purseowner

From the mirror universe
Oct 25, 2017
UK
dims

Release Date: 14/12/18 (Digital only)
Platform: PSVR
Price: $50/£40

The iconic shooter-looter gets in your face! Virtually immerse yourself in the untamed world of Borderlands. Step into the boots of a treasure-seeking Vault Hunter armed with 87 bazillion guns on a quest to line your pockets with loot. Blast bandits with real-world aiming, punch psychos in the mouth, race across the desert in stolen bandit vehicles and free Pandora from Handsome Jack's clutches!

PUT ON YOUR VIRTUAL BOOTS
Become one of four playable classes: Siren, Commando, Gunzerker and Assassin, each with unique skillsets and combat styles!

GET VIRTUALLY LOADED
Shoot-and-loot with bazillions of procedurally-generated guns, each with their own capabilities and modifiers. Plus, lust after procedurally-generated shields, grenades, relics, class mods and more for maximum power and mayhem!

VIRTUALLY STOP TIME
Use the new Slow-Mo ability to set up your next attack! Plus, with Teleport, glide across Pandora as gracefully as Claptrap, if he had grace.

More info from PS Blog (https://blog.us.playstation.com/2018/10/09/first-look-at-borderlands-2-vr-launching-december-14/):

44403351514_c9b186307b_h.jpg

44403351154_679daaf002_h.jpg

44403351594_7e618f7298_h.jpg

As soon as we brought the game to PS4 as part of The Handsome Collection in 2016, our brains immediately began cranking on how we could bring the experience to VR and take advantage of PS VR's capabilities. We all have spent years immersed in the world and these characters, so we were excited to utilize the PS VR to bring everyone in even deeper.
The biggest new feature of Borderlands 2 VR is our take on bullet-time, called "BAMF Time" (or "BadAss Mega Fun Time" if you're not into the whole brevity thing). Activating BAMF Time will give you the speed and reflexes of a rabid skag, allowing you to dodge bullets, pull off 360 no-scope headshots, and even use your Action Skill to fight off hordes of bandits, bullymongs, and whatever else Pandora might throw at you.

The original four playable Vault Hunters from Borderlands 2 are back, along with their special abilities and BAMF-modified skill trees. We added in BAMF Time upgrades to previous abilities, like Zer0's "Death Mark," which marks targets for additional damage but now also restores two seconds of BAMF Time per marked kill.
And since Borderlands 2 VR is a single-player experience, we updated previous skills that relied on a co-op partner, such as Maya's "Res" ability, which now is called "Empathy" – causing Phaselock to deplete half your current health, damaging enemies based on how much health you lost, and doubling healing during BAMF Time.

Another new twist you'll find in Borderlands 2 VR is the fact that for the first time ever, you'll be driving vehicles and racking up the roadkill count from a first-person perspective. While accelerating and steering with the PlayStation Move motion controllers, players will be able to aim the vehicle's guns with their headset. Experience firsthand the sublime exhilaration of driving one way and looking another! Lose yourself in the roar of the engine, the Pandoran landscape, the wind and viscera in your hair as you mow down your enemies—all from the comfort of your own home!

We first introduced the lawless and chaotic world of Pandora with Borderlands in 2009; and with Borderlands 2 in 2012, we set out to deliver more guns, more action, and even more awesome. The response from the community was overwhelming and humbling. We think it's that mix of action, humor, style, and heart that added up to Borderlands' own brand of fun. To now bring that spicy special sauce up-close-and-personal in a VR world is beyond what we could have ever hoped for all those years ago.

FAQ

Are the DLCs included?
No.

Physical release?
Seemingly not.

PSVR exclusive?
Timed exclusive.

BlkSquirtle

One Winged Slayer
Oct 26, 2017
Can you still not use your Borderlands 2 save data on this? If so I'm still out.

OP
OP
purseowner

purseowner

From the mirror universe
Oct 25, 2017
UK
This is a little early, due to me being unable to post it on launch day. Mods, please lock for now if need be.

Aru

Oct 28, 2017
50$ for a single player only port without the GOTY edition content? Are they mad?

