Status
Not open for further replies.

GavinUK86

Oct 25, 2017
User banned (1 week): Dismissing concerns of bigotry
I've never watched LSM but been with Easy Allies since the beginning and all through Gametrailers so good on Brad for getting his own show and being able to do whatever he likes. Colin seems like a decent boss from what he says at the beginning of the show. EZA really dropped the ball and are now paying for it going part time. Unfortunate, but it's the reality. I'll continue to watch em and now I can add LSM to my watch list because Brad has always been awesome. Very exited to watch more.

FUNKNOWN iXi

▲ Legend ▲
Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
They knew because there was an uproar when Jones appeared on Colin's podcast and he came out and said that probably wasn't the best idea, which cause Colin to ban him or some shit.
Yup, 100% they knew. Colin isn't stupid, he manipulated this.

Does anyone actually believe Dustin planned to be on EZA without him and Colin having this exact scenario in mind and making a play on that expected outcome?

Come on now, people here can't be as naive as the LSM community to believe this. I know we've seen a few weirdos come out with the "fuck around and find out" narrative already, but hopefully people aren't that naive on the whole.

pioneer

May 31, 2022
I'm not a fan of lsm but I watched the episode and moved on like a normal person. Some of you are too online and everything has to be drama about how bad X person is.

Followers of EZA being disappointed in them promoting someone who is openly bigoted is not the same thing as being "too online" and making "everything" into "drama." You're being reductive and generalizing. If it didn't bother you that's great, but there's no reason why you should expect everyone to follow suit.

Izanagi89

"This guy are sick" and Corrupted by Vengeance
Oct 27, 2017
All these posters coming out of the woodwork suddenly becoming fans of LSM and championing Brad is hilarious. It's like ya'll couldn't wait to let it out.

SunKing

Oct 25, 2017
This thread is really bringing out the bigot/transphobe defenders, huh.

Real classy.

dglavimans

Nov 13, 2019
Some of the posts here should have stayed in 2023 tbh. What is happening?

Makes me genuinely sad to see..

Helix

Mayor of Clown Town
Jun 8, 2019
thread is going as expected…..again.

keep it going chuds.

Agent_J

Banned
Oct 30, 2017
User banned (1 month): Dismissing concerns of bigotry, previous ban for downplaying sexism
Good for Brad. Too many haters in this thread (and online in general). Fan bases are weird sometimes

Ambient

Dec 23, 2017
LSM is owned by Colin Moriarty who is an open transphobe and misogynist. He's banned here but you can find more by Googling his name if you need to. He was a guest on Joe Rogan and most of their discussion was anti "cancel culture."
Damn is there videos or posts proving all of this? I googled the Joe Rogan interview but I don't really want to watch it all not really a fan of Rogan. Are there examples of his transphobia?

Oct 28, 2017
Seems like a show mainly focused on discussing gameplay and actually playing games so it's already got my interest just from that. I hate having to skip through so much filler just to hear people discuss the games they've been playing.

Nerokis

Oct 25, 2017
LSM is by all accounts a very successful outlet. Pretty sad that Colin still feels the need to revel in a highly trivial beef with EZA.

likes. EZA really dropped the ball and are now paying for it going part time. Unfortunate, but it's the reality

EZA has been struggling to generate momentum for a minute now. Are you sure you're not putting a little too much emphasis on this latest bump in the road when it comes to them going part time?

ergoakari

Oct 28, 2017
Canada
Very disappointed. Ultimately I respect his choice. I just won't follow him anymore. Some people have low standards and watch stuff like LSM and are okay with supporting rotten people like Colin. Those people are not worth your time or head space, just let him fade into obscurity.

Dec 5, 2017
Colins whole victim complex is so annoying.

He spends so much energy trying to convince the world that he's not bothered by the wider community turning on him.

No one cared about his history fandom or conservative views at KF. 2016 really broke him, made him act so much more hateful, and it became a very frustrating feedback loop where any criticism caused him to dive deeper into the salt and cancel culture nonsense.

Minthara

Freelance Market Director
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
Montreal
Damn is there videos or posts proving all of this? I googled the Joe Rogan interview but I don't really want to watch it all not really a fan of Rogan. Are there examples of his transphobia?

He's banned here but just google racism or transphobia, or do a forum search here.

Also, he literally platformed a transphobic asshole (the social media manager that got fired from I believe it was Limited Run) less than a year ago.

Oct 28, 2017
There's no point in re-litigating but Colin Moriarty's politics are indeed problematic. Worse yet, the smugness, lack of political depth he's demonstrated over the years and overall victim complex give off horrible vibes. I don't often bash content creators based on their community either but there's a large hive mind that surrounds Colin's output that he does neither effectively moderate but actually pander towards. He's certainly incentivised to do so via his pateron subscriptions and for that, feel free to spend your time and money where you wish.

