Yuri P

Oct 28, 2017
Just announced on Twitter
Japanese version announcement
blue-protocol.com

「BLUE PROTOCOL」サービス終了のお知らせ | BLUE PROTOCOL

日頃より「BLUE PROTOCOL」の世界に足を運んでいただきありがとうございます。プロジェクトスカイブルー エグゼクティブプロデューサーの下岡です。 この度、ブループロトコルにつきましては、誠に勝手ながら2025年1月18日(土)にサー

Amazon Games version announcement
blue-protocol.com

Amazon Games版のリリース中止のお知らせ | BLUE PROTOCOL

Japanese この度、ブループロトコルの日本版につきまして、誠に勝手ながら2025年1月18日(土)にサービスを終了させていただくことになりました。 この日本版の終了に伴い、Amazon Games版につきましても開発の継続ができなくな

View: https://x.com/BLUEPROTOCOL_JP/status/1828629461434278184

Super

Studied the Buster Sword
Jan 29, 2022
It was always coming. I need to delete it off my PS5.

J_ToSaveTheDay

"This guy are sick" and Corrupted by Vengeance
Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
USA
Has Amazon been pretty skittish in their commitments to games or am I misremembering?

Sad to see this not even receive its global shot before getting taken down. :/

I KILL PXLS

Oct 25, 2017
Wow. There was a point I was so hyped for this waiting for a cool looking action MMO to fill the hole Tera left. Guess I'll keep waiting.

Has Amazon been pretty skittish in their commitments to games or am I misremembering?

Sad to see this not even receive its global shot before getting taken down. :/
Don't think this has anything to do with Amazon (though I am curious how they're affected by this). The game's release overseas has been troubled to put it lightly.

Saiyaman

Dec 19, 2017
Not surprised after they seemingly disappeared off the face of the planet once the beta concluded. I didn't enjoy my time in the beta, but I feel for the people who wanted and have been waiting for this game.

Kudo

Oct 25, 2017
After seeing it was Amazon doing the publishing in West, I lost all interest. I guess having some sort of conclusion is nice.

mudai

Oct 27, 2017
I remember when there was a thread speculating about it shutting down service and some people were like "It's doing well now, it even got an anniversary event." An anniversary event doesn't mean anything. Well, here's the answer now I guess.

The writing was on the wall. Sucks of course for the people who were waiting for it. I feel bad for the devs who put so much into making the game. But someitmes it be like that, I guess.

chrisdm

Oct 27, 2017
Northeast United States
Wow, this is a huge bummer. Regardless of the issues I had heard about from the Japanese release, I was really looking forward to giving Global a shot. 🥺

There was a period where I'd watch so many videos discussing the Japanese release and update news, impressions, etc.

hydruxo

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
Haven't followed this at all since the initial reveal but from the outside looking in I had no idea this game was having so much trouble?? Thought they were just silently working on it. Bummer because it looked neat.

Dest

Has seen more 10s than EA ever will
Coward
Jun 4, 2018
Work
the whole thing has just been a fumble since announcement. not surprised.

SaberVS7

Oct 25, 2017
Yeah, called it after the rest-of-Asia publisher unceremoniously cancelled their localization.

koutoru

Oct 27, 2017
And there it is. I was getting this feeling that development on this was really languishing for a long while but I didn't think they would out right cancel it before it got a international release.

Bandai's next quarterly report will be interesting to look at.

Gamer @ Heart

Oct 26, 2017
How much fucking money did they waste on this.

Hasnt the past year of support been awful in Asia?

They were basically one foot out the door this whole time

Dale Copper

Apr 12, 2018
Haven't followed this at all since the initial reveal but from the outside looking in I had no idea this game was having so much trouble?? Thought they were just silently working on it. Bummer because it looked neat.
www.resetera.com

Bandai incurred 21 million yen impairment loss likely due to Blue Protocol

I sincerely hope Bandai invests to address the problem rather than shut the game down... Especially when Amazon is invested and publishing the global version. The next update is also due out end of February as well. Just... I dunno. If they shut the game down before the west gets it or don't...

It bombed

OP
OP
Yuri P

Yuri P

Oct 28, 2017
Dec 23, 2017
Heard the game wasn't fun then it went silent for awhile. They planned for a global release but they put that aside to focus on Japan I think.

Haven't heard a thing since. Not surprising that this happened though. The way this was handled is bizarre.

KCS

Oct 27, 2017
If you've seen Japanese players talk about the dev streams, then you've seen this coming. They completely fucked it up.

Strings

Oct 27, 2017
It's impractical and unappealing to the creatives who would be saddled with it, but I'd be interested in them taking the assets and building a singleplayer game with them.
I wonder if this is one of the biggest bomb in Bamco history....
It's probably by far their biggest? They basically singled it out in their financials without naming it when they reported a $51m loss for their Bamco Online subsidiary.

Oct 25, 2017
When I first saw this game, I thought to myself that after so long, I've found an MMO that actually interested me. Last time I remotely cared for MMOs was when Phantasy Star Online hit the Dreamcast.

I have not kept up with whatever's been going on with the game, but I'm fairly bummed I never at least got to see it release in the west.

I hope someone makes a postmortem video on what happened with this game.

WildArms

Apr 30, 2022
I'm BROKEN. Seriously... this was my dream game. I knew the problems and it didn't bother me. I want to explore this world so freaking badly! They could have EASILY transitioned this game to a Soulslike / Monster Hunter type game with what they had or made it like a Xenoblade / Dragon Quest / Tales of single player game but they didn't even decide to do that! What the hell! I'm done supporting Bandai and ESPECIALLY Amazon... seriously.

THIS... THIS HURTS WAY more than what happened with PSO2 New Genesis, FF Versus XIII, Project BBQ, Ghost in the Shell online... like... seriously. I've had WAY more than my share of games I was hyped for that either got canned before release or failed to deliver but this... I wanted this game more than ANY other game ever.

Pyro

God help us the mods are making weekend threads
Jul 30, 2018
United States
Rough. I was excited about this game for a while until learning more about what it actually was. Shame I didn't even get to try it though.

Merc_

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 28, 2017
Man, I still remember how people were hyping this game up too. I feel like I never heard anyone talk about it again after the Beta.

hydruxo

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
www.resetera.com

Bandai incurred 21 million yen impairment loss likely due to Blue Protocol

I sincerely hope Bandai invests to address the problem rather than shut the game down... Especially when Amazon is invested and publishing the global version. The next update is also due out end of February as well. Just... I dunno. If they shut the game down before the west gets it or don't...

It bombed

Bummer. Could've been cool, looked promising initially.