Tregard

Oct 27, 2017
Very cool to get this in VR, but £40 for vanilla Borderlands 2 is a bit much for me. I look forward to the first sale!

Fisty

Oct 25, 2017
This game was pretty damn grueling on a flat screen, but VR and solo-only would probably make it even worse.

And not even including the Tiny Tina DLC is probably the dumbest thing ever, as it's the only thing that would make me consider this

CKOHLER

Oct 25, 2017
I'm really looking forward to this! After Skyrim, I welcome another 30+ hour AAA full campaign conversion for VR even if there is no co-op.

sensui-tomo

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Was excited to get this, but after seeing single player only I was still okay, then I saw the no dlc at all.... sorry I cant even support a release like this when skyrim was able to include all of its DLC for their vr version.

Oct 26, 2017
Desert Land
I'm so skeptical about this, I really don't understand the logic in not including the DLC? I can kinda understand the co-op because maybe it's too much of a system strain. But not including the DLC, why!?

Oct 25, 2017
Silicon Valley
I'm so skeptical about this, I really don't understand the logic in not including the DLC? I can kinda understand the co-op because maybe it's too much of a system strain. But not including the DLC, why!?
It probably comes down to the budget and time given to them. The same goes for co-op not being in. We're talking about a game that had splitscreen coop on last gen consoles. There are plenty of PSVR games that feature coop and/or competiv multiplayer with modern graphics that Borderlands 2 doesnt employ.

Crumpo

Oct 28, 2017
Bournemouth, UK
What a missed opportunity. People crying out for more VR multilayer and they don't support coop. And no DLC is ridiculous, given they already ported everything with the handsome collection.

I'll stick with THC, which is my second time purchasing; given the lack of content here I'll wait for this to go cheap before picking up.

Francesco

Nov 22, 2017
What a missed opportunity. People crying out for more VR multilayer and they don't support coop. And no DLC is ridiculous, given they already ported everything with the handsome collection.

I'll stick with THC, which is my second time purchasing; given the lack of content here I'll wait for this to go cheap before picking up.
With Firewall, Rec Room updates and Sprint Vector all coming out this year, what was missing was a big single player experience in VR.

I have to imagine this game in VR is puke city.
Lol you in 2016?

Quample

Dec 23, 2017
Cincinnati, OH
Someone told me this has full locomotion with the move controllers, but how? There are no analog sticks. I imagine you'd want to use a gamepad for this if you have PSVR...teleporting around this huge world seems tedious as hell. And no co-op? Ugh. May or may not get this if/when it comes to PCVR. I bet it feels pretty cool to be in the Borderlands world at least. I imagine the sharpness of the style lends itself well to VR too.

Ryengeku

Oct 26, 2017
Georgia, US
What are the chances of them creating new DLC specific to the VR inception of the game? They added new mechanics/skills that aren't in the flat version, so it'd be cool if they did so for DLC as well.

Skyrim may have included all DLC but that game in terms of mechanics were still similar to the flat version, aside from motion controls.

Someone told me this has full locomotion with the move controllers, but how? There are no analog sticks. I imagine you'd want to use a gamepad for this if you have PSVR...teleporting around this huge world seems tedious as hell. And no co-op? Ugh. May or may not get this if/when it comes to PCVR. I bet it feels pretty cool to be in the Borderlands world at least. I imagine the sharpness of the style lends itself well to VR too.
Free locomotion will be implemented in the physical move button that you press with your thumb on the controller. You hold it down and your character moves forward. And to move side-to-side/backwards, you'll continue holding it down while slightly turning the move controller in the direction that you want to go. I say slightly because they don't make you have to completely/constantly flick your wrist in the direction or else it'd hurt after a while. It's a scheme that's been used in plenty of games and works really well. Trust me. The Moves are much more immersive to use in VR rather than the DS4 in most cases. Not all though.

Last edited:

CKOHLER

Oct 25, 2017
Someone told me this has full locomotion with the move controllers, but how? There are no analog sticks.
It has a similar scheme as with Skyrim VR. You use the left Move controller like a analog stick, tilting it. It should work well enough. The video valeu posted explains it.

