Qikz

Oct 25, 2017
www.ign.com

Blizzard Co-Founder Opens New Game Company, Dreamhaven, Developing Two Games - IGN

Blizzard co-founder Mike Morhaime has opened Dreamhaven, a new game company with two internal development studios, each headed by other Blizzard veterans.

Blizzard co-founder and ex-CEO Mike Morhaime has announced Dreamhaven, a new games company with two internal development studios, each of which is working on a new game, and is headed by other Blizzard veterans.

As reported by GamesBeat, Dreamhaven is designed as an overarching company - offering guidance and funding - within which development studios can open. Its first two internal studios are Moonshot and Secret Door.

Secret Door's studio head is Chris Sigaty (executive producer on Hearthstone, StarCraft 2, and Heroes of the Storm, and lead producer on the original Warcraft 3). He's joined by Eric Dodds (first game director on Hearthstone) and Alan Dabiri (game director on Heroes of the Storm) and a team of other veteran developers.

This is amazing. Blizzard are one of my favourite studios and what Activision has done to them is disgusting. I'm incredibly excited for their future. Maybe we'll even get a new RTS!

Galava

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 27, 2017
This is awesome. Really looking forward to what they make. Also, if that art is indicative of the projects, I'm down.

Eil_GaCXcAEahFz

Could this be the Blizzard-killer? 🤔

PapaJustify

Nov 3, 2017
Germany
Great news. Blizzard really went downhill since Activision & since Morhaime left. This can only lead to something good. Really talented folks there.

Zonal Hertz

Banned
Jun 13, 2018
Mike always seemed like a real one. His love for Starcraft and the esports scene seemed genuine and it showed.

I wonder if they will make an RTS.

shoptroll

May 29, 2018
Nice. Hopefully they can recapture some of the old magic. Definitely interested to see what they produce.

p3n

Oct 28, 2017
Blizzard's soul has left it's body long ago. Maybe, with time, this will turn into something that once was the old Blizzard.

Yuntu

Prophet of Regret Corrupted by Vengeance
Nov 7, 2019
Germany
Go on. I am listening Mike.

Best case this gives me another good ARPG. Though I still do trust the Diablo team at Blizzard a bunch.

Nomujoa

Oct 30, 2017
This is great news, the talent here is awesome and likeminded and I'm looking forward to what they produce! Glad that this old band is sticking together, and it is a shame hearing stories about what Activation is doing to Blizzard over these past few years.

fanboi

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Sweden
Wondering if the Warcraft 2 (movie) rumors are true on Twitter is the last thing I saw of him roughly 7 hours ago :p

i might be the only person but I liked the Warcraft movie and it was a solid foundation for things to come.

And after watching the Livh King trailer for WoW I reaaaaally need it.

Deleted member 46948

Account closed at user request
Banned
Aug 22, 2018
Good news, I always thought Mike's departure was the last nail in the coffin of old Blizzard.
Hopefully the spirit will live on in his new studio.