Slayven

Never read a comic in his life
Oct 25, 2017
I thought Ice Age was still hot over seas?

KNZFive

Oct 28, 2017
Production on the Patrick Osborne-directed Nimona, which is dated for Jan. 14, 2022, is being stopped and the film will no longer be released, Deadline has learned. Nimona had 10 months of production still left to complete. Nimona followed a young shape-shifter who teams up with a mad scientist named Lord Ballister Blackheart to expose the ruler of the kingdom.

What the FUCK Disney. I was really looking forward to seeing how they adapted Noelle Stevenson's webcomic/graphic novel.

mreddie

Oct 26, 2017
Fuck, they were gonna keep them around but the pandemic really fucked things up but this...

Production on the Patrick Osborne-directed Nimona, which is dated for Jan. 14, 2022, is being stopped and the film will no longer be released, Deadline has learned. Nimona had 10 months of production still left to complete.

This fucking sucks

Neutra

Oct 27, 2017
NYC
DAMN that's a huge blow to NY and the industry in general.

they're just straight up cancelling Nimona too

Kaban

Oct 25, 2017
Ah shit, that's a huge bummer. East coast animation just lost a huge player.

Damn you, Disney.

Bus-TEE

Banned
Nov 20, 2017
I remember a now ex-member of ERA being very aggressive at my suggestion that Disney would close this studio after the merger.

He's gone.

Blue Sky is also gone.

I'm still here.

Hopefully most of this talent finds work elsewhere, it's a growing market out there with the streamers investing heavily in the animation scene.

Gentlemen

Oct 25, 2017
Production on the Patrick Osborne-directed Nimona, which is dated for Jan. 14, 2022, is being stopped and the film will no longer be released, Deadline has learned. Nimona had 10 months of production still left to complete. Nimona followed a young shape-shifter who teams up with a mad scientist named Lord Ballister Blackheart to expose the ruler of the kingdom.

Man fuck this shit, let Noelle Stevenson get more shine please.

Jmdajr

Oct 25, 2017
Oh shit...

Can't tell you how many times my daughter watched Rio.

Very sad.

Aurongel

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Absolutely tragic news, there was some top tier talent at that studio.

Dyle

One Winged Slayer
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Not a huge surprise given their redundancy for the broader company but a shame they won't be able to finish what they were working on.

Tom Nook

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
RIP.

Peanuts and the First Ice Age were my favorites.

Have not seen the Will Smith as a bird one.

shaneo632

Weekend Planner
Oct 29, 2017
Wrexham, Wales
Man that sucks for Nimona. 10 months left for an animated film really isn't much at all. C'mon Disney just let them finish their movie :(

Also surprising to me they didn't try to squeeze out another Ice Age film even as the grosses were dropping off (last one still made $400+m).

Oct 22, 2020
The pandemic strikes me as a super convenient pretext for closing a studio that Disney was probably always going to close.

Really, really sucks. Blue Sky is super talented.

Kyrios

Oct 27, 2017
Oh man I really hope they fold people into other Disney studios. Incredibly talented animation studio :(

mreddie

Oct 26, 2017
HBO Max is handling Lumberjanes guys, not Disney or Netflix.
Yeah but FOX was planning on it until the merger

As of May 2015, 20th Century Fox was working on a live-action adaptation.[29] In August 2016, Emily Carmichael was announced to direct the film. In August 2019, the film was reportedly canceled by Disney after its acquisition of 21st Century Fox.

Max won the rights after fighting for them with Peacock.

gnexus

Mar 30, 2018
ice-age-continental-crack-u.jpg

I blame this guy. Sucks though, hopefully everyone lands on their feet.

Xristot

Oct 27, 2017
They are definitely looking to hook us up to other studios. We'll see how many make the switch.