Mechaplum

Enlightened
Oct 26, 2017
JP

Just like in Skyrim, you hold down a button and tilt a controller to move. It's actually quite easy.

Quample

Dec 23, 2017
Cincinnati, OH
It has a similar scheme as with Skyrim VR. You use the left Move controller like a analog stick, tilting it. It should work well enough. The video valeu posted explains it.

Just like in Skyrim, you hold down a button and tilt a controller to move. It's actually quite easy.

Oh, that's pretty cool. Dashing around in combat is probably pretty cool if teleportation is anything like Robo Recall though. Good that there are options...all VR games need that.

Crumpo

Oct 28, 2017
Bournemouth, UK
With Firewall, Rec Room updates and Sprint Vector all coming out this year, what was missing was a big single player experience in VR.

I don't think we're disagreeing, as we do need full games like this, but unlike FO3 or NV remasters this game is built around coop and to drop that from the VR version makes this a less complete. this is a "why can't we have both?" position. They can argue they didn't have the resources to do it but as a consumer the value proposition does not warrant full price, particularly for people who have already bought the full game+dlc more than once before, with coop. The funny thing is, VR is not really a casual market so the hyper-consumer like us, that normally mean nothing to sales, actually count for something here.

I personally would not touch rec room with a barge pole (I'm not 10) and although I love firewall it's a pvp with only a defuse game mode; it's a totally different type of game to BL2. As I said, a missed opportunity.

Francesco

Nov 22, 2017
I don't think we're disagreeing, as we do need full games like this, but unlike FO3 or NV remasters this game is built around coop and to drop that from the VR version makes this a less complete. this is a "why can't we have both?" position. They can argue they didn't have the resources to do it but as a consumer the value proposition does not warrant full price, particularly for people who have already bought the full game+dlc more than once before, with coop. The funny thing is, VR is not really a casual market so the hyper-consumer like us, that normally mean nothing to sales, actually count for something here.

I personally would not touch rec room with a barge pole (I'm not 10) and although I love firewall it's a pvp with only a defuse game mode; it's a totally different type of game to BL2. As I said, a missed opportunity.
I'm sure having played the game once, you would need a different kind of experience to feel like the game's worth it.
Having never played the game, my annoyance comes from the lack of the DLCs more so than the multiplayer.
Which I would never have time to schedule, anyway.

SilkySm00th

Oct 31, 2017
Wow dropping coop was .... a bad call. I cant imagine putting even half as much time into this game if it was singleplayer. That's a stranger decision than no dlc for me.

TheMan

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Man, I was excited for this but some of these decisions they've made...I'll definitely wait for impressions.

8byte

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt-account
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Kansas
Seems to match the effort put forth for Borderlands 2 Vita, honestly.

EVA UNIT 01

Oct 27, 2017
CA
No dlcs and SP only.
50$

New guys...buy the handsome collection instead.
Its dirt cheap and has literally 5x the content for cheaper.
On PC its even cheaper

ryseing

Bought courtside tickets just to read a book.
Oct 25, 2017
For lovers
Seems to match the effort put forth for Borderlands 2 Vita, honestly.

BL2 Vita had all the DLC and Iron Galaxy clearly tried their best on it, even if the results weren't the best.

This? Oof.

A VR rebuy of a 2012 game.
With the coop removed
With none of the dlc
For 50$

Bold move Randy

Also no Aim support.

I would have considered this on a sale just because the Aim is a great piece of kit and I want more games to use it with, but nope.

Evan8192

Banned
Aug 27, 2018
I still want to get this someday but all of the cut features and no DLC just really pains me :( And for $50 I'm definitely going to want to wait for a sale. I dont know how they could look at how Skyrim was done with all DLC and think that it would be acceptable to strip all of that, as well as basic features like co-op.

Izzard

Banned
Sep 21, 2018
It's a shame there's no DLC, but I guess it's down to size and time. No co op must mean no end boss fights, surely? I've preordered anyway, the main game is one of my favourites. Price takes the piss though, greedy cunts. I already bought it on PS3, PS4, Vita, X, and PC.