Messofanego

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
UK
I've never watched LSM but been with Easy Allies since the beginning and all through Gametrailers so good on Brad for getting his own show and being able to do whatever he likes. Colin seems like a decent boss from what he says at the beginning of the show. EZA really dropped the ball and are now paying for it going part time. Unfortunate, but it's the reality. I'll continue to watch em and now I can add LSM to my watch list because Brad has always been awesome. Very exited to watch more.
Decent boss if you're cool with excusing Colin's open bigotry, sure.

Jun 1, 2021
I fail to see how anyone who is a member of this forum would be happy for Brad to go work under someone with a history of transphobia and god knows what else. To go from Easy Allies whole brand and messaging to that, is actually pretty wild.

GavinUK86

Oct 25, 2017
LSM is by all accounts a very successful outlet. Pretty sad that Colin still feels the need to revel in a highly trivial beef with EZA.

EZA has been struggling to generate momentum for a minute now. Are you sure you're not putting a little too much emphasis on this latest bump in the road when it comes to them going part time?
No it's everything but this bump definitely didn't help

bigturkey

Mar 16, 2022
This is so fucking disappointing. I've been following EZA since their inception and this being brads outcome is repulsive. Colin is a manipulative, bigoted piece of trash and I cannot fathom how Brad considers this move acceptable, especially considering the EZA addage of 'love and respect'.

How Colin has manipulated this situation immediately by saying that his platform 'welcomes varied opinions' is right out of the alt right playbook. The reason those viewpoints espoused by bigots are not tolerated it clear to anyone with any sense at all, you cannot tolerate intolerance as it will erode that tolerance and continue to favour those blinded by their own privilege.

Extremely disappointing and anyone saying 'good for Brad' and 'eza fucked around and found out' are either being openly supportive of a known bigoted platform or openly ignorant of the issues surround said platform and its founder.

Brad, if this is your route, good riddance

Nov 4, 2022
Weird that whenever a minor media figure makes a transition to the right wing grift circuit there's a bunch of dorks popping up to feed the outrage machine; almost like this is an entirely attention-driven phenomenon with little of actual worth to offer beyond membership in a cult of persecution.

B.O.O.M.

Oct 25, 2017
Bro some of you are not slick with these Brad defense posts. Masks off all over the place.

What a disappointing but yet expected outcome.

Nerokis

Oct 25, 2017
Silver lining to this is that they're practically announcing themselves to mods

Yup. I don't know why they found Brad joining LSM such a victory that apparently it was worth showing their asses in celebration.

No it's everything but this bump definitely didn't help

I mean, all that scrutiny, whatever tension may have existed within the crew as a result, people unsubscribing due to offending Dustin/LSM, people unsubscribing due to appeasing Dustin/LSM… I can imagine some combo of this playing out and having a role, for sure.

I find it hard to believe it was determinative at all, though. Things have visibly been heading in this direction for a long time.

Weird that whenever a minor media figure makes a transition to the right wing grift circuit there's a bunch of dorks popping up to feed the outrage machine; almost like this is an entirely attention-driven phenomenon with little of actual worth to offer beyond membership in a cult of persecution.

Well said.

pioneer

May 31, 2022
I fail to see how anyone who is a member of this forum would be happy for Brad to go work under someone with a history of transphobia and god knows what else. To go from Easy Allies whole brand and messaging to that, is actually pretty wild.
From everything I've read of those defending the Dustin guest spot and Brad moving onto LSM, it's that discussing video games with your friends is a sacred cow that magically exists entirely outside of politics.

Sparks

Senior Games Artist
Verified
Dec 10, 2018
Los Angeles
I'm definitely in some shitty timeline. Was a huge GiantBomb and Easy Allies fan… sigh. Why's all this so depressing. I really dislike all other gaming personality outlets.

snausages

Feb 12, 2018
Yeah, I have no context of this situation and found tweets like that really easily. Wasn't at all difficult

Oct 25, 2017
I don't know anything about LSM, but Colin is a big old piece of shit, so I am gonna assume anything by him reflects that.

pioneer

May 31, 2022
Didn't they all back LSM after the whole backlash? They addressed it in favour for LSM
You're right. The generous way to look at it is that they're just trying to be diplomatic, especially with their friends and former coworker joining LSM, but this also was not then first time EZA collaborated with them so maybe there's no reason to be so generous

Mass Effect

One Winged Slayer
Oct 31, 2017
I see a lot of... seldom-used accounts coming out ITT.

Anyway, I guess that means Brad is pretty much banned from Era since we don't allow LSM content here.

mrmickfran

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
Gongaga
giphy.gif

Nepenthe

When the music hits, you feel no pain.
Administrator
Oct 25, 2017
Locking this thread to review the incoming reports. We'll update this thread once we're done.

LSM is banned on ERA

Judge

Vault-Tec Seal of Approval
Oct 25, 2017
Official Staff Communication
Colin Moriarty, and by extension his company Last Stand Media, are banned on ResetEra and have been for a while. As a result, we are removing links to his social media presence. Furthermore, defending or downplaying any of his documented bigotry will result in moderator action.

Status
Not open for further replies.