned way to dump on a trans woman is gross af and i see it. what do these dumbass comments add? literally nothing other than allowing cis people to push her over a cliff they have no right to even be on.

and if other folks could stop tagging natalie in threads that have literally nothing to do with her that could help too, but whatever!
Hey, just for your knowledge this is not my first thread on this issue ok? I'm not "dumping" on Natalie.
Plus what the fuck is a era sanctioned way ? And if you bother to read the thread, this has everything to do with her. This is basically the point of the thread lol

beelulzebub

Oct 25, 2017
I kind of feel as if they do know. That's why they don't engage. Makes you question how the mods even understood those summits.
I agree that's most folks with shitty takes in trans threads. But I also know there are a lot of fools on Era that gotta contribute to every damn thread and have no filter and no capacity to just sit down and listen.

Weltall Zero

Game Developer
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Madrid
Sure would be great if we could get past this obnoxious strawman.

"We cannot deny biological differences! It must be part of the discussion!"

"ok, nobody is...so what would you like to discuss?"

"taking away your rights and forcing you into dangerous spaces...."

like how telling is it they won't get to the fucking point and instead claim they just want "discussions" or to not "deny science".

tenor.gif

There is a world of difference between "biological sex doesn't exist" and "biological sex is not particularly relevant when talking about trans rights"; but, of course, the former is a far easier strawman to attack, and transphobes wouldn't be interested in any kind of honest, logical discussion considering their entire position is founded on nothing but irrational fear.

FeistyBoots

Oct 27, 2017
Southern California
Mods are still silent about the cis people talking over trans voices in this thread.

What a crock of horseshit their *everything* about respecting trans voices turned out to be.

Again.

Kayla

Oct 28, 2017
Question for OP. Did you want this thread to be about contrapoints more than buck angel? Seems likely since you posted her name first

OP
OP
excelsiorlef

excelsiorlef

Bad Praxis
Oct 25, 2017

Yeah the guy she crafted two entire videos around has nothing to do with her.... Wait no, she tied herself to him, this stuff has everything to do with her.

OP
OP
excelsiorlef

excelsiorlef

Bad Praxis
Oct 25, 2017
Question for OP. Did you want this thread to be about contrapoints more than buck angel? Seems likely since you posted her name first

Yes.... This is a dual purpose thread....

Primary is to expose well re-expose and reinforce how full of shit Nat is about him, and the second is to show the true depths this man is capable of going to.