Dec 14, 2019
Microsoft is apparently working on a feature that will allow you to stream your PC games trough xCloud. It's going to be something similar to GeForce Now, and it's expected to be announced soon.

I sure hope Microsoft have a better plan than Nvidia in order to keep publishers on this service, considering that almost every major publisher pulled out once GeForce Now left beta.

Source @ 03:45

youtu.be

What's Next for xCloud

Curious about where xCloud is headed next? Here's what you need to know.Full Writeup: https://www.thurrott.com/games/xbox/230851/the-road-ahead-for-project-x...

AzerPhire

Oct 25, 2017
I wonder if this is going to be similar to how they are letting you stream from your own Xbox console. If so I can't see how publishers could block it like they do with Geforce Now.

Askherserenity

Prophet of Truth - Chicken Chaser
Oct 27, 2017
Microsoft is going so hard lol

If they're announcing this after all the shit NVIDIA just had to go through, I'm sure they have a plan right?

koutoru

Oct 27, 2017
So this would put it in direct competition with Geforce Now? I would be interested in seeing how publishers respond and how the service compares to Geforce Now.

Nov 1, 2017
Crazy how Microsoft is making all the right moves after last gen, I suppose that's the difference between having someone good in charge does. Depending on Sony I might actually pick Xbox to go with next gen, they need to prove they still got their hand on the ball and won't blow the PS4 lead.

Betty

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Horizon Zero Dawn on Xbox Series X might be possible then?

Always wondered if Steam would ever put it's storefront on consoles.

digitalrelic

Weight Loss Champion 2018: Biggest Change
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Microsoft is starting to make Sony look pretty antiquated. Getting really curious what's going to be unveiled with the PS5.

Fadewise

Nov 5, 2017
This video seems confused. He's comparing it to GeForce Now which would imply that it's MS running Windows 10 on their data center blades, but then in the same breath talks about streaming from your own PC, which would make it more comparable to Steam Remote Play.

HMC

Aug 24, 2018
Forgive my ignorance, but would I be able to stream PC games from someone else's computer? I have a friend in the master race, would I be able to play his copy of Star Citizen on my Xbox? If so, I will legit shit myself.

MistahS

Prophet of Truth
The Fallen
Sep 2, 2018
If this takes I hope I can just sign in and access my games. I built up a decent collection of free games on steam over the years 😅

MykhellMikado

Alt account
Banned
Jan 13, 2020
This video seems confused. He's comparing it to GeForce Now which would imply that it's MS running Windows 10 on their data center blades, but then in the same breath talks about streaming from your own PC, which would make it more comparable to Steam Remote Play.

Wait didn't they already announce they would enable PC streaming to Xbox from your own PC. I think he's confused because MS calls both the console streaming and streaming from the servers project Xcloud, but MS definitely already announced streaming from your home PC to your Xbox.

OneBadMutha

Nov 2, 2017
I'm guessing this will include all PC Game Pass games on the go? So Yakuza on a tablet over my car's wifi while I wait to pick up the kids?

Fadewise

Nov 5, 2017
Wait didn't they already announce they would enable PC streaming to Xbox from your own PC. I think he's confused because MS calls both the console streaming and streaming from the servers project Xcloud, but MS definitely already announced streaming from your home PC to your Xbox.

The android app is called "Xbox Game Streaming", and within that you can choose between xCloud and Console Streaming. From a branding perspective, they've been using xCloud to explicitly refer to the use cases where you're playing on Microsoft's data center hardware. So this rumor could either be about adding a third option (PC Streaming) to stream from your local PC, or actually adding Windows 10 instances to the xCloud infrastructure. If it's the latter, I would imagine that this would be limited to games you own on the Windows Store, not just anything you have on Steam or Battle.net like GeForceNow is trying to do...

Dunlop

Oct 25, 2017
Can't watch the video ATM. Stream from a VM like Nvidia or stream from your PC like Steam?

Loving GeForce Now, so hope it is the former

Keric

Oct 28, 2017
Soon I'll be playing Horizon Zero Dawn on my Xbox. What a world. Denis Dyack was right.

OP
OP
ThreepwoodMighty
Dec 14, 2019

It's probably more like GeForce Now. He's talking about the future of xCloud, not your personal desktop as a server.

Polyh3dron

Prophet of Regret
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I wonder if they have to be games through the Xbox app or if they can be Steam games.

TheGhost

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Long Island
Geez what aren't they working on. They may not be the most popular console globally but they are leading the change for the hobby we enjoy

Mr_DyZ

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Jun 12, 2019
Crazy how Microsoft is making all the right moves after last gen, I suppose that's the difference between having someone good in charge does. Depending on Sony I might actually pick Xbox to go with next gen, they need to prove they still got their hand on the ball and won't blow the PS4 lead.

Phil Spencer bringing that big dick energy.

Fadewise

Nov 5, 2017
im guessing you would only be streaming xboxlive/GamePass games anyways (the pc versions of those games on those services)...which means publishers already have incentives from the Microsoft service ecosystem.

That's what doesn't add up to me. if that was the case, why even bother to stand up a Windows 10 infrastructure if those are already available as the Xbox version. It's a different license, sure, but if MS has the pull with third party publishers to make those PC licenses streamable, then why not just stick with the Xbox based infrastructure? The list of PC-only games currently available on the Windows store seems far to meager to make this worthwhile. Now, if it included the other storefronts, that's an entirely different ballgame...

SlipperyMoose

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
This is actually really interesting. I hope it's true because I think it's an awesome idea and I think Microsoft could do it so why not

OP
OP
ThreepwoodMighty
Dec 14, 2019
That's what doesn't add up to me. if that was the case, why even bother to stand up a Windows 10 infrastructure if those are already available as the Xbox version. It's a different license, sure, but if MS has the pull with third party publishers to make those PC licenses streamable, then why not just stick with the Xbox based infrastructure? The list of PC-only games currently available on the Windows store seems far to meager to make this worthwhile. Now, if it included the other storefronts, that's an entirely different ballgame...

Like Steam? But would Microsoft let Valve make more money?

elzeus

Oct 30, 2017
Phil Spencer bringing that big dick energy.
nyyv9jhd.gif

Fadewise

Nov 5, 2017
Like Steam? But would Microsoft let Valve make more money?

That wouldn't be out of line with Microsoft's current attitudes toward putting their games everywhere. If xCloud ends up being part of GamePass Ultimate, then it's a win-win; Microsoft gets the subscription money and Valve gets more penetration for Steam, which has always been their MO (hence why they allow devs to generate unlimited keys to sell on other storefronts for free). In that scenario though, it would come down to whether or not the third-party publishers play ball and not hamstring them like they're currently doing to GeForce Now.

Deleted member 30681

user requested account closure
Banned
Nov 4, 2017
As awesome as this is, I'm still waiting to see what Valve has up their sleeve, because if Valve can deliver on streaming for all the games on steam, I think I'd take that over services that have a lot of titles, but not everything, I would particularly be interested in playing.