• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Tethered Penguin

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
The passive aggressiveness in this thread is palpable.

I'm confused by 56 though, does any one mind explaining that rule?

Surfinn

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
USA
Uh... do what you want? Personally, I'm going to make plenty of assumptions about how high you are, but I don't actually care.
The reason why I asked is because the list in the OP says to never do it, and I was asking if people generally agree with that because I've never heard that before.

I'm reading more about it now and it sounds like there's somewhat of a debate about whether or not it should be acceptable under any circumstances, or if it's contextual.

Oct 25, 2017
46. Don't touch our fucking hair.

I don't understand why anyone thinks this is okay to do.

Also like 1/4 of the list could be summed up as "treat us as actual humans and not curiosities of some kind."

I went to watch Mad Max at the cinema with a friend when it came out and some old man came and touched my hair while he was asking if he could.
Didn't know how to react tbh, happened too fast. Just..why? Lol.

Ignatz Mouse

Oct 27, 2017
The passive aggressiveness in this thread is palpable.

I'm confused by 56 though, does any one mind explaining that rule?

Just means that you can be racist and that having a PoC partner is no shield from that. Considering that virtually every white person in America is at least a little racist, that's a call to examine it in oneself rather than absolving oneself because of a PoC partner.

Lost

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
That's not what segregation means. Fucking tired of this coming up on every page.

"I'm a white guy and who can just say and do whatever I want if you take issue with it, well fuck you I have free speech and everything is for me if I choose to take it because why can't I, my race? Well then you're actually the racist tell me I, a white, can't do something because of my skin color."

You fuck off. Condescending prick.

I think you to step away from this forum, and the internet completely to calm down.

You're actually offended because you think certain races or cultures "own" a meme, or anything at all for that fact.

And in this specific conversation, a MEME. People are complaining about a Kermit meme being "stolen".

This is this internet. This is the real world. Races & cultures don't own memes.
Lmao.

Edit: And I hope for your sake, you are Japanese and you're not stealing that Anime avatar!

Oct 25, 2017
I think you to step away from this forum, and the internet completely to calm down.

You're actually offended because you think certain races or cultures "own" a meme, or anything at all for that fact.

And in this specific conversation, a MEME. People are complaining about a Kermit meme being "stolen".

This is this internet. This is the real world. Races & cultures don't own memes.
Lmao.

Edit: And I hope for your sake, you are Japanese and you're not stealing that Anime avatar!
I'm fine. You should walk away.

Nothing like belittling someone's point by telling them they're offended. You guys do that a lot.

I already said my peace and you're only exemplifying it more.

Deleted member 4461

User Requested Account Deletion
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
The reason why I asked is because the list in the OP says to never do it, and I was asking if people generally agree with that because I've never heard that before.

I'm reading more about it now and it sounds like there's somewhat of a debate about whether or not it should be acceptable under any circumstances, or if it's contextual.

Every PoC has a different perspective, which is one of the biggest issues in making a list like this.

Deleted member 37687

User requested account closure
Banned
Jan 7, 2018
I dunno if it's just because I'm not white myself and have always lived in California and don't really hang out around white-bread type white folk (hippies and artsy types more like) but I'm completely baffled that some of the stuff mentioned here actually happens.

Fucking crazy.

I mean, I've heard people stay stupid ignorant shit, but some of the stuff listed is just shameless to the point of the people being completely fucking oblivious p-zombies rather than, y'know, thinking and feeling human beings. Fucking crazy.

I'm all for the simple and basic: treat people like they're fucking human beings. It's way less complicated than a list of goddamn rules that people will just nitpick endlessly. Then again, some white-bread not-very-self-aware privileged fuckwads might actually need a fucking list to get them practice what should be intuitively obvious good behavior.

To quote my uncle " Theres alot of fuckin stupid people out there!"

Deleted member 4461

User Requested Account Deletion
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Yeah, which is exactly why I asked (was looking for general perspectives on this subject). Thanks for sharing yours.

Most certainly, my man. Honestly, here's one rule of thumb that will help: we're people too! If there's something you wouldn't do to someone else in control of their own body (like touching them or saying things you think would upset them), then don't. But everyone has different rules, and you can determine boundaries by literally talking to them and being friends.

Oct 25, 2017
Houston
I can't help thinking the type of people they want to get through to with lists like these, are the exact type of people who actively mock and make fun of lists like these

yep, it seems more about attacking her allies than addressing bigotry and ignorance in the general community
you do know you can't fix the racist if you are a part of the race they hate right? you know who you could change/influence the ones who are "allies" and allies

Surfinn

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
USA
Most certainly, my man. Honestly, here's one rule of thumb that will help: we're people too! If there's something you wouldn't do to someone else in control of their own body (like touching them or saying things you think would upset them), then don't. But everyone has different rules, and you can determine boundaries by literally talking to them and being friends.
Good advice. I appreciate this post

Lost

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I'm fine. You should walk away.

Nothing like belittling someone's point by telling them they're offended. You guys do that a lot.

I already said my peace and you're only exemplifying it more.

Haha who is "you guys"?

You still haven't said why you're offended.

So why are you? Mad someone took a meme you made?

I don't think anyone here knows why you want certain memes to be exclusive to certain types of people.

So let's hear it.

Last edited:

Lost

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I'm not offended, but you keep telling me I am. Tell me more about how I feel in the most condescending way.

Haha, you came at me and said I'm a privileged white guy who takes what I want and I should fuck off
kttcolileon

So why should memes be segregated?

Oct 25, 2017
User banned (24h): hostility
Is this prick fucking serious right now? I'd rather he just spit in my face and walk away and be done with it.

Lost

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
User banned (4 days): trolling, derailing, previous infractions for similar behaviour
Is this prick fucking serious right now? I'd rather he just spit in my face and walk away and be done with it.

Oh now I'm a "fucking prick"
rsz_tqharym.png

And quote me next time.

You're the one starting a fight on a web forum. Now you can't finish it? Cmon now, you're better than that!

What's wrong with everyone using the same memes? The internet, and memes, bring people together. You don't want that?