Deleted member 3203

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
sunny canada
Out of nowhere.

www.hollywoodreporter.com

Classic ‘Blade Runner’ Video Game to Be Restored For Consoles, Steam (Exclusive)

Nightdive Studios, known for restoring classic video games such as System Shock and Turok: Dinosaur Hunter, has partnered with production company Alcon Entertainment to restore the 1997 point-and-click adventure title Blade Runner for PlayStation 4, Xbox One and Nintendo Switch, as well as a PC...

Edit: Nightdive Studios is overseeing the remaster.

Deadpool_X

Oct 28, 2017
Indiana
Wow. This is insane. The original coming to GoG a few months ago blew my mind, as I never thought I'd see it re-released, but to get a restoration?! Nightdive is making my wildest dreams come true yet again.

MGPanda

Feb 25, 2018
This game is absolutely phenomenal. Pretty impressive to see a game that was so hard to officially come by up until recently have this big of a presence as of late!

Simo

Oct 26, 2017
Michigan, USA
Holy fuck outta nowhere lol

Picking this up for sure on PS4. Loved playing the original PC release so it's been a few years since I've last played it...lol

Shake Appeal

Oct 27, 2017
I thought the source code was lost?

Anyway, this is wild. Still one of the best licensed games ever made.

Pargon

Oct 27, 2017
Huh, the article makes it sound like Night Dive were working on their own reverse-engineering of the game, but this is coming right after the open-source ScummVM project finished reverse-engineering it late last year.
I'd be surprised if it's not based on that and ported to the KEX Engine. I'm curious to see what the enhancements are.

I also don't think it's a great game honestly, and was more revered for the property it was attached to, and the fact that it was "lost" for so long unless you could find a physical copy and manage to get it working on a modern PC.

Neat. I love the game but most people will not. It's very...obtuse.
And that's an understatement, if anything.

Is this what Vinny played
Yes
www.giantbomb.com

Playdate: Blade Runner (01/17/2020)

Do androids dream of electric playdates?

Zephy

Oct 27, 2017
Thall be a good time for me to play it. And also watch the movies while I'm at it. Is the story different from the first movie ?

Creamium

Oct 25, 2017
Belgium
This is amazing news for me, you have no idea how much I loved this game as a kid. I played it before I even saw the movie (was about 12) and for a long time I thought the game was better than the movie. I'm so excited to play this.

Polk

Avenger
Oct 26, 2017
Hmm I wonder how they approach video background. Do they have access to original files?

Acquiescence

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Lake Titicaca
Never thought I'd see the day when Westwood's Blade Runner comes to consoles. Kinda surreal.

I bought this on GoG recently, but I still haven't played it yet. I honestly kinda hate playing games on PC, so I think I'll double dip on console.

jdh96

One Winged Slayer
Jan 25, 2020
Awesome! I'm always wanted to play this, between this and the animated series that's coming to Adult Swim it's a good year to be a Blade Runner fan.

Mortal Mario

Apr 15, 2019
UK
This was great back in the day, would be interested in a nicely up-resed version. The story was pretty good too, worked as a decent sequel to the film.

B. Spaceman

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 29, 2017
Spain
Switch as well, you know. Might wanna put that in the title

Edit: I see you already replied

Haloid1177

Oct 25, 2017
Hey fuckers, finish System Shock, you know, the game you kickstarted and took people's money for, instead of working on all these other side